New to silver and gold bullion , United Kingdom

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Jordan, Sep 2, 2015.

1. rodmadman

rodmadman New Member

Nuff said? No ..really nuff said lol. Ty jim. We can close the thread now.I suspect.......

2. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

You guy's clearly do not understand how big companies work.
    Sure you may or may not have worked for one, but until you have been in the top levels and access to all financial records then you are not capable of understanding.
    I appreciate the lengths Jim has gone to show us "some stories" from papers , but they mean nothing without seeing where all the money has gone and the TRUE bottom lines.
    Nuff said:)
    Edit: Please remember why we started this discussion, YOU CLAIMED SILVER ALL IN COSTS OF $14.50 and i disagreed.

3. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

SO i am willing to bet that next year when silver is $13.50 that "all in costs" will be $13.50.
    Do you honestly not see how this all works?
    When silver is high $$ the cost to produce is CLAIMED to be high.
    As the price of silver has come down so have these mystical mining costs.
    I remember when silver hit $28 and everyone claimed that was close to production cost.
    Then came $25 and that was claimed to be close to cost of production.
    Then came $20 and that was claimed to be close to cost of production.
    Then came $17and that was claimed to be close to cost of production.
    Then came $14.50 and that was claimed to be close to cost of production.
    Do you really believe any of this BS anymore.
    I was a bit harsh with my comment about "you will never understand" and i apologize for that, but the issue is big businesses sat what ever it takes to ease the way when money is on the line.
    I know for fact a major pharmaceutical company laid off 350 people and claimed it was due to lost market share BUT in truth it was only because they hired them to rush through urgent testing and had NO intention of keeping them in the first place.
    But they said what they had to in order to justify their situation and try not to look like greedy users ( which they still are).
    My partner and i both work for many of the major big pharma companies in the world and i DO KNOW how these things work.

4. House of Commons

House of Commons New Member

Don't stick to gold, Silver has the ability to double easy, or even triple.Not Gold. Here in Canada we pay no tax on silver but we pay in US dollars. Stick to 10oz bars and 1oz coins. The Royal Mint should have good Bullion as will some banks. If they make you buy in US dollars INSIST on a fair exchange rate. This will gain you a few % right off the bat.
    Here is the best thing about buying silver and no one talks about it... you won't waste the cash on a 4k TV or cars that drop to 10% of their value in 6yrs. This makes saving $$$ fun. If your kids are like me money in the back is boring, bonds are boring, rolling around in a bed of silver coins while eating breakfast off the chest of a $1000 braud ... Priceless.

5. rodmadman

rodmadman New Member

Yeah great motivation for potential stock holders. Hey look we are losing millions. Buy our stock. But not really wink wink we are keeping it all for oursleves. .....Please

6. Rod Panhard

Rod Panhard New Member

Hi Jordan, if you are in the UK there is only really one place to get cheap silver and that is Silver-To-Go from Germany, if you buy from Europe you can avoid the 20% tax. Some of the Estonian sellers are just as cheap but their postage is more expensive, STG is 9.99 and you will have it from Germany tracked to your door in 3 days.

https://www.silver-to-go.com/en/

You need a decent enough sized order to make the postage fee viable and there is a 2% credit card charge which you will have to weigh up against what your bank charges for a bank transfer. I found if placing a really big order it is worth flicking through the various currencies and getting the best price as sometimes even including any currency transfer fees you can still make a saving by paying in Euros rather than GBP.

For single coins try Abbots Silver Coins, he is about the cheapest around when it comes to just buying one or two coins.

Personally I think you have to be prepared to hold silver for 10 years at least, but the guys are right in that if you get into silver now you are buying at the bottom end of the market, there are guys who bought silver 1oz Britannias at 30 back in 2011 who need spot to more than treble just to break even, I am averaging 13 an oz and if you can do the same if silver spot ever went back to 30 an oz you should be cashing in half your stack at least.

7. Jordan

Jordan New Member

I had a good look , not much to choose from and no bars :(

But thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

I'm not a big spender I'm looking at about 1200 a year to invest in metals.

8. Charles Thorn

Charles Thorn New Member

Possibly. Lots of things in silvers favor. Having said that I personally purchase 50% gold and 50% silver. I like both.

Here's a recent article I wrote on silver vs gold.
    http://www.choosingsilver.com/gold-vs-silver.html

9. Rod Panhard

Rod Panhard New Member

Hi Jordan

I took the view that the fact I could get a coin for less than a bar was a good thing. I bought some 10 oz and kilo Kookaburras and Lunar series coins which are semi numismatic, are obviously genuine and are the designated weight of pure silver no matter what and are cheaper than any basic silver bar in the UK by the time you add in the VAT, the coins are classed as collectibles where bars are not which is why they can sell them VAT free under the margin scheme.