Horrific milking already on the 2016 1 oz. Silver Kangaroos!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SpacePete, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Golden

Golden Member

I just put 200 of these coins into capsules, haven't noticed a single milk spot.

2. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

wait for it... wait for it... hahahaha. I love these comments. Tell us how many don't have spots in say 5 years.

3. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

Ya MS 70 with a chance of developing milk-spots. :/

When will people learn "not" to buy slabbed bullion... Ya milk spots sucks, but they are not going away so why pay high premiums for ms 70 bullion?

Personally if I "was" to buy slabbed bullion, I would buy ms 69s since you can buy them much cheaper and close to the normal bullion price it seems on alot of them now. Plus can you really tell the difference with the naked eye between a 69 and a 70 ? "NO"

I would rather have a pristine ms 69 then a milk spotted ms 70 with high premium. At least if the 69 does develope milk spots you wont be out much.

[​IMG]
    https://thesilverforum.com/topic/1456-milk-spot-on-a-2014-1oz-panda-pcgs-ms70/

This guy has learned the lesson, but RCM bullion is not the same as their premium coins but hey if the RCM doesn't want to fix their Bullion milk spotting problem then people are going to put a hate on them since some people don't know the difference.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLhCp9hVzdM[/youtube]

"Collectors Crying Over Milk-Spotted American Silver Eagles"

http://www.coinweek.com/

5. Golden

Golden Member

I don't care, I repack them and sell them on right away.
    This is cheap bullion coin, who cares about milk spots? As long as it's 999+ and 1oz, I'm happy.

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Who cares?

Just about all folk who stack coins. :|

7. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Clearly milk spots from the PM are not an issue confined to the Roos. I picked up some 5oz monkeys last week and had noticed 2 had white spots on the queens head. I am not sure if these were early milk spots or another issue but I suspect early milk spots. Perth Bullion were happy to swap them for others without spots ;) and I did not get a chance to take some pictures. Please watch out for these spots and scratches (1kg monkey near the Chinese lettering). Clearly not confined to low premium stuff and despite all the promises the lunars are not pox free.

8. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Spot on Holdfast. There are so many in the industry willing to sell milk spotted coins regardless. If they don't, someone else will. And as long as people keeping buying they will keep selling them. With the excessive premiums on such coins it may well take some time to break even when resold. For those children that read this forum and collect coins, all I can suggest is do your research. You have a whole life to enjoy the world of coin collecting. There are plenty of silver coins out there impervious to the milk spot blight. For those who think it's OK to continue to manufacture such products, they need to take a good hard look at themselves....

Cheers

9. Holdfast

I've been a longtime supporter of Perth's products but I will not buy their coins because they have a production issue which can easily be solved.

Perth are not addressing the issue of milk coins!

It's easy to fix the problem and...if no name brand rounds (Quality milk spot free) can be produced from other sellers I'm bluddy miffed why the new CEO ( Richard Hayes) and Chair (Donald Mackay-Coghill) can't get their shite together. :(
    http://www.perthmint.com.au/media-release-perth-mint-announces-new-chair-and-.aspx

Seriously...soon we are going to have another shite fight such as the Kook fiasco of yester-year except this time it's going to be all of Perth's products.

Perth! We want quality and we will pay a premium for quality bullion and encapsulated low mintage coins but you can stick your coins up your .......if you can't guarantee a quality product.

Bring us quality and stop trashing The Perth Mint name!

It's a production line problem! Either sack the folk who can't produce outcomes or leave it to the forum folk to fix the problem via politics.

Seriously!!! As management, you are supposed to provide the resources that provide outcomes that your staff and your customers expect!

If you can't organize your company to produce outcomes, "especially when you have been there for so long," (In the system) you seem to be unable to manage! If you can't manage something as simple as producing quality silver, perhaps it's time to step down :|

The ball is in the "NEW" CEO's court! "For now" :|

Staff at Perth / Group Directory
    http://www.perthmint.com.au/about_us_the_perth_mint_group_directory.aspx

Board Directors
    :rolleyes:
    http://www.perthmint.com.au/about_us_gold_corporation_board.aspx

Or write to:

Kelly O'Dwyer

Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasurer

https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2015L01216

CONTINUITY PERTH!

We don't want "maybe"

We want coins that we can stack!

We don't want to stack milky crap!

10. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

golden, you clearly haven't been reading, yes? who cares? you can't be serious. I'll chalk your comment up to a 'newbie.' Or you work for the perth mint. LMAO. holdfast is spot on, just about everyone who stacks/collects this low mintage bullion, high premium care...that goes for the lunar, koala and kooks.

And now that I see that the 5 oz monkey has spots, just confirmed that I will NOT BUY 1 single oz of any version of the monkey. PM just lost out on many thousands on me. hopefully more and more will vote with their wallet. I will see what the kooks do, and if the same as the monkey, I'll not buy any of those either. hopefully those are more frosted so we can see the spots. LMAO. ridiculous to even have to say that, isn't it? Perth Mint, are you really going to let your name get dragged thru the mud like the RCM and other mints that have zero regard for spots?

11. Golden

Golden Member

I registered here years before you, so perhaps you're the newbie since you can't even look this up.
    I'm from Europe, also clearly visible under my avatar. A bit of a drive to Perth every day, don't you think? Every different opinion is not a conspiracy against you.

And we're talking about high mintage Kangaroos. And I have yet to see a milk spot on lunar, koala or kookaburra and I buy them by the hundreds.

And yes, I don't care about milk spots on bullion. Lots of people don't. They even touch their silver with bare hands. Somehow they are still alive and well.

12. Holdfast

LMFAO

You are a newb for sure! :D

Seriously, what crap mate!

13. Northerncoins

I have to agree somewhat with you here, while some of us wont even touch our coins (bullion or other) Some people don't care, maybe most dont care. Case in point, I traded a tube of un opened silver maple leafs for some carpenter work from a buddy of mine, he was all excited to receive his unopened tube of silver maples, I watched in horror as he popped the top off and dumped a bunch of them out into his dirty hands, he was happier then a pig in shiet . He doesn't care if they have milk spots or ....well dirt spots now lol.... so Golden is correct that there are people that just don't care about these sort of things. maybe a lot more then we think. :/

I will add, Think back before you became a hard core coin collector... You handled coins/change and didn't think twice about getting dirt/oil from your hands on them, most people are the same as you and I were "before" we went hardcore into coin collecting..

14. Holdfast

The Carpenter is a Duhhh and the person who watched in horror knows why he is a dooch!

Seriously!

Some of you don't care about milk but you are getting a rep and I sure won't be buying from you as will others.

15. Northerncoins

Think back before you became a coin collector.... you are saying that you were a "dooch" back then?

16. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

^^^^^LMAO
    [​IMG]

If you want treat the coins as Bullion with little cares, all you get is spot price with - 10 or lesser
    A) A person doesn't know what he is doing? A total Rookie
    B) When they realize there is a premium for them, they will look after them very well. ;)

17. Holdfast

No...accepting and saying Milkies are ok.

What you could suggest is that you desire quality!

I think folk who pay a premium for a coin / any coin should have a what they pay for. (Milk spot free)

Edit

Folk just want quality coins! We expect toning, imperfections during the strike etc but the general market is against material defects such as milk spots.

18. Northerncoins

Exactly, and thats all my carpenter buddy cares about, and he is as you say a rookie , which is 95% of the population or higher..

He is definitely not a "dooche" :rolleyes:

19. Holdfast

Shame "Mint's" and "Folk" don't care for a common standard for the old terminology like..."MINT" (MINT-STANDARD)

The Perth Mint???

Toss a fing coin! :( Seriously! Plenty of folk are not buying because they are waiting to see if a production line of coins are going to be good or bad.

There's plenty of cashed up guys who want to buy coins but they are saying f Perth coins; we'll buy bars.

Perth are screwing their name due to milk spots on bullion and proof coins and fwiw...the Perth dealers get screwed due to slack management at The Perth Mint! :(

How fing easy is it to fix production quality!

FFS I'd sack Perth's CEO and those idiots who can't give their staff the funding to produce the quality product we expect.

Have no fear...this is a management problem which is... and has.... been a problem in Perth for years and years.

Dead wood we call it. (Some of the staff are so old wood that in a real / competitive market they would have been sacked years ago!)

How the F can a CEO produce a shite product and degrade a world known trade name and get away with-it??? :|

Seriously! We are sick of guessing!

Give us quality and a 100% guarantee of good metal!

No more excuses...fix things...that's what you get paid to do Mr CEO!!!

20. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I'm a bit astounded and shocked at some of the comments coming from this thread. They're equating koalas, kooks and lunars with the maples, ealges, elephants. Perhaps that is the goal of the Perth? Maybe it's worked on the feeble minds of the masses? Wow. I'm stunned. I don't care how long one has been on this board or a member. for some of the comments to be made about handling, touching, and not giving a rats arse about white spots on these high premium coins, is simply astounding. I'm glad I never buy from private sellers. Only direct and with a guarantee of returns, and ONLY in PM wrap. These 'crazies' are giving the premium of the PM a bad name. Wowza. I think you need to put northern coins, golden, and others a list of folks of who not to buy from. Unless of course you don't care about a pristine coin no longer being pristine. To lump the PM premium coins with the other sh*t that govts are producing is just plain stupid...or it's the intent of the PM to accomplish this goal...why not, right? Charge a 30/40% premium, and have people not worry about quality (i.e. white snow). #bravoperthmint!!