Currency wars or collaboration?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Charles Thorn, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Charles Thorn

Charles Thorn New Member

Currency wars or collaboration? I read "Currency Wars" by James Rickards a while ago. At that time I was convinced that there were currency wars going on because of all of the money printing around the world. Now I'm starting to think more and more that the countries and central banks of the world are collaborating and taking turns printing money in order to increase inflation and tax collections. Anybody else?

2. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

100% Collaboration.

3. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

100% Wrong.
    You give central banks wayyyy too much credit.
    There is no new world order, no grand plan, no collusion.
    It is reactionary policy with very little thought for tomorrow. Each central bank is focused on their own economy.
    The central banks do not 'control' the economy and cannot manipulate the economy in a way which is contrary to what the market demands. The exact reason why currency pegs are failing. It is because the central banks cling to old, irrelevant and worthless theories which don't work.

4. Miloman

^^^
    Hahaha, to the real members of stackers.

This is pretty much the most shill response we have ever had. Seems like we went fishing and landed us a big one!

0 trades too but over 1000 posts. Who is this troll?

5. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Currency wars, and collusion amongst allied nations:

6. Charles Thorn

Charles Thorn New Member

Yeah after I posted the initial thread I started thinking This as well. Wondering if anyone would know of such agreements between countries or some evidence that would lead us to believe for or against these agreements. My only thoughts are that I haven't been hearing as much complaining about currency wars from countries in the news.

7. tolly_67

I am the troll that lives under the bridge crossed by the 3 billy goats gruff.
    Just like a fairytale, so is the story of the boogeymen intent on taking over the world and only gold and silver will save us from them.
    Everything is a fractal. Just as an individual will make decisions that benefit themselves, so does every level of government and every nation.
    Gold and silver will rise when it is time and not because of some mythical band of megalomaniacs.
    U.S. interest rates will rise. They will have no choice because the choice will be made for them if they don't do it first. The market will prevail.
    The U.S. dollar will rise. The market will prevail and there is sweet F.A. that the central bank can stop it. They can Q.E. until the cows come how. It will not matter.
    The U.S. stockmarket will skyrocket and even rising interest rates will not stop this. The market will prevail. There is sweet F.A. the central bank can do.

The examples of government interfering in the economy and failing are all about us if we are willing to open our eyes.

8. tolly_67

Just a point of order.
    I cannot be a 'shill'.......I am not encouraging the purchase of anything.

9. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Maybe T67 buys from the local silver/gold shop just like I do. :) 000trades ^^^^

No postage and no chance of not seeing what you are buying.

Regards Errol 43

10. tolly_67

I bought mine when silver was under spot and that was on ebay and the now defunct oztion. The whole manipulation thing is a joke because we have been through periods where the physical is selling for less than spot. What kind of manipulation is that?

11. tolly_67

The last silver I bought was a florin at the Pambula market about 5 months ago. That was $3 for a post 1945 florin. I thought that price was o.k.

12. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Do you have any of your own individual thoughts on the topic or is everything just parroted from Armstrong's theories?

13. tolly_67

Armstrongs "theories" just so happened to have occurred such that they aren't theory anymore. He postulated his theories years in advance and I have yet to read anyone else's "theories" that have come close to summing up the direction of economies and the predictability of the events.
    You can close your mind to what he has repeatedly wrote.....dollar to record highs, dow to record highs, the fall of the Euro, the demise of the Yen, the up and coming bond collapse, the rise of the Soviet Union, etc etc.....when so many other 'experts' were completely wrong. He had been a lone voice for such a long time.
    The fact is now....so many of the new experts are parroting what he has been saying all along as if it is their opinion.
    I know that what I write is founded on what I read from Armstrong. Over time I came to realise that his grasp on economies and human behaviour is something very, very few possess.
    You write as if parroting Armstrong is a weakness.
    I say that ignoring what he writes is foolish.

14. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here's an interview taken 13th September 2013 in which he states that the Dow Jones would double in the two years to 2015. At the time the DJ was around the 15,300 mark. Even taking into account the rest of the year, how can you seriously believe that the DJ will reach anywhere near 32,000 in the next few months. Take note that he doesn't make reference at all to pivot points like he does these days to cover himself better when he's wrong. Short-term US 2Y treasuries yields have doubled since the same time rather than fallen which would indicate foreign capital is flowing into US short-term paper. The US dollar rising is the only thing he's called right, but it's far from record highs.

http://sgtreport.com/2013/09/martin-armstrong-the-stock-market-will-double-by-2015-2/

You only have to look up the economic capital flow charts for Europe and the US to see that capital flows, whilst more volatile over the last 10 years are largely unchanged.

Here's the Euro Area: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/capital-flows

Here's the US: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/capital-flows

The guy is no better forecaster than the rest of the pack, all he does is put a bit more effort into it. I'd expect some obscure irrelevant crap for his big bang or whatever it is in a few weeks. If he tries to use a government shutdown on the debt ceiling as a point of reference to force into his model, he would have more credibility if the US didn't already go through it in 2013 without any adverse effects.

15. Miloman

Armstrong is a moron.

[​IMG]

16. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You're asking us all to buy some BS ideas.

17. tolly_67

As for $2 U.S. to the aussie, that is a possibility if you actually take the time to read the report. He also talks about the monthly closing resistance at $1.10 needed to be broken which it didn't. the $1.10 mark was clearly indicated as strong resistance which is where the aussie hit and bounced back.
    He has always made it clear that anything can happen and failure to take out resistance changes things. He was talking best case scenario for the run to $2. He clearly states that a year close above the $1.20 mark is required to achieve record highs which never happened.
    If you actually read the report properly, he does not use the word will etc.....it is possible only. His talk of $2 was clearly a best case scenario and if everything falls into place, which it didn't.
    It is still a good report considering he was in jail at the time ( there you go, meat for the next assault....jail, criminal, ) and had limited resources.
    Let me see your report from 2010.

18. tolly_67

Well in 2012 I was selling my silver thanks to Martin Armstrong, I am waiting to buy back in and will get a lot more than what I had.
    At the same time, wilrocks was posting "buy silver now" videos from peter schiff.
    would you like to run a vote on who was talking the most BS?
    I saved money by listening to one of them....and the other was off with the fairies.