Legends of Asgard: Max Relief the star of a beautiful new Odin coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Aug 22, 2015.

1. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

Just hope they use a stiff enough metal plate, and some STRONG glue...nothing looks worse than a warping/peeling stuck on insert.

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

at least we know db does read this thread. so he's taking notes. lol.

3. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Yep.. Definitely appreciate the update. That was all that was necessary to keep us addicts, i mean stackers, at bay for a couple more days....

4. barsenault

yeah man, I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised with this revolutionary concept happening in the world of COINS. To my knowledge, it is the first of it's kind in the world of coins. Of course, the chinese have been doing this for a while now. And they still do it better than anyone else in the world, IMHO. They have a head start on all others. However, they are medals. Still marvelous in my eyes. I love the fact that with medals you have the license to do whatever you want on both sides of the Metal. Whereas with a coin, you are restricted a bit. HOWEVER, it is a COIN, and the perceived value of a coin, legal tender, I think will be greater. Maybe I'm crazy. We'll find out soon enough. But not only do you have amazing art on BOTH sides of this Odin, but you have legal tender. I think this is a phenomenal idea. Kudos to db23 for thinking of this.

5. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

Thanks for the update...appreciated...now that that is settled...where are mine??? ahaha

6. barsenault

Any updates choice mint? Mid Oct? end of Oct? Nov? Dec? Jan 2016? We'd appreciate any update...like a half way decent approx. date. :cool: Us fanatics of Chinese high relief medals (I'm sure others too) are eager to do a comparison check. Let's get a move on it. Start shipping those suckers. :D :lol:

7. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

He mentioned they would communicate once there was a firm date. There still must not be a firm date.

8. barsenault

yikes. maybe 2016? :)

9. barsenault

look forward to seeing these bad boys...hopefully by end of month. :D :D :lol:

10. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Looks like they are delayed a few weeks. E-mail to be sent directly to buyers today! :D

11. seXes

seXes Member

My supplier changed it from 7oct to 30oct :(

12. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good things tend to be taking more time than others. We must wait for it. I have bought 2 pieces.

Manufacturing in China has just starting work yesterday so delay is common.

Psnda goat medal has delayed for 5 months due to the technical issue plus heavy schedule at the mints.

13. Wafdawg

Wafdawg Member

I thought we were waiting on boxes here. I'm a little pissed I pre-ordered 3 and it's delayed over a month due to boxes. These are the types of things that kill series before they are even launched. You can't even deliver on your first release. I've seen this play out before. Buyer beware.

14. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

Just relax everyone. Choice is a first class outfit. I would much rather they take the time to do everything right than rush to get something done at the expense of quality. This is almost always the way preorders work. This coin being the first makes it all the more challenging I am sure. On subsequent issues they will already have best practices, policies, techniques, suppliers, and more established. I can tell you first hand from my business experience that there are always challenges. Some foreseen and some not. The ones that are foreseen can be dealt with effectively because you knew what they were going into the project. The unforeseen however is much more difficult to plan for and judge because the depth and breadth of the issues are unknown. Expecting an organization to accurately estimate the time required to solve issues of unknown scope in just unrealistic. A few weeks or even a month are not big deal. I am confident a little patience will be well worth the reward. Moving forward, I would recommend if you don't have the mindset to patiently wait with regards to pre-orders then just don't order that way and wait until the coins are in hand for immediate shipment.

15. badhop55

badhop55 New Member

No hurry for me. I agree with mtforpar.

I purchased another 1st issue via pre-order from a well known mint a while back. When received the presentation aspects had not been well thought out as the coin was out of it's intended pocket and was sliding around causing wear marks on both sides. I ended up sending it back for a replacement which was properly secured. The remaining issues in the series were also fine.

Taking some extra time to insure a quality product is fine with me.

16. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Just curious, how do you know ChoiceMint is a first class outfit and haven't sold any products? ChoiceBullion could be, but as a mint? I am ok with delays, just wish the communication was better. Imagine you buy something on Ebay and you don't get tracking info by the stated time and no response from the seller.

I understand though, I checked the box like everyone else saying it was a presale. I just think if they were first class, they would've done 1 or 2 more updates that communicated the delays earlier. On the page, "will ship late sept...", email from choice Oct 7 about delay. People are generally forgiving when expectations are set properly and updated in a timely manner. Basic customer service, keep the customer informed. Take the opportunity for another teaser, turn it into another hype tool, but don't let people begin to question their purchase. An update takes 15 minutes to 30 minutes to write but people wait weeks or months.

Hopefully, my comments are considered constructive as I do like the design and if the box is awesome, cool. In the end, I hope it makes some money. The problem, is if people get disappointed, there is a loss of perceived value to the brand unfortunately.

btw, if anyone would like to sell me their pre-order for $179.95 + shipping, I will take that off your hands. ;)

17. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

As long as businesses stop the practice of intentionally jacking up the price during that interim, which is a well-known industry trick of intentionally "training" their potential customers to fork over their cash ahead of time, then I'd be all for that.. :)

18. db23

db23 Member

I think MTForpar is basing his reference to us on our well established reputations on various forums. Choice Bullion and Choice Mint are two completely separate legal entities, but are run by the same people. Myself an my partner bring our same high standards to the new company, which is why we won't produce coins just for the sake of producing coins to generate revenue.

We have been active on this and some other forums for years, a lot of people have had a lot of interactions with us and know what to expect from us.

I believe when people see these coins in hand, any previous disappointment will be history.

19. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Barsenault, where are these???

20. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Barsenault, need an update!!