Legends of Asgard: Max Relief the star of a beautiful new Odin coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Aug 22, 2015.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I'll search for it with my row boat and metal detector...be right back in 400 years! :)

2. Still Ballin

Still Ballin New Member

I got 2 coins.

I purchased one from Choice Mint which was posted on 24 Nov and delivered in Sydney on the 30 Nov..

I got other from First Coin Company which was posted on 23 Nov and its current location is "New York".....

They must have got robbed or forgot about the shipment lol

3. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I've never ordered out of country but I have had good experiences with First Coin Company so I wouldn't worry about it. Perhaps things are going slower because of the holidays.

4. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My delayed coin is from First Coin Company too, but it wouldn't be their fault. Recently a member here sent me something via USPS from the U.S. and it took 20 days. The tracking was never updated after it left the U.S., even after delivery.

5. Razz

Razz Member

The Odin mythe -hes got a winged helmed in all the story,s here he looks like a viking the 2 raven looks like 2 ducks i cant understand what is the fuzz about just seen the coin on the bay iam not impressed

6. mmissinglink

Didn't you know, 2016 is the Year of the Duck? Besides, ducks are all the rave now!! ;) :lol:

7. silverslam

silverslam New Member

anybody know when coin #2 in the series is supposed to be announced?

8. seXes

seXes Member

It may have recived a new trackingnumber/shippingID. Have seen that a lot when I order from abroad. Even if the first shipping company is present in my country.

9. Nils

Nils New Member

10. db23

db23 Member

Series is doing fine, I think FCC just increased his price too quickly. With a few weak handed flippers listing them on ebay for $199 and basically taking a loss on them, it'll just take a little bit for the value to appreciate more. IMO this is a good thing. When coins come out selling for top dollar right out the gate there is only one way for them to go...

I also think that once people see the Valkyrie coin we'll see even more interest build. The plaster for Valkyrie is still being worked on, but it is looking really nice so far. :D

11. Icarus

Icarus Member

Negative Nils from Norway Is Niave and eats Nightcrawlers. :lol::rolleyes:

My Odin looks awesome, it is my favorite coin. First MAX relief coin I've ever seen. To go from $180 release price to $350 was probably a mistake on FCC part. That doesn't mean the entire series is doomed. only 1 coin has been released Negative Nils from Norway remember or do you now see the future? If so, what will this weeks powerball numbers be because Christmas is around the corner. Ho Ho ho cakes, because ho's got to eat too. :cool:

12. mmissinglink

Agree with previous 2 members that FCC does seem to raised the price too quickly. Maybe at the time they had no inventory or orders were coming in like crazy. Maybe now they caught up with orders and have a little bit of inventory now.

I don't know...just speculating.

Whatever the reason, $350 from a release price of $180 is a pretty steep increase, especially at the same time silver prices have been dropping to the cellar.

13. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Can we see some preview images of Valkyrie? I can't wait to see next coin in series :D
    Alex.

14. Nils

Nils New Member

Excuse me, negative? I just asked a question. I have 2 of the coin and am very pleased. I just happend to be looking at FCC when i noticed that they droped the price with $100 and wondered why. I`ll keep my mouth shut from now on.

15. Sully

Sully Member

It's important to understand dealers are businessmen.
    They aren't prophets of coin performance, that is decided by the collectors and eventual owners - us.
    And i think you'll find an overwhelming approval from many members on here from all parts of the globe.
    The small "poll" on here can be pretty much a proportionate indicator that present and future collectors who haven't yet discovered it.... will like it a lot, too.

Some dealers are directly taking a hand in designing and crafting coins, which is a great development lately in our hobby.
    It ensures they will set a fair price for a fair period of time on a substantial number of the coin.
    They must do because they have a vested interest in the future of a series. It's a balancing act.

Dealers (in general) asking prices are often not an indication of what a coin is worth long-term, and shouldn't be taken as such.
    Whether it's an increase or a decrease.
    Some dealers keep an eye on what is trending at any given time (such as reading forums like this one).
    Some become a bit over-zealous. I could use other words but i don't want to be inflammatory.
    Such as last years lunar skull goat with a price tag of $750 during the short craze.
    Dealers (in general) are analysts of fashions, and respond to opportunity - and good luck to them all.... but us collectors do need to learn how they work, and the motives behind it.
    They are not benevolent. They set prices which we can take or leave, using our own barometer of what is acceptable.
    Remember, too, the next time we all log in and wet ourselves at an upcoming coin, and tell each other we just gotta gotta have it right nowwWW!!!...... (essentially we are giving them instant valuable info)
    ..... there are some dealers who will take a chance on increasing the price quite quickly and see what nibbles they get at those levels.
    Especially if they don't have a vested interest in the coin itself, or in the future performance of the series.
    And yes, i know i know.... the old supply-and-demand thing will get thrown out there.... but i believe this is too often used to explain away all manner of sins.

And Nils - you were right to ask the question to begin with. A $100 drop in asking price is a curiosity worth pointing out, anytime!
    The fact is, let's call it a price correction not a price drop;)

16. Icarus

Icarus Member

And Nils, you're opening with "series not doing well" when the series has just begun is what prompted my sarcasm. That's all it was, sarcasm on my part.
    Good post Sully. Dealers for most, are NOT in a large margin business depending where they are in the distribution chain thus finding that diamond in the rough is critical for them.

17. jcanuck

jcanuck Member

18. mmissinglink

19. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

It's not only the Odin that is 'hurting', but most of the collectible market. I think most are putting their dollars into cheap bullion, which is probably the smart thing to do, as spot is so low. I know that's what I'm doing. I'm actually regretting having bought so many of these coins. NOT because they're aren't beautiful, because they are, but the timing wasn't good, unfortunately. But who has a crystal ball? Not me, and certainly not you, yeah, you. I know I've dramatically curtailed my buying of collectibles, with the exception of a few series. I won't be buying the Valkarie, unfortunately. I'm primarily buying bullion whenever money frees up. I think that is the smart thing to do, IMHO.

20. db23

db23 Member

This is what people thought a couple years ago when Silver was $30-40/oz. Now their "investment" is worth less than half that. While some complain that collectible coins have either not gone up in value or have just stayed the same, I'd say that's a better store of value than losing 50% of your investment. Sure some coins have gone down a bit in value, but ALL bullion has gone down.

IMO - cheap bullion is one of the worst investments you can make.