Milk spots on my 100 gram silver pamp

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Rysilver, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Rysilver

Rysilver New Member

I recently purchased my first 100 gram silver pamp fortuna bar. Everything looked immaculate on the front and reverse but I noticed some milk spotting on the left side of the bar. It's sealed in its assay card. I'm just curious as to if anyone else has had this issue. I can't find any info on milk spots on pamp. I just want to know if the value is affected or how it affects the bars value. I'm only concerned because pamp requires such a high premium I just hope I don't lose my investment.

I've had some spots show up on some of my slabbed coins but not in a pamp.

Any info would be great. Thank you.

2. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep ... got it on 10gr, 1oz and 100gr pamp dragon

3. yrh0413

yrh0413 New Member

No offense but PAMP silver bars are one of the worst to buy if you are hording ounces.
    Very high premiums, unlimited "mintage"... have you checked how much your dealer offers to buy back from you?

Silver bullion grow spots no matter what shape they are in... rounds/bars/pyramids/spheres...

4. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

My one & only PAMP (10-oz Fortuna) has a couple small faint milk-spots on the faces. Whatever, wouldn't be a first for a modern minted bar.

However, the real action is on the sides, where it's got milk-*splotches*.. Larger areas of milk-spots.

And in the center of those splotches are somebody's fingerprints. :lol:

Assuming those of an employee who washes the blanks.

I could have exchanged it at the time, but in the end decided to keep it, as I sometimes enjoy oddball things.

I don't plan on selling it anytime soon, so no worries there. I'm sure many would frown upon it, and want to pay a lower price. I suppose the trick is to find somebody who also enjoys "ruined" oddball pieces.

Anyway, you're not alone in this.. Welcome to the world of modern Ag.

And if you're not happy with your bar, and you can exchange/return it, then do so.

5. Rysilver

Rysilver New Member

Thanks for the info and replies :))

I haven't checked how much buy back would be. I was just curious if I was the 1 percent or it was common. Glad I'm not the only one to have spots :)

I'll most likely keep the bar it's not ugly by any means just sort of annoys me looking at the side lol

6. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

This is not good news for pamp fans..

7. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

It's pretty disgusting, really.

Believe me, if it weren't for the large & clearly-defined fingerprints in those large milk-splotches, the bar would have been sent back immediately. The dealer is lucky they found a sucker, I mean an eccentric like me. :lol:

And mints don't seem like they really give a crap.. Hey, put out garbage, and buyers will still buy.

I know I'd be fired from my job if I screwed up like this, anyway. Must be a nice gig if you can get it.

2016 seems to be a turning point for me.. I don't see myself buying very much in the way of new minted coins & anything else that spots.

And the lack of decent designs is certainly helping me to solidify this move.

In a sense, I'm sort of firing these mints, myself.. No need for garbage in my collection, thanks.

Plenty of other PM interests & knowledge that will guide the wallet elsewhere.. ;)

8. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

I have been trying to buy one of those poured kilo bars for a long time (none to be had in the states). On a lighter note, I had a bar come on today and it was riddled with spots..

9. JoeFromNorthCarolina

JoeFromNorthCarolina New Member

If you want a nice gold bar, Buy the r c m 1 ounce gold bar. This baby is sealed to perfection. I never heard of anyone having a problem with those spotting or whatever. The price is good as well. .9999 stamped with serial number.