Selling bars?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by tahutimphh, Aug 29, 2015.

1. tahutimphh

tahutimphh New Member

I am not looking to sell anything at the moment but I was wondering when it does come time to sell, how do you sell bars in particular the larger ones? Ebay? Back to the place you bought them from? Will local coin dealers take 10 oz stackers as an example?

TIA.

2. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Just read the link
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-840404.html#p840404

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Depends on where you live and what access you have to local coin shops and bullion dealers. You can trade, swap, and sell with members here. You can look for local meetings of stackers and preppers. You can try eBay...it's good to look at all avenues.

4. tahutimphh

tahutimphh New Member

Thanks for the link. I am in the US and not looking to sell any time soon. I was just wondering where folks would go if lets say silver gets up to 25 at some point next year and they want to get liquid in the short term. I do have a few coin dealers around me in Florida, I was not sure if they would buy silver bars and since I am not looking to sell any time soon I didn't want to go over there are start asking questions. I figured this would be a friendlier environment for newbie questions like this.

5. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

In the meantime, while you are here.
    Just do a bit of reading, there are plenty of information in this forum. ;)

6. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

yeah.. test buying and selling in small quantities. Plan and test your exit strategies, don't do a hypothetical. Sell stuff. So you get a handle of how long it takes, fees, shipping or dealing face to face. No better experience, than experience. The last thing you want to do is execute you well thought out plan that you have never used before and get surprised, no one is buying your stuff because you don't have a history of selling stuff. Or you go to your Local shop and can't get the price you want because you've never talked to them about what they buy and for how much.