Horrific milking already on the 2016 1 oz. Silver Kangaroos!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SpacePete, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Are they design to put off the Silver market ??? Did someone spray something on them??
    or are the materials they have are inferior????
    Did they decided to get rid of inferior materials to make into cheaper coins? Well they are not cheap
    Too soon too early
    I am disappointed..... :(

2. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Would anyone like a jewellery cloth to wipe away the tears ?

3. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Same here. I sold a lot of semi numi silver this year at nice prices and had cashed up. Since I was born in a year of the monkey, I had planned on buying a lot of those lunars. But with a crappy design and milk spots, I plan on passing. Other than some lunars purchased for a quick flip, the only coins I have bought this year are the first two-coin star trek set and the odin legend of the aesir.

At whatever point I start buying silver again, I plan on switching back to ASEs. PM it was nice while it lasted.

5. m0xty

m0xty Member

Wkwkwkwkwwkkwk...

I think It doesn't affect lunar series, isn't it?

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I will wait until they have been released for a while before buying any Lunars.

7. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Anybody interested in a 1/2-kilo S2 Tiger with UNC DETAILS..? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agJXV2GSncQ

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agJXV2GSncQ[/youtube]

8. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]
    Source:

9. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I almost picked up a tube last week at a local store. Glad I waited. I wonder how much profit the mint earns on each one sold?

Jim

10. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Bottom line: why pay higher premiums for a crap product? It makes much more sense to me to pay little premiums for generic bars (blobs).

If I am going to pay higher premiums for silver, I will instead buy silver products which are far less likely to be blemished straight from the mint.

Besides, the design on these roos is not good at all in my opinion...so the PM failed in that respect too.

11. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

^^^
    Amen to that missing. I agree on all points. Those thing suck big bags of poop all the way around. Why waste money on a 2.49 premium. Because that's all people are doing with these...is wasting money, trust me, I know, I've bought into this type of coin, and the premium is lost when riddled with spots. You'll be lucky to get .10 over spot if you truly disclose the big turd these really are in your sale/pictures.

Wonder if that new CEO is intentionally trying to drive the quality that the Perth is known for into the ground?? Geesh. I guess we will soon find out with the release of the bullion: Koala, Lunar and Kook...prove us wrong PM team. Thanks.

P.S. I get that these roos are bullion...pure bullion.

12. MasterID

MasterID Member

Should have more of these posts or something like almost bought a few monster boxes.

13. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

so is this problem hitting the newer lunars like the last couple years ?

maybe its all the crap they are putting in water now?

no wonder I filter mine my sink was blocked so went to work under there and what came out scared the crap outta me a big calcium monster , have a pic somewhere and that's what has to causing this milk thing minerals in the water, surely they can afford water flittering at the PM ?

14. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

Any premium is a complete and total waste of money on a milk spotted coin. These are a bit different than lunars and Kooks where they seem to develop spots on "some" of the coins. I can be worth the risk as the premium rises over time to very high levels with those. You just lose on the ones with spots...It still sucks, but it is a calculated gamble. This is nothing more than a generic round with spots to me and I don't pay these types of premium for generic stuff with zero price appreciation potential.

BTW this is a plague right now. Libertads, Pandas, Brits, Kooks and Lunars........spots everywhere!!!!!!

15. barsenault

Agreed. It is the plague. I will take the gamble on the kooks, because I think most of the coin should be frosted. But that's about all I'm doing. If I get extra cash, maybe some Kilo Monkey if the spot price is 1.79 or lower per ounce. But won't touch anything else...no way, not with a high premium (2015 Eagles and Pandas are at like 21 - 23)...that's nuts...highway robbery. Not with a 10 foot pole will I touch those.

16. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I can't imagine at this time a reason why the CEO of the PM would be interested in doing something like that.

It's clear that this product is intended for a certain group of people and the PM isn't interested in resolving their milk spotting problem on bullion coins like this. Their target audience doesn't care about milk spots....but then again, their target audience may not be all that smart - after all there's plenty of less costly new silver out there that they could be buying instead of this crap....and with the money saved on buying other new silver, those folks could be adding additional ounces to their stack at no additional cost.

17. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I don't know anyone, stacker or collector, that "doesn't care" about milk spots, especially when they buy the coins without spots, and later see the coins developed spots and now look like crap (aesthetically speaking). Even when I buy cheap gov bullion due to milkspots, I still "care", I am just willing to buy the coins knowing when I sell I will get melt and not a penny more due to the spots. But when I buy them, I pay $1 to $2 over melt ($2 for spotted Maple wildlife coins and such- Have several spotted Wolf and Cougar coins I got for that price but nobody will pay extra for them because they are spotted).

Most average folks who buy rolls of any gov bullion and later on see the coins milk spotted will care. Perhaps what you mean to say is cheap-a$$e$ who buy bullion don't deserve to complain? I don't agree that the price multiple relative to spot paid by the buyer should matter with respect to whether the coin gets milk spots later on or not.

Most average buyers (at least here in the US) consider their BU gov coins like Phils, Maples, ASE's, etc, to be a premium product when compared to generic bullion or junk silver. Whether or not said average buyers are correct in their view, that is how they feel.

Just my opinion.

Jim

18. amar0821ag

amar0821ag New Member

Well I just jumped or should say hopped in & ordered 4 of the Roo's...Will let you know about any spotting.
    Beautiful coin & big... 40.6mm that's the size of the 2 oz. Libretad.

19. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

If collectible sales are a significant portion of the PM's profits, that market will be jeopardized by their reputation as a producer of milk spot coins.

Look at the proof lunar Monkey coins. The 1oz silver horse proofs sold out in minutes at the PM. I just checked the PM and there are 150 1oz silver Monkey proofs available, plus all the ones available at the dealers. Maybe the design is the reason for slower sales, maybe people don't want to pay 4x spot for a coin or maybe the milk spotting is starting to have an effect on PM sales. Some of us experienced the effect of milk spotting on the CWL coins and to quote the Who "We won't get fooled again."

I hope the PM gets things turned around, but I am not buying in until they fix the problem or the premiums drop to a level, that offsets the risk of milk spotting. Right now, even a $6USD premium is way too high for the risk.

20. barsenault

yes sir. couldn't agree more. my confidence has been shat on since this debacle.