Legends of Asgard: Max Relief the star of a beautiful new Odin coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Aug 22, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

hehehe. I'm just eager to see the finished product. I want to see that 'max' relief up close and personal. Can't wait. I really hope I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm looking forward to posting pics and video. So, db, hurry up, would ya. LOL.

2. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Impulsive? A month to ask about an update on the delivery date isn't THAT impulsive. Just curious... :rolleyes:

3. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

The delivery won't be until early to mid October is my understanding. At least that is where I have my expectations set. Anyway, this was always a ball park date in my mind. That is the way this pre-order stuff always goes. The people who order early can feel good in the fact that they get a better price for their patience. If one waits until these are in-stock for delivery you get the coin in a timely fashion but pay a price for the immediate gratification.

4. barsenault

mtforpar, any idea how these are selling?

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

:rolleyes:

Maybe you didn't read what was an important part of the original pre-sale offer but it stated that the coins would ship late September. It's quite legitimate to assume that late September could be September 30th. So clearly it's impulsive to be concerned that there's no indication yet that the coins have shipped. We still have a quarter month left to go in September as of today.

Besides, as mtforpar denotes, "late September" clearly is a ball park target. If the mint knew a concrete shipping date and knew they could ship all pre-orders on that date, don't you think they would have stated it?

If we were well into October, then I could understand getting a little antsy and impulsive....but we are only today just 3/4 the way through September.

That's why "relax" is actually quite appropriate.

So, relax a bit....or as we say in our neighborhood, "chill, yo".

:D

6. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

I understand it could mean up to sept 30th and I did read the presale terms. The thing is, technically we're in late september. My question was based on curiosity. My original post was just asking for communication, not specifically a date. A simple confirmation response like, "we're on target for the end of Sept." would've been satisfactory. I'm relaxed, just checking out the comms/availability of the issuer of a new mint on here. I'm not throwing up negatives or anything. I think it's presumptuous to say a legit question is anxious and impulsive. I get your point, though, I hope you can understand mine. I'm assuming others are curious as well.

I think I'll go have a beer now.

As they say in my neighborhood, "Don't taze me bro!". :p

[​IMG]
    Source:

Cheers.

7. mmissinglink

^ That picture is a hoot....your sentiment expressed well there. :)

8. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

Every indication I have is that they are a smashing success.

9. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

Selling on ebay at $239 for pre-sale...and some have sold. Right now the descriptions are "offering same serial number through the series at no extra charge". That seems to be the competitive sales angle for the moment.

Choice started at $180, then $190, then $200 and now at $205. My guess is as they sell them down they'll continue to raise the price. Good news if you bought early.

Honestly, with an item like this, new concept and unusual relief, my thought was September was if everything went perfectly, or outside chance. I was thinking more like they'd ship in early to mid October with minor hiccups, and later if some real issues arose. So...I guess we'll see how many issues arise by our delivery dates...

10. barsenault

Thanks PeacePeople. I think someone from Choice needs to chime in and set the record straight. If the date has change then say so, and learn from the mistake. Better to not state something, if not certain of the outcome. It sets up people feeling disappointed. The lesson I've learned is, strive to never over promise and under deliver. It's always better to under promise and over deliver. db, what is the latest? Give us an update please. Thanks.

11. Wafdawg

Wafdawg Member

Did anyone hear back concerning delivery time yet? I'm looking forward to mine as well and I bought from power coin Italy so mine will probably be even more delayed.

12. mmissinglink

If there are delays, which there are none possible until after Sept 30 earliest, we will be notified here...you can bank on it.

13. picturefun

picturefun Member

Lately, more than several mints from different countries are delaying their shipment. I hope this is not due to the shortage of physical silver:eek:

14. barsenault

I'm sure we'll get an answer soon. Regardless, I'm patient. I can't wait to see these bad boys in hand. I'm totally stoked. The great part about these is, a) they are entering the 'max' relief, AND b) it is a coin, which is unique for the max high relief segment of this space. I have to imagine they will continue to hone in on the future issues in this series. 12 is a bunch, and I will more than likely collect a full set, but cherry pick those that I really like, for extras to have in the treasure box. Odin is a no brainer for 'extras,' since it is the first in the series...and if they increase the mintage, which I hope they won't, then the first will be even better. #eager.

15. db23

db23 Member

We wanted to wait until all of our dealers were updated before posting this, but yes, there will be a slight delay with delivery. The factory making our custom wood boxes had a little trouble getting an inlaid metal plate perfectly flush and centered. They have now resolved the issue and we expect them to have box construction completed very soon and then readied to ship to us. We will post an update here again when we have a more firm date.

Barsenault The mintage for the series is set 1,500 per coin, the chances of this ever changing are ZERO. The chances of a different finish being offered to try and squeeze out more coins, ZERO. Choice Mint was created by two coin collectors that originally met on a forum just like this one, we share your disdain for practices designed to squeeze more money out of a design or series just because it has become popular.

16. barsenault

Thanks for the update db23. Sounds like even the box is going to be stellar. Look forward to seeing a picture of the finished product. I'm sure most of us can wait (minus silverpeter :D ) for you to hone in on making the product excellent. By the sounds of it, it appears you are not skimping on any detail. Hopefully you'll call the industry to higher standard.

That is great about keeping the mintage at 1500.00. But do keep in mind, even with some of the additional types of metals being introduced to some series, that the over all mintage is well under 500. :)) So, I agree with you keeping your mintage to 1500, and not branching out. Now, if you only minted 200 of this Antique, and then added let's say 200 of the proof, then I think it would be just fine. IMHO. Just sharing some hypotheticals is all.

But kudos to you for pushing the envelop on a unique offering. Bravo.

17. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

What, no ruthenium-plated 5-oz spherical orb with Swarovski crystal eyes, gilded accents & a flaming privy, featuring an agate inlay & nano-chip technology??

Pfft.. I'm definitely out, then. ;)

18. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

" custom wood boxes ... inlaid metal plate "

Sounds good

19. mmissinglink

It will be interesting to see what is meant by that...could it be an etched design on a metal plate that is adhered to the lid of the box? If done well, that could be really cool.

20. barsenault

sounds both cool and good. can't arrive soon enough. lol.