2016 Chinese Panda coins just came in!

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by MoralHazard, Dec 9, 2015.

1. MoralHazard

MoralHazard Member

Received today my allocation of 2016 30g silver pandas. Paid 5 over spot which according to me was a pretty good price.
    I have to say that the new 15 coin trays are a lot better than the previous years 30 coin trays. These stack very nicely into a safety deposit box. What should also be noted that the new trays are not plastic sealed anymore as it was in previous years. Now the coins are locked inside a plastic structure that can be opened. This is at least applies for coins that come from a monster box.

Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

very cool! nice!!

3. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Congratulations on your acquisition. Photos I have seen suggest that each tray is enclosed in a plastic bag but I may be mistaken. See attached eBay images:

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/15853_sealed_tray_2016_ag_panda.png][​IMG][/imgz]

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/15853_sealed_tray_2016_silver_panda.png][​IMG][/imgz]

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/15853_sealed_tray_2016_silver_panda_coins.png][​IMG][/imgz]

eBay ID#s:

4. MoralHazard

MoralHazard Member

Hello
    This is interesting. Yes this is something that I asked separately from my dealer. Asked him that has he removed any plastics from the sheets and he said that this is how the coins came in the monster box. I would be suprized if they lied to me about it.

The dealer from who I bought these is one of the distributor of coins from China Gold Coin Incorporation for European dealers. The coins came in last Friday and none of the European dealers yet do not have any stock of these. I think I might be one of the earlirst who has actually received the coins.

About your images. I think the images you sent are photoshopped. The coins do not look real but as glued to the pictures.

5. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Thanks for response. It is true that the image may have been photoshopped and that is one of the unfortunate realities of modern business practice that everyone seems to accept as normal nowadays. It may indeed be that coins are packaged in trays-only when distributed in monster boxes, as in your case, or may just be one of the different ways China Gold Corp Etc is packaging the 2016 coins. Only with time can we build a composite picture for 2016. Congratulations once more and keep updating us with data.

I seem to notice that the coin cannister has three shirt radial spokes on each side of the coin. If that is true that may be a device to prevent face rub. Please comment if you noticed the same packaging innovation.

Best wishes.

6. picturefun

picturefun Member

7. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Gotta tell you, I'm sorely disappointed in this year's Panda. I won't be buying anymore. I'll stick with the Perth Mint Kooks and the Lunar...much better quality, better image. I just don't like the way the Panda looks on the metal. It has a hunch back, and the image just doesn't jump out at you, like prior years. #terrible. Just say'n, and many know that I love all things Chinese medals and coins. So it took a lot for me to say this!!

8. asdfghjkl32

asdfghjkl32 Member

Nice, I'll be ordering some for sure.

9. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

I already bought some. They look great!

10. barsenault

As I said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yes? It's what makes the world turn, yes? I think they suck. lol. I have 2 sheets, but won't buy any more, I'll leave the rest for you. :))

11. barsenault

Okay, I take back my words. I just got another slab of 15 in the mail yesterday, and these Pandas are growing on me. I actually do like them. These along with the Perth Kook and Lunar are my go to bullion for 2016. I like the plastic trays they come in. Easy to vacuum seal and tuck away for future generations. So, asdf, you may want to stop buying now, and leave them all for Andy and me. :lol: :lol:

12. ninteno

ninteno Member

Take care with breathing.

[​IMG]

13. barsenault

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing, and kudos.

14. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

These are next on my list!

15. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Great job. Thanks for the positive inspiration. Always great to have around, people that stimulate you to do things that will ultimately benefit you. I am grateful for all the generous posts, made by selfless individuals, that have enriched my knowledge of coin collection. Wishing you more successful acquisitions in future.

16. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Just to confirm, the 15 coin trays are not enclosed in sealed plastic bags contrary to what the images I posted implied. They were obviously photoshopped.

BTW the large Coin Armour bags that were designed for archival storage of encapsulated comic magazines can accommodate four of the 15 coin trays. I am using them for long term storage of these coins and threw in some desiccant sachets into each bag. I got them from the Coin Armour web site. I am just trying to decrease the risk of white spotting. I have not had much experience with these bags but the literature suggests that they help.

17. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Coin armor waste of money. Vacuum seal each tray with a few desiccant packs, done.

18. barsenault

^^^
    Yup. I vacuum seal everything. And these fit nicely inside the 8 inch width roll. If one is overly paranoid, I guess you can fit a few of these inside the coin Armour bag for extra protection.

19. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

I think I need invest in a vacuum sealer... I like the new plastic tray idea. It looks like they stack well. But they probably take up more space...???

20. barsenault

Duplicate