Buying Silver in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Guest, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello,

I am thinking of joining the stacking club.

I am thinking of buying Silver in Melbourne. Is W D Davis the best place to purchase?

Is is harder to sell coins or bars? I would have thought bars were harder to sell but maybe you get a better percentage on the trade.

Would not want my purchase to be tracked and would want to store it safely. Safe deposit box in the bank? Is that the best idea.

I am not investing heavily just want a hedge against any possible financial chaos.

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated.

2. silvermernda

silvermernda New Member

Best place in Melbourne is goldstackers.com its
    located in the city CBD and has a website as above.
    Also you can store your precious metals at their premises in protected vaults.
    Hope this helps.

3. Porcello

Porcello New Member

Greek friends say no.
    Much better private storage facilities.

4. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The other day when I went into GS there was a lollipop man out front of street/building with a sign saying "the goldman" or something. I thought to myself it was a bit of a waste paying someone money to stand there all day when no one in city bothers reading anything. :/

5. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Hard to say what the best place is. Been to quite a few. And depends what they have in stock, and what type of bullion you wish to buy. WD Davis is good, and also sells at markets. The Goldman and Goldstackers are in the same building. So if your not too keen to hoof it around the CBD, a one stop shop may appeal ( talk about competition ). And while your there "The Goldman " offers a complimentary drink supplied from their friends at Just Squeezed Fruit Juices. Soon there may be a free smorgasbord on offer while you visit also haha......

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the replies. Great info. Going to try to pick the bottom of this bear market.

Still think that there are tough times ahead and Silver seems really cheap at the moment compared to Gold. Could be a good chance to go all in soon....

7. Guest

Guest Guest

8. Playfair

Playfair New Member

Best place to buy silver in Melbourne right now is from ME! About to liquidate a mint-sealed monster box of Canadian Maples from my SMSF at $2/oz cheaper than any bullion dealer.

I'm falling foul of the 'collectible' rules for Super Funds, so need to either sell, or else trade for equivalent amount of quality silver bars.

Any interest out there?

9. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes:

How about you start your own sales thread ;)
    After you do a bit of reading

10. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

You can also consider abc bullion allocated silver. Safer than keeping at home and easier to off-load when you want to. Currently spread is about $50. You do have the option of taking delivery if you want to avoid some of the spread.

11. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If they think you're falling foul of the collectible rules then they are dead wrong.

There is a FAQ that is not binding, and contradicts the legislation.

Maples are NOT collectible. But if you want to swap them 1 for 1 with bars, I'll do it for free.

Ck.