"If you don't hold it, you don't own it"

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Jim4silver, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The world's biggest gold smuggling ring in history has imploded seemingly overnight, vaporizing countless tons of physical gold and unknown amounts of client cash.

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

And if you hold it , it can be confiscated.

4. Stevo

Stevo Member

If you don't hold it, you can't stack it!

I've never been a fan of buying anything and letting somebody else keep it for me. Human nature being what it is sometimes means that the temptation for dishonesty is just too much.

5. Jim4silver

If you are referring to the 1933 "confiscation" here in the US, that won't happen again here. The Gov doesn't need gold anymore to print money, etc like they did in 1933. Also, nobody here in the US has any gold, except for jewelry. Back in 1933 nobody went to jail over keeping their gold. They didn't go through everyone's safe deposit box like some PM pundits claim. They allowed each person to legally keep $100 face in US gold coinage. Most didn't even have that much to their name in 1933.

But if there is a future US confiscation, they sure as hell will find it quicker at the storage facility than by going house to house, etc. If you are a US citizen and have stuff overseas, the US will force that institution to turn over your info, just like they did with the Swiss banks not too long ago.

Just my opinion.

Jim

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Excellent points, Jim.

It's a foolish thought in my view that any and everyone who holds silver should fear the government confiscating any silver they own. It makes no sense whatsoever from a practical, strategic, or fiscal point of view.

I'm not saying that it can't happen, but the likelihood that it would is about the same as the government going around confiscating everyone's lead pencils.

7. Stevo

Stevo Member

I am not a paranoid person seeing conspiracies everywhere, but I do like to keep my pencils safely stored away... just in case! ;)

8. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

I have a goal by quantity, even i double my goal or triple it, even i double my salary now or triple it, the gold and silver i can acquire will not fill to overflow my 3-T band wagon. Meaning, it is stackable, transportable, separable and easy to hide. I prefer to hold it safe and be accessible anytime. I do not see any confiscation that is feasible in my hometown.

9. CFP

CFP New Member

If they cannot find it, they cannot take it.

10. mmissinglink

If you can not find it yourself, do you still hold it? :)

11. Holdfast

Don't bury your treasure if you have been drinking rum. ;)

12. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

In the event of war this could happen just as it did with metals during ww11! Only the very wealthiest in London got to keep their iron railings at the front of their properties all others were cut off and confiscated to be used in the war effort,and they were never replaced.

If a war effort needed silver your silver would be confiscated but most as with the Iron railings in London would be gladly relinquish before confiscation.

13. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

During the invasion of japanese in our country, my grand parents hide their jewelries, silver and gold coins cemented in pig pens at our backyard, They were inserted inside coconut shells. My grand parents are among the veteran/guerrillas from the north and flew to the mountains till the liberation from the Americans. Finally after the war, my grand parents bought back some of their lands and continue their farming.

Late 70s, Inside the wooden chest of my granny located bundles of mickey mouse money of Japan which become useless after the war. In my recollection, I do burn those paper bills while playing them at night when i was vacationing our ancestral house.

So, repeating the two generations stories remind me of the subject "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"
    If they don't burry some of their money, probably all of them are in the ruins of battles at sea in the pacific or sank during the transport. Also, the paper money will never be the same after the war. The value and the use itself.

I don't like to look back because i could still see some memories of empty ammunition and shells around our farms, when we convert some part as grapevine yard in the late 80s.

So, no matter the risk, i am a believer of the subject.

14. Holdfast

15. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

16. Jim4silver

How will the gov "confiscate" one's PM's if they don't know about them? I guess for those who prefer PM storage services (allocated or unallocated) it would be easy for the gov to grab, but buried in one's yard, etc, not gonna happen.

Besides that, if there is a ww3 there will not be a need for items like in ww2. After a few ICBMs the world will be completely f'd. That's why we won't see a full scale nuclear war because it would ruin the planet and the ruling elites won't be able to enjoy themselves anymore. More likely to see slower, long term destruction of countries (through damaging their economies, cultures, etc) like we see everyday.

Much easier to get people to surrender than to over take them in this modern world.

Just my opinion.

Jim

17. mmissinglink

No major first world nation's gov't is going to take its people's physical silver...that's just utter nonsense. It would cost far more to do that (a massive net loss for the gov't) than it would be for the gov't to do without it.

You folks who believe in the fantasy of gov't taking your silver are seriously wasting your time worrying about something that will not happen.

Stop worrying and just keep on stacking.