Gold and Silver Stackers Keep the Faith!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silverbullion, Dec 31, 2015.

1. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

I am a self-confessed gold and silver stacker and proud of it. This is despite the opposition faced and the many attempts to side-track me and others like me. This is why I say to all gold and silver stackers keep the faith!

I am course not proclaiming "keep the faith!" in a religious sense, but simply in the sense of staying on course and doing what needs to be done. In fact, I feel sorry for those who negatively refer to gold and silver stacking as a religion (or a form and a fashion for that matter), just because folks like us choose to learn from history and show a strong dedication to the protection of our families against the continued collapse of fiat or debt-based currencies, including the US Dollar. I write this despite the strength the fiat dollar is currently showing, which is by large based on a vicious cycle of debt, death and misplaced trust in government, something which common sense dictates, have no lasting value in this life.

Be sure to read more here: http://www.newcoinreleases.com/gold-and-silver-stackers-keep-the-faith/ ;)

2. plata

plata Member Silver Stacker

keep the faith? good one! :)
    I found the site, the religious one, very interesting news.

http://ktfnews.com/

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen'

Yes, sounds like what's required for holding AU and AG over the last few years.

4. CFP

CFP New Member

I prefer "steer the course", am I going to hell?!

5. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

Yeah, it is discount time! :D

6. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

haha Me too, but I had to poke at those who refer to it as a religion.

7. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

Hi silverbullion, good article, done sharing it all along social networks.

However... rarely have I heard anyone refering to precious metal activities as a religion, although it may sound like it when you describe it like that :p

Religion is to practice something hoping that it will give you "salvation" or better position in front of others. I personally am against that way of thinking but effectively... precious metal stacking may present itself as a kind of "salvation provider" if we may say so... in a human way, at the human level.

The cycles speak for themselves and we "including government representatives and corporations" are far away to fully understand all the variables included in the formula. This is, amoung other things, a reason why no one could predict the exact time of the total collapse. Even if someone was right for 2008.
    In my opinion, the human nature and its appetite for power and gain will be the major weight in the balance.

Thanks,

Phil

8. Ouija

Ouija New Member

Stacking Silver may not be a religion per se, but to some, it may be incorporated into their religious practice.

The practice of being prepared to provide for your family and friends in times of famine or other emergency, should not be regarded as an evil quite the contrary: by providing for your needs in advance of an emergency, you will not be competing with others for the few resources which are available during a major catastrophe.

The Mormon religion comes to mind as its practitioners are encouraged to keep a supply of food and other provisions on hand. It is not considered "hoarding" as long as the market is functioning normally, and no one else is being deprived of the opportunity to acquire their own stockpile.

Self-sufficiency is not a sin except in the eyes of those who are too lazy or ignorant to realize its virtue.

Although I am not religious, I tend to place more faith in God's metal, than in Man's paper and digital fiat "currency" (which is just that - current), while the physical metal is forever.

9. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

"One guy, which I cannot name here, mentioned to me in person that he lost the equivalent of 400m overnight during the currency crisis in Zimbabwe. He woke up one morning and it was gone."

Sentences like this make me highly doubtful of the author. Two things: any Zimbabwean citizen owning such a sum in the first place is guaranteed to be an a...hole who deserves lining up against a wall to be shot, let alone lose his money; anyone possessing such a sum would surely not be so stupid as to be so utterly exposed to a single currency or an asset type that is soooo exposed to the fluctuations of a single currency.

10. Ouija

Ouija New Member

Anyone with that much cash on hand just isn't doing it right, as money should be working for you, and not sitting around.

On the other hand, the prospect of becoming a "Trillionaire" overnight does have a certain appeal.

Get your Zimbabwe currency now (just in case it comes back in style) :D :D :D

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=zimbabwe+100+trillion

11. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

OK. I'll play.
    I have been resisting, but I had a bit of spare time for pondering today, and the patronisation got me. :p

Hard-core stacking draws many parallels to religion because:

• Stackers subscribe to a notion or belief put to them convincingly by a prophet/expert/guru. Faith is believing what you want to believe, yet cannot prove.[/*]
    • The repetitive preachings of these gurus are considered gospel, even though, quite frequently, plenty of evidence flies in the face of their doctrine.[/*]
    • Although there are 1000's of other notions or beliefs to choose from, stackers are unwavering in their pledge or covenant, to the extent where they are often resistant, ignorant, or even oblivious to the possibility of any other idea or belief, or part thereof - most likely because they have publicly invested too much of their time, and themselves (cash) to lose face or change their mind. After all faith is to hope for things which are not seen, which are true.[/*]
    • Anyone who tries to explain their alternate point of view (belief), or subscribes to different ideas or ideologies is patronizingly (see bold above) classified as lost, in need of saving, destructive, corrupt or criminal (infidel) . or a zombie sheeple.[/*]
    • Most often, on the surface, the subscribed belief is reaffirmed to others and one's self in the name of the greater common good, noble saviour of others who know not better, a fight against evil (infidels), or a virtuous way of life. However, the underlying motive is nearly always more a selfish insurance policy to the riches of the pearly gates (to da moon, or financial gain) should it actually prevail.[/*]
    • Stacking, as with all forms of religious doctrine, is not viable without faith, and faith, by definition, relies on a belief that does not rest on logic or evidence. ...[/*]
    [​IMG]

12. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

As I see it gold and silver are assets like any other. Prices go up and as we've seen in the past few years prices fall. Each have advantages and disadvantages. I'm adding to all of my asset classes: stocks, bonds, real estate (currently through REITs although I've done a little land banking for fun) and of course metals. I favor conservative investments because I work too hard for my money to gamble on "the next big thing." I didn't do well with crypto-currencies so it has soured me for the more speculative investments. I'd rather pay opportunity cost than lose my shirt and have nothing. My bonds are government bonds, not too risky. My stocks are all dividend champions and kings. Metals I own and have locked away in case I need them. Now my ultimate goal is to develop a portfolio that can become a cornerstone of inter-generational wealth. I was left a nice little stack of silver coins by one of my great-grandmothers. This has inspired me to start stacking and investing and to better understand money. Now I need to grow the wealth and pass the torch as it were. No faith needed here, I have religion for that, just hard work and a little education.

13. MetalSilver

MetalSilver New Member

I often refer to precious metals as the "Money of God". Not to orient investors in my beliefs system (which is personal to everyone) but to expose the evidence of the intrinsic value of what have been given to us.

but for those who wants to have a belief perspective, I found this : http://www.power-of-money.org/fr/2015/06/30/l-argent-metal-1012.html

14. windmill2

windmill2 Member Silver Stacker

Any and everything physical will ultimately let us down.

God isn't silver nor is silver God.

Nor is religion or its followers God.

God is God and ultimately He is number uno, just look at that old Nebecadnezar, that Babylonian head of gold and his contribution to scripture. Talking about God,

Daniel 4: 35
    for his dominion is an everlasting dominion,
    and his kingdom endures from generation to generation;
    all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing;
    and he does according to his will in the host of heaven
    and among the inhabitants of the earth;
    and none can stay his hand
    or say to him, "What doest thou?"

jist of story from v 30 on and pass v37 if interested.

15. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

Thanks Phil. Much appreciated.

P.S. The trolls at YouTube did way back. :D

16. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

Yeah, make me out to be a liar, as if it will remove one iota from the truth.

17. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's good to put a portion of ones wealth into PMs in these troubled times. I'll keep stacking thanks.

18. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

God is the provider of physical things as well. Needless to say, He must be number 1 in our lives. This is why I've stated in that article: "This is not even to mention the role God (foremost), gals, guns and grub should play in our lives." ;)

19. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

Nah, it is just insurance based on what happened several times in the past.

20. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I continue to buy silver in the face of falling prices (at these levels) because I believe that one day in the future it will be worth more than now. And I like to play with it.

And I don't see that magic day coming when people will be buying physical silver again at $10 or $9, etc again.

PS Since people mentioned religion and such causing them to buy PMs or not, I'd like to post a quatrain from Nostradamus that is seemingly related. Whether you think he was a quack or not, he had several accurate predictions during his lifetime that got him fame, thus I think the guy was on to something- the techniques he used were similar to the practice of scrying. He is said to have burned the books he learned from (that came from an older relative) that taught him the techniques. Having said that, check out this quatrain:

Century 8 Q.28

The copies of gold and silver inflated
    which after the theft were thrown into the lake,
    at the discovery that all is exhausted and dissipated
    All scrips and bonds will be wiped out.

My note:
    Remember when this was written (1500s) and what gold and silver were back then, unlike now. What would be "copies" of gold and silver today- paper money, bonds, derivatives, etf shares, pension funds, IRAs, 401K's, etc? I am sure this quatrain could have been some event that has already happened (or will never happen), but it is kind of interesting.

Just my opinion.

Jim