Warning to All Goldbugs

Discussion in 'Gold' started by leon1998, Oct 12, 2015.

1. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Timeframe for smackdown please.

2. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Are you guys trying to short gold? :p At least it is NOT a good time to buy, my advice is not to buy any physical until Thanksgiving.

Let me roll the dice, for exactly when and how much will be the smackdown; stay tuned :lol:

3. No1joey

No1joey Member Silver Stacker

Leon you are still talking crap after 6 months. Excuse me if I don't listen to someone with zero trades. Do you even own any gold?

The only reason gold is 'down' is the FED propping up the US dollar. Gold is close to all time record highs everywhere else in the world.

For the first time in my life, I can honestly say I wish I lived in America. I'd be buying a **** load of gold right now.

:D this - www.usdebtclock.org/

4. No1joey

5. Porcello

Porcello New Member

Actually so far Leon got many calls right and anybody should give him that. The fact that he has zero trades is completely irrelevant.
    My only objection is that what he calls "smackdown" might be relevant in paper trading but it is completely irrelevant for long term physical holders. And he should not use technical analysis to recommend stackers' behavior.

6. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Banksters are trying to keep the downtrend intact by shorting hard at the resistance level. If they fail then the upside breakout will be a thing of pure beauty, but it will be a death knell for the system which the banksters can't afford to let happen. Especially not now that a Sept/Oct crash has been (narrowly) averted.

I personally think they will succeed again - this time. Fed may well raise rates just in time to shift focus away from gold and onto to the $US. But golds time will come soon. I'm currently targeting 1st quarter 2016.

7. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why is the failure of every bullshit conspiracy theory further evidence for yet another conspiracy theory? If "the banksters" are manipulating the price, it's not to keep a downtrend intact, it is to ensure predicatable price swings up and down so they can profit from the volatility. All you need is human greed, no grand conspiracy theory.

8. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One could argue to ensure predictable price swings up and down they need to keep the down trend intact, so prices stay within the downward channel.

9. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Who mentioned a grand conspiracy theory? The game at this stage is all about keeping a practically insolvent financial system afloat. I thought that much was common knowledge by now.

If you can't see that we nearly had a market crash from the wild volatility of late August then you must have had your eyes closed.....

10. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Central banks stack gold not cash ... so a low gold price means they can buy them cheap ...

11. No1joey

I come back after 6 months and this troll is regurgitating societe generale predictions :rolleyes:

Gold is up 10% in the last 12 weeks in 90% of the world.

12. leon1998

leon1998 Member

There's so much at stake right now, Banksters can't afford to lose. In fact, I believe gold price has been inflated compared to silver in the last few years; due to the purchasing from India and China. Also if you look at the Gold-to-Silver-Ratio chart, it is at historic high. Frankly speaking, I am afraid gold price might fall below US$1000 per oz in the coming months. :rolleyes:

13. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Who says gold has to be inflated?
    Can't silver just be low?
    Ratios are just that, a ratio. It doesn't imply that to two are intrinsically linked and that one must be "inflated" etc.

14. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Maybe I should use the word, overvalued. And I am talking about gold compared to crude oil and silver. The GCR (Gold/Crude Ratio) and GSR (Gold/Silver Ratio) are both at or about historic highs right now. From the long term point of view, investing in Silver or Crude Oil will have a better return than gold. ;)

Although, short term I see gold and silver both going down, due to the Commercials/Banksters' massive short position on gold/silver futures market.

15. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hope so coz I not been buying silver waiting for it to go down

16. Porcello

Porcello New Member

Just a matter of personal opinions. For this guy silver is currently overvalued while gold is undervalued.

https://monetary-metals.com/and-then-there-was-none-backwardation-18-oct-2015/

17. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Interesting article. I notice a difference between his GSR chart and the one I mentioned; the time span was 9 months vs 50 years. For the short-term, I agree that GSR could go even more extreme; we shall see how this week's FOMC extra meeting develops. :D

18. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Exactly, there is not a relationship fixed in stone. It is a meaningless relationship and basing purchasing and selling on what "should" happen to prices because of this relationship is dangerous because the reality is....there is no relationship.
    Gold and silver will not be currencies in our lifetime. What is left to compare the two? Relative abundance???? Then we should look at gold/sheep ratio or perhaps the gold/firetruck ratio.
    An all time high is only a comparison to past prices. It signifies nothing.

19. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Regardless of long-term picture, it is not a good time to buy physical now. In the Short-term, Commercials/Banksters have accumulated tons of short position again gold; definitely a red alert signal for a smackdown.

Whoever still don't give a crap on gold futures report, please keep buying; promotion and specials are everywhere now :p Dealers are very eager to get rid of their inventory at this price level.

20. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

I'm still waiting for $1200 before I sell some bullion. I've been buying graded fractionals pandas and lunars though at a discount. I think I'm done though for now.. Instead, I will hold off some for a little bit and try to sell off some bullion. I did sell some higher premium gov't silver though. I hope you're right leon, i have a marginal hedge against your call with the fractionals but over all I'm rebalancing the stack out of gov't bullion and in only low premium / high premium silver and higher premium gold.