How LOOONG

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Hellrider1, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

The money for nothing club is much similar to King Winter, only that it's not Mother Nature causing the troubles and the need to concentrate purchases & sales in time, but their Mother Lazy Butt. :D
    I remember from 2011 that I even saw them encouraging others to borrow fiat to buy silver. Then, like in a game of musical chairs, they all slammed their SELL buttons. Guess who the last standing was. Yep, that poor fiat borrower that bought silver. Some years later, price 40% of then, the opposite situation. Encouraging others to 'offload'. :lol:

2. Newstacker

Newstacker New Member

Approx 1 month and I'm loving it.

3. AUAG4200

AUAG4200 New Member

About 2 months. Bought in for the first time around $15 an oz. I feel really fortunate that I found this addiction later in life or I would have been dropping $30 an oz and I'd have a constant headache waiting to see if it would ever go up again. I'm definitely in this for the long haul though. My 7 yr old daughter loves to stack with me :)

4. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep. It is pretty obvious who the smart ones are.
    If you cant beat 'em, then maybe you should join 'em. ;)

5. cinvestors

cinvestors New Member

Over 40yrs and still excited. The search is a never ending high.

6. robertc400

robertc400 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Been stacking for roughly 5 years. Looking to have enough to sell some (about 10oz) each fortnight to supplement my pension.
    I am going to need a lot, so if anyone wants to help my cause please send me a few ounces :p
    If spot goes "to da moon" I will sell to buy property and the rental return will supplement my pension.
    Either way, all good. :)

7. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Been buying silver for 14 months. Small time stacker so can afford to keep what I have got and never sell,I quit a heavy smoking habit so my silver cost is only a fraction of what my smoking waste would have been.

I believe the way to stay interested if you can afford to is "variety" I started with the gloom & doom 1oz rounds then swapped to 1oz minted bars then to 1oz bullion coins then to 1oz proofs then to 10 oz bars and now small hand pours and I add to each as I go.

Silver was pretty cheap when I started and I never bother with spot price,in fact I basicly ignore it which is hard to do given its the first thing you see when visiting SS. When spot is low selling slows but so does buying because the fear of falling spot slows people buying even though many profess to snap it up,this is a great time to buy though as I can easily acquire the higher premium stuff with less competition.

The highest spot has been since I started I think was around $24? au but so far spot price has had almost zero influence on my silver purchases because as spot falls premiums go up and its costing me about the same per oz as 14 months ago.

I can imagine how frustrating and sole destroying it would be for some who buy kilo,s of the stuff at the smallest margin only to see spot keep going down and down but they should have bought higher premium stuff instead of chasing low spot and watch it very gradually rise.

$30 $40 $50 $60 silver spot is just a lottery ticket win some stackers keep talking about to justify their purchases.

Enter PM buying and enter a shark tank!big sharks medium size sharks small sharks and all hungry for your hard earned fiat to increase their fiat. :)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Been thinking about stacking since getting into Ron Paul and looking into the Financial System around 2010.

Only had the disposable income to justify starting it about a month ago. Not going to put too much into it just have it as a hobby and if the price surges or the stock market tanks (relative to silver) I will look to offload it. Don't think I will ever get rich out of it but I just enjoy trying to predict the future price of Metals, Oil, Stocks, Real Estate and want to have a little in each when I think they look affordable.

The only other scheme I have been looking into as a way to get rich is to work hard and invest savings into good assets over a 35 year period. After exhausting all other possibilities over the last 15 years I think that this is the best idea I have come up with yet.

9. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Which one? It's happened twice relatively recently. I've been in since 2011. Interesting ride. Don't believe all the bs, patience and calm despite the voices of a few silly 'to the moon' rubbish and 'silver will tank' folks.. Anything is possible. I read earlier- silver doesn't make you money. It's your choice when you decide to buy and sell it that does. People make mistakes, others make money.

10. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Things haven't panned out like I expected. However I have now saved enough $$, where I now hardly think about Silver and the losses. Whatever happens, happens. :/

11. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

You need a few Ron Paul rounds to get you started! not cheep but will never loose.

I have some and I am an Aussie :)