First of Its Kind: Canadian 2 oz

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, Dec 27, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I'm fresh, plumb out of money thanks to Xmas. However, maybe someone here can buy it. Looks like a fascinating concept, and no 'ugly' Queen on the reverse. Now that's a breath of fresh air. I guess Talisman has 10 left. Good luck. I wish money grew on trees. :lol: Oh well. Enjoy. Oh, and excuse the pump by Talisman. They do that with all their stuff. lol. Nevertheless, it does look unique, but who knows.

[​IMG]

2. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Are they canoeing on milk?

3. barsenault

I wouldn't know, I don't have one, but I wish I did. I think their collectibles hold up better than the Perth Collectibles, from what I'm told. I don't know, I don't have a single Canadian coin. lol

4. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

That's a lot of money for 2 oz of silver...2200 is a low mintage but not that low. You mean to tell me that all perths gimmicky stuff isn't gonna make me a fortune lol...

5. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The MC members already made some money selling this coin on the secondary market. Never understood the market for RCM coins here in Canada but they have quite a loyal following.

6. barsenault

Yeah, and the amount of collectibles they produce is dizzying. LOL. They have a ton. Although, I will say that I like the concept of this coin, simply because it doesn't have the queen. Too rich for my blood, but I like it...a lot. Just say'n. I can't say that about a lot the RCM coins. What is the MC anyway? I didn't understand what that club was. Lol.

7. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

They replaced a queen effigy with a king effigy...sort of not any meaningfully different. :(

8. barsenault

lol, yeah, not meaningful to me either, since I don't have one, but for those who do have it, I'm sure it is a bit of respite of always seeing the queens face. Man, they have to do something with her. The 90's replica is a lot nicer.

9. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

$450 bucks for a 2oz silver coin, get real. I'm sure the MC price is much better but stopped with RCM awhile ago - just way too many coin issues.

10. barsenault

What's wrong with 225.00 an ounce of silver? Lol. I'm not sure of the quality of the collectibles from RCM. I don't have any, but from what I've heard these don't have white spotting issues. My beef with these guys is they produce like 5000 products a year. It's crazy. I just stay away. The only reason I posted this one was simply because I was astounded to see someone other than that queens face on the reverse.

Yeah, I'm sure the MC price is better, but you have to pay 1,000 just to be in the club. Yeah, okay. Lol.

11. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

I've never heard of milk spotting issues with their proof coins, seems to just be a problem with the bullion coins. Not hard to get a 1000 at MC if you buy their hot releases and flip some of the extras but just stopped caring after awhile. What really hacked me off is how the dealers always got their coins well before the collectors did, RCM essentially mints to demand. For about 99% of the coins you could just purchase from the dealers at the same issue price and have them before RCM would send them to you. Seemed like a really dumb way of doing business,

12. SilverSiren

SilverSiren Active Member

I am a huge fan of the RCM designs for the coins they make and sell on mint.ca, never saw any issues with quality, including spots, but this year they turned me off with too many silly coin releases and some of the designs I thought could have been far better executed, and yes, their pricing is WAY out of whack, so it's only a matter of time before my platinum Masters Club membership lapses LOL

13. barsenault

Do folks actually buy a 2 oz coin with a mintage of 2,200 for nearly 500.00. Wowza. I can't imagine the MC folks pay any where near that amount. That really is a bit absurd. It doesn't appear that other issues are this much out of whack? Yes most are high, but not this high. I think it is funny that Talisman considers 2,200 low mintage. Funny thing is, it looks like some of these sold over 550.00 on eBay, yes? Crazy I tell you, crazy. Must be lots of rich folk in Canada.

14. SolidFOOSER

SolidFOOSER Member

Issue price $200 CAD

Selling on ebay now for $600 to 800. Now that's a good flip!!!!

15. barsenault

lol. Yeah, I'd say that is a great flip. Glad to see Talisman not getting greedy. :)) Looks like they want to unload quickly. Doesn't want to get stuck holding the bag on these.lol.

16. jcz1

jcz1 Member

Worse than that, after paying $1000 to get into the club, many in MC did not get a chance to buy this. Quote from the RCM email says "This coin is a new series that is exclusive to MastersClub members" yet the RCM held back 10% of the mintage for dealers!

Apparently "exclusive" means something different in Canadian English. :rolleyes:

17. barsenault

This is all fascinating stuff. Wow!! Thanks for the Intel. I'm glad I don't buy the RCM stuff. Obviously Talisman must be one of those dealers who received who knows how many pieces...at least 15 or more. That is sad!!! The MC members didn't get any, and they paid into it, but the dealers get 15 plus units. Yeah, that's kosher of the RCM. Geesh!

18. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Very nice coin! For 2 oz I offer $40, so please pm me once it reaches this price. Thanks! ;)

19. barsenault

I guess that's why you and your friends call you cheepo. Best you stick with generic blobs. LOL.

20. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

You are mistaken. Nobody calls me cheepo. Although my ex part-time girlfriend/former employee calls me Mr. Stingy.

:D