2008 Perth Mint silver coin Lunar Mouse prices

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by mmissinglink, Dec 2, 2015.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

As we are getting closer to the end of the Lunar 2 series, and in spite of the fact that the spot price of silver is in the gutter (as compared to just a few years ago), I was curious to see what prices on the first coin of the Perth Mint Lunar 2 series are like.

I'm looking at eBay which often has the lowest open market prices (available for U.S. customers) for back issues of this series and it appears as if prices are holding for the 2008 silver Mouse...even the colored coins seem to be generally holding price. That's not to say that other Lunar animals of this series aren't performing even better...some are doing considerably better in terms of current sales prices.

Then you have pieces like this which seem to be well over priced.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Austra...625335?hash=item5b14a8b7b7:g:OAYAAOSwjVVVk~0D

This is not my coin nor do I know the seller...just came across the listing while looking at prices.

Where can we expect prices on the 2008 Mouse to go as the series ends in 2019? Though not the most popular animal in the series, it is the first of the series and the design is actually excellent in my opinion (comparatively to the other designs in this series). Sure, some of the other Lunar animals in this series are commanding routinely higher prices, but is the Mouse a sleeper coin of this series (not so hot now but will be when the series closes)?

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The coin in the ebay listing is a proof "70"

Edit

Sales on Ebay Australia - Sold for info

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Coins-/1...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Personally I think the lunar coins will hold up well but as you have noted miss, the 1oz mouse could be the sleeper coin. :)

Goldstackers were selling for $84.30
    http://www.goldstackers.com.au/store/silver/silver-coins/perth-mint-1oz-silver-lunar-mouse-2008.html

PerthBullion are currently selling them for about $71AUD plus postage.
    http://www.perthbullion.com/shop/detail/pmluna08sco1/

BullionMoney are currently selling them for about $67AUD plus postage.
    https://bullionmoney.com.au/1-oz-lunar-mouse-silver-coin-html.html

I have no idea of the quality and no affiliation.

3. ytrader

ytrader Member

I think the premium is still in the "bigger rats", e.g. 5oz, 10oz and 1kg. After all year of the mouse is the key piece for the Perth Mint Lunar collection, don't think the price will fluctuate all that much.

4. mmissinglink

I'm assuming you are referring to both the bullion and the proof versions.

While the 1 kilo Mouse proof version mintage was stopped and declared back in 2008 (a miniscule 137 pieces total), I'm wondering though about the 1 kilo bullion version of any year Lunar. These have "unlimited" mintage so theoretically the PM can produce 100,000 or more of any year.

Seems to me that if one is talking about high premiums on the kilo coins, the only safe bet is the proof versions.

But of course the 1 kilo proof versions in the early years of this series are already well out of reach for many people who love the Lunar series.

If I was a rich guy, I'd be looking to get one each of the kilo proof coins of this series.

5. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The 2008 1oz bullion version has been steadily increasing in price even as most of the lunars have been declining. My guess is that the mouse coin is recovering from the remint price hit. I started selling the mice at $35USD each and my last sale was 100 coins at $42 each.

6. ninteno

ninteno Member

So you think a roll will go easily for 1000AU$. The only thing i see in sales area are bumps with price reduction, price reduction and again price reduction.

For 2 BTC i will let one go

7. mmissinglink

Where and when were you selling the 1 oz Mouse for $35....I've never seen them priced that low since I've been buying them.

8. ninteno

ninteno Member

i did start a test with offering a roll

9. mmissinglink

I never have and I never will buy kryptonite currencies. :D

10. ninteno

ninteno Member

i don't like to feed us gangster paymant systems charging 3% currency conversion fees and additional fees on transfervolume.
    why not use btc, very easy and quick to transfer without any fee and even fast exchanged to any fiat currency if you do not like the volatility

11. mmissinglink

The currency conversion fee is a service fee, yes?

The U.S. gangsters are truly evil...I get that. I don't blame you for not wanting their form of money.

Bitcoin is far worse than the dollar in terms of it's value being created from nothing. There's plenty of articles and videos available which go into details about the problems and dangers of crypto-currencies...no need for me to reiterate here what can be easily found elsewhere.

If it works for you though, then go for it. I never will buy a single crypto.

12. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

ML, you must be developing a little sometimers. I only sell once or twice a year and rarely through public postings, but I have a 2-26-13 email from you turning down that $35/coin offer.

13. mmissinglink

The way I price bullion is, "What is my cost". It would make no sense to me to not include shipping since this is of course a cost. One could claim they are offering for sale 1 oz silver Lunar Mouses for $2.17 per coin but if a $50 shipping cost per coin is part of that offer, then it's not a $2 per coin offer.

The price you offered was $45/coin (shipping included), not $35. It is not I who has the memory problem my friend. :p I was able to get this same $45/per coin price on eBay (plus several other benefits of transacting on eBay) and so your offer, while a good one, was not a borrow-money-from-my-brother-immediately-because-this-offer-is-once-in-a-lifetime-deal offer.

Money was at least as tight then as it is now and so I unfortunately could not take you up on your $45 per coin offer . Would it have been a $35 cost to me at that time, then that might have been a time for me to go into debt (which I hate doing) to grab a whole bunch from you.

Anyway, that was then, this is now. My lowest cost for a 2008 Mouse is no less than it was then....in fact, probably a little more now. eBay still has the best deals for me on many or most of these earlier Lunar coins for the most part...from what I've been seeing over the past couple of years.

14. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

ML, could you mention $45 a few more times in your post? :)

You are correct. I had seen another message for someone else at a different time for $35 and had seen the last response from you that didn't include a price. My assumption bit me where most assumptions bite. The price must have gone up and down some because I have sold at prices ranging from $35 to $42/$45.

15. mmissinglink

$35 (including shipping) is the best price I've heard of here in the U.S. I'm assuming you got takers for that excellent price.

I'm convinced $35 USD is a price we will not see again for the Mouse. I'm seeing low prices like that for a few of the other Lunar animals.

Funny how at one time the colored 1 oz Mouse was not moving much at all now even prices for those have gone up.

16. ninteno

ninteno Member

Looks like you are finally infected from the propaganda of your gov. Sorry, feed the biggest and make them fat and still listen to people who blame crypto be be dangerous while they steal others brainwork to use it in their own favour and scam you again with feeeeesssss and the most important with the lost of the last little rest of your own freedom.

For sure you will use cryptos, 100%. Wait 10 years and GS and all the other Evil Corps will force you to use it and all your transactions are stored as long as there is electricity available on this planet.
    Its called Blockchain, it was designed by free people for free people and is the underlying tech of Bitcoin.
    Evil corps will sell it as their revolutionary evolution and people will belive them.

17. mmissinglink

Sorry buddy, you definitely don't make a convincing argument in my view.

We are all infected to some degree by some sort of propaganda. You are infected by the btc propaganda and whatever else you have bought into.

The government is made up largely of elected people. While that doesn't mean I necessarily trust everyone in government, there are certain people in government I do trust.

I don't trust some bizarre guy scratching his balls in his underwear who created a crypto scheme where a tiny group of suckers find other suckers to accept non-existent (not tangible) digits somewhere in cyberspace. Talk about a fiat sucker scheme, btc is the worst form of fiat 'currency' that exists.

There are many accounts online where we can read of how easily btc can be stolen by anyone including by a 10 year old girl in the middle of some unknown village.

You like the inherent risks of btc? That will never be my problem as I will never even bother wasting my time having interest in btc except to warn people I know of its inherent risks and dangers.

18. ms8172

ms8172 New Member

I have everyone of them if any rich guy on here wants to PM me?