Advice needed - 22Kgs of Investment quality gold coming into Australia

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Baab1051, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't get that !

WTF is a series 1, 1 kg gold Lunar Tiger ?
    are they extinct or something ?
    :)

2. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

:eek:
    That's right. But it's a fine point you bring up. Chances are he already has been sending money and lots of it.

It's an unfortunate situation IF true, yeah. He is stupid/greedy/lonely/lustful etc. and yes he is paying the price for it. As far as locking him up, nah. I can tell you I rarely use the word hate, I hate people taking advantage of others, so the scumbags behind this deserve jail and/or corporal punishment.

Does he deserved to be fleeced? Well, perhaps deserve is not the right word because it's just natural law taking its place so yeah I guess it is nature's stupidity tax. A quick google "ghana gold scam passport" will show fake passports of all different women like this https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...7&bih=482#tbm=isch&q=ghana+gold+scam+passport etc.

What I can say is he deserves to be ridiculed and frankly it's open season as far as I am concerned for very obvious reasons. This is a lesson that he should never forget. Lots of things fail to work on stupid people but public ridicule in my experience seems to at least take a chink out of their "stupidity armor" but usually they find a way to eventually get back on the stupidity train.

I keep saying it, never underestimate the stupidity of people. We all do stupid things occasionally but the real stupid ones seems to be the most deluded and they over estimate their intelligence by a long long long way. Problem is they and many others can't see the obvious of their own limitations.

3. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Kudos goldpelican.

Way to rise above....

4. Baab1051

Baab1051 New Member

Just a quick update. The decision has been made to deport my fianc back to Ghana and be arrested for smuggling there. Not a good outcome at al. And the gold will be put into bond store in Ghana until the title can be transferred to me. so that's it in a nutshell. Later, Bob

5. mrg9grn

mrg9grn New Member

Sad to hear good luck

6. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Photos or it didnt happen

7. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've got some spare gold titles if you need them.

8. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Episode 2 - transferring the title to the gold into Bob's name becomes problematic, and storage charges for the bond store start to add up. Enter Barrister John Smith, who offers, for a fee, to sort things out. Bob just needs to send $2000 by Western Union to cover the demmurage fees and modalities ...

9. Miloman

And doesn't have the money so needs a silverstacker to help... ?

10. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

If you truly are involved in this scam mate then 100% your 'fiance', if you've ever met her, has been nowhere near Heathrow and there is no gold.

Have you been asked to send anybody any money ?

IT'S A SCAM TO GET MONEY OUT OF YOU.

FACE IT!

11. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I seriously doubt this is the case - the scam is at the "emotional" stage where you're being goaded into acting out of chivalry. I'm sorry but this is 100% a scam. I HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE.

I'm guessing a request for money has been made by now - maybe legal fees to save the deal etc.

This is rubbish - if it was declared on entry, you would not have to "prove" you owned it, or get detained because it was in her fathers name. It's setting up the next step of the scam, which is "I'm now in desperate straits and you need to act to save me. Send money."

Funny how she knows exactly what's going to happen to her on return to Ghana. Has she done this before? How would she know that it's going to result in a smuggling arrest and be put into a bond store if she didn't know about the Heathrow requirements? Because it's not true and it's part of the scam.

She's not detained in Heathrow - the number she's calling from is probably a Skype number too. If she was detained in Heathrow you would likely have heard from a Customs agent at the same time if she was allowed to make calls, rather than be allowed to make multiple unmonitored calls while detained for smuggling. You think they let drug mules call their dealer from Customs detention? Same situation - she's been detained for smuggling, she's not making phone calls to anyone except a UK lawyer.

22kg of gold - have you ever seen this amount of metal? It's not something you just sneak onto a plane in either checked or hand carried luggage. It would have been detected in Ghana.

12. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Source: http://bismarcktribune.com/news/loc...cle_0caa779f-f027-555c-b44f-9b2ce13552d8.html

13. Potato

Potato Member

Baab, I really hope you're just yankin our chain and not actually tied up in a scam. These scammers are manipulative. A lot of them are in it for the long run, they get to know you over a long period of time. You refer to her as your fiance, which means you've probably known her for a while. Maybe even talk on skype a lot.

The rabbit hole will just get deeper and deeper. People lose thousands, in some cases, hundreds of thousands. There's always a pay-off at the end to make people comfortable putting up that kind of money. In this case, the gold. You feel safe giving her the money because you feel you'll get it back with the gold.

If this is real, I really hope you think twice about sending any money.

This Australian lady lost $350,000 to a scammer. She was in love and thought they were going to get married:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ending-money-discover-Nigerian-fraudster.html

14. Niveka

Niveka New Member

Hey bab, any update on this unfortunate situation?

15. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Hey Bab

This shows you have send some fund there.
    Guess what ??? , because of yours Greed... you gonna lose every single cents you own.

16. Niveka

Niveka New Member

Why is this not a good outcome? You get the gold and don't have to put up with the fianc laying about the house eating chips and watching TV or making lists of things you need to do for her. You nailed it man! Of all the people who have been taken to the cleaners by Ghana love interests you and you alone have turned the tables and scammed the scammers! Good on you mate!

17. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

18. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hope it doesn't cost too much for her brother to pay the Bond Store charges and her bail.

19. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

Have you thought of asking her to pay for the bank fees to facilitate the bail funds?

20. Miloman

^^^
    Comments like this amaze me. There's a whole thread showing beyond any doubt this is a scam.
    Either this 'sammy' is another shill (0 trades, 9 posts) or is one or the masses. "never underestimate the stupidity of people".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.