2015 Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge 5 oz Silver coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by mmissinglink, Oct 21, 2015.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I just placed my order for this newest release in the America The Beautiful (ATB) series, the 2015-P Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge 5 oz Silver coin ( http://catalog.usmint.gov/bombay-ho...-ounce-silver-coin-SN4.html?cgid=silver-coins ).

Of all silver coins sold directly to the public, these 5 oz ATB silver coins have the lowest premiums by a notable sized margin.

I also noticed that the mintage for the 2015-P (vapor blasted matte finish) Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge 5 oz Silver coin is the lowest mintage of the 2015 issues released.

The bullion version (45,000 minted) of the Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge 5 oz Silver coin sold out rapidly in one day and the "P" version looks like it could sell out more quickly than the other 2015 vapor blasted coins in the series!

[​IMG]

2. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

The 2nd best ATB of 2015!

Of course, I already got mine much earlier this year -- it's called the Florida Everglades. ;)

Too bad they didn't change up Bombay a little more. Still a nice design.

3. shilly20

shilly20 Member

Im really annoyed with Perth Bullion have been collecting the series since early 2013 here in Australia and all of the sudden i called up last friday and they are not carrying this coin the Bombay Hook and the girl on the phone who didn't sound very knowledgeable on the series kept asking me to spell name of coin while she obviously tried to relay to Ben "do we stock this series" are we going to continue selling coins as part of the series. Answer was no sorry we are no longer getting coins from America the Beautiful series.:( Means ebay to continue series collection.

4. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

WHAAA!? ... ahhhh this series is the only thing i collect. i wouldnt even really buy from perth bullion if it weren't for this series. i would buy the latest coin and a couple 2oz lunars and maybe a little gold coin for almost a year. i only buy other things cos i might as well save on postage cos i want the ATB.
    and perth bullion having them was the only way i knew a new coin was going to be released. :(

5. Austro

Austro Member

I had a poor experience purchasing ATB off eBay from US, it came covered in milk spots and with the capsule wide open. I was so hoping that Perth Bullion would get these ones...

6. MasterID

MasterID Member

They told me their won't carry UK Lunar Sheep, but they are still selling them now.

7. scott

scott New Member

Rumor has it someone is buying up all the bullion versions of the ATB's, making them more difficult for dealers to get and driving up the premiums. Not saying rumors are usually worth repeating but it certainly would explain the current state of the ATB market.

8. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Pm letter writers are falsely claiming that there is a silver shortage and presto chango, people line up to pay high premiums. That extra buying exacerbated an already tight coin market and dealers are taking advantage of the situation. Assuming there is another significant drop in silver prices, a lot of this stuff will get dumped on the market by pm holders who will abandon precious metals. That period will mark the bottom of this multi year correction.

That rumor, that sounds exactly like a rumor. If the rumor was true, the new release would have been vacuumed up by this supposed mystery buyer.

9. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I don't know about other 2015 ATB BU's being bought up but a reputable source indicated that the Bombay Hook WR BU sold out in 1 day (45,000 5 oz coins).

I'm not sure that sort of volume (at that rate) of buying has been seen before with this series; if it has probably the Hawaii Volcanos or the Mount Rushmore.

10. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

With the shortage of the 1oz coins, it would make sense that dealers would order more ATB coins than usual. The coins may be sold out at the mint, but the dealers have plenty in stock. If someone is buying up all the coins, they seem to have forgotten every dealer I checked. The 1oz coin backlog should be cleared by the next ATB release and we shall see how quickly it sells.