SMSF accounting software

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by AngloSaxon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Hi all,

For anyone not in ESuperfund's structure, can I ask what software packages people use to do their accounting?

I've been doing it for three years in Excel myself, but with pending property purchases the spreadsheets are getting complex.

I know BGL Simple Fund is out there, but looks too large and expensive for my needs. Last time I looked MYOB didn't have a SMSF tailored package (has that changed?) The stuff we use for work is bespoke and not suited for SMSF.

What does everyone else use?

2. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't have a SMSF myself, so I'm not exactly sure what what your requirements are, but have you taken a look at Sharesight?

There's a free version that you can use for up to 10 holdings to test drive and see if you like it: http://www.sharesight.com.au/

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

BGL Simplefund

4. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Been a few days since I asked the question, haven't had time to come back until now.

Thanks for the responses, I'll look at Sharesight and look at BGL again if you recommend it hiho.

And I've had an idea: Ask my auditor what his other clients use and what he likes them to use. That'd be a good question to ask!