Half empty and half full

Discussion in 'Silver' started by ninezerometals, Oct 1, 2015.

1. ninezerometals

ninezerometals New Member

I want to share with you a little life story and how attitude can change everything.

I buy and sell silver more as a hobby, generate a little extra cash to buy more silver for me and my family. With the recent surge in silver, a few lines that I was selling dried up almost overnight, which put me in an awkward spot. What do I do now? Do I sit back and take a break? do i start buying my product lines and start charging more than I would usually? It was quite hard and shoved me into a frustrated angry mood.

Since I started my hobby I made a lot of contacts and a lot of like minded friends of which almost all of them were hit my the elevated demand in silver like myself, positively affected at first until their inventory dried up. I know one of my good friends dropped out of the industry soon after which I didn't want to happen to me. Then one day I received a telephone call from a stranger who wanted to be an investor in my company. He gave me some advice to knuckle down, expand my suppliers, do my homework and don't give up. This wont be the last time a surge will happen and we have to be prepared to get ourselves out of it.

On his advice I trawled through endless google searches for suppliers, some more expensive, some were not feasible due to import and shipping fees, but then I came across a guy helped my out of my hole, got me connected with a few powerful individuals in the industry and a few extra distribution streams.

Before I ran out of stock, I relied upon mainly 1 company (no names mentioned) here in Quebec, they had good prices which were comparable to other distributors, but no longer as good as the prices that I now have at my fingertips. Even though $26 for a 1 oz 2015 silver Maple Leaf coin is not that amazing a price, but this is the price I am now selling them for, which beats a lot of the bigger boys in the industry especially here in Canada.

The lesson is, I could have looked at the situation and pictured a glass half empty, handed in the towel and got on with my life. i didnt, I stuck with it and found a solution. No matter what life throws at you, dont give in, it happens for a reason and if you fight, you will win and come out stronger.

I now sell more for less. Im happy, my customers are happier. Life is good once again

2. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

If you are selling at $26 and that is with "lower margins" then you were either getting ripped off before or still are now.
    Loads of places in Canada where you can buy maples for $4 less and the do not have to be special contacts, that's just what they sell for.
    Clearly the people paying $26 from you need to do some homework so they can get GOOD DEALS.

3. hankS

hankS New Member

Sharing is caring: Care to name some of these places where we can buy maples for $22...

4. ninezerometals

ninezerometals New Member

I sell $26 + $3 shipping. Kitco right now are selling for $26.76 + $39.99 shipping, silver.com @ 25.23 + $6.99 shipping in usa only, BGASC $25.01 + $6.99 shipping, jmbullion $26.48 free shipping usa only.

Instead of insulting my customers intelligence and stating I am not giving them a decent deal, please provide information on where exactly in Canada you can buy 2015 maples for $4 less.