First of Its Kind: Canadian 2 oz

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, Dec 27, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

^^^
    lol. Hey man, nothing wrong with getting the best bang for the buck. These things are pretty ridiculous. But I guess that's just because the flippers are price gouging. At $200.00 for the MC folks, it's somewhat priced fairly. At $450.00. Well, that's about the top of the market on those things. LOL. I think prices will fall. Patience pays. :))

2. Stevo

Stevo Member

Overprced and ugly! So this coin is not one I would have much interest in. It's probably a good coin to flip quickly for a quick buck while people are falling for the marketing hype though. However, in time the price will surely drop, so not a coin to hold for too long if bought for $450! (IMO of course.)

3. lostwords

lostwords New Member

This coin is more for Canadian Folks that collect Silver Dollar. Keep in mind, this coin was actually released with a small mintage that lots of RCM Master Club Members didn't even have a chance to order or know of the coin release. Which explain why the price is at high as it is now. It is a beautiful coin for those that collect Canadian Silver Dollar.

4. barsenault

No qualms from me on its beauty. I think it is a stunner! If I had the dough, I would absolutely buy this coin, even at 450.00 for several of reasons - of which I'll spare us in explaining. But suffice it to say, beauty is one of them!!

5. BullionBoy

BullionBoy New Member

The Royal Canadian Mint was selling it for $189.95 CAD as shown on their website. Sold Out.

6. barsenault

That is reasonably priced. 136.00 U.S. Looks like this one has appreciated far too rapidly. It will come down from the nose bleed heights, IMHO. Maybe 200 - 250 in time (??). Kudos to those who nabbed it for 135.00, hopefully you got 10 pieces. lol. Out of curiosity, did anyone in this community get any for the price of 136.00?

7. jcz1

jcz1 Member

It was a limit of 1 per MC member. certainly understandable with a mintage of 2200.

Dealers, who pay less than retail, are not MC members. Yet at least one dealer gets 15 or more.

The RCM definitely upset many MC members by doing this.

8. barsenault

Yeah, obviously Talisman is one of them. But then again, he does buy a lot of the RCM stuff. Stuff that probably just sits...for a long time.

9. lostwords

lostwords New Member

That I take issue with. the fact that they said this coin is for MC member only but yet they hold back 10% for the dealers. With the mintage of 2200, it doesn't even serve all Mc members. They should of stay true to the description that this is for MC members only.

10. barsenault

Holy Moly, I just went to my local coin shop where I live and they had one of these in the display case. I held it in my hand, and I have to say, WOW!!! Now I'm really jealous. This thing really is beautiful, in my personal opinion. I know it is now currently priced in the nose bleed heights. But when and if this price should come down even a little, I'm buying one, no question. I'm sure I'll get ridiculed by my business partner Andy and others, lol, but this pieces is amazing. The box is awesome. Now I have to hope and pray it comes down to around 300.00. When it does, I'm buying one. Maybe I'll go back and get a picture tomorrow and post it here. Does anyone here have one? What are your thoughts.

11. lostwords

lostwords New Member

How much is your local shop selling it for??

I have one and I liked it quite a bit and I am not even a Canadian Silver Dollar collector. I hope RCM not releasing another one till next year and hopefully not increasing the mintage to kill the series..

12. barsenault

He was selling it for the same price as Talisman 450.00. It was a piece to behold, and marvel over, but not spend. LOL. But trust me, I was trying to rationalize why I should. I'm not sure this one can be killed, even if they increase the mintage for the series. You know? It is the first in the history of Canadian mint to produce a 2 ounce silver dollar, and it is the first in the series. And man the thing is huge. They did a GREAT job at expanding the metal. I was truly impressed with it. The complete package was done super well. I'm not a big fan of the RCM, but I must say, this one is a home run, IMHO. I guess time will tell. I think you made a great decision especially if you got it at the release price...but even if you spent the 400.00, I'm not so sure that was a mistake either, but I guess time will tell. Most of the Canadian stuff (other than kilos of course) is high mintage, really high mintage. What are your thoughts about it? I'll probably cry if Talisman sells out and this thing goes to nose bleed heights of 600 or 700. Lol.