Small milestone

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverKendo, Aug 19, 2015.

1. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

So I should be working on the two essays I have for my 1st graduate school class (due in just a few short hours), but instead here I am at SS. I've found that if I set small goals for myself stacking and buying other investments I do a little better than if I just say, "Yeah I'll just keep stacking until the day I die." It makes a sport out of it for me. I only buy a few ounces of silver per month and a fractional gold coin once in a while. My short term goal became to fill a tube of each of the types of silver coins I stack (ASE, Maple, Philharmonic, Libertad and Britannia). Today I finished off my first set of tubes by buying some Libertads and Britannias. Even though I didn't catch the bottom of the drop I'm happy. It was enough to average my Libertads down to the same price per ounce as ASEs and Maples and get my Britannias below Philharmonics! I'm now switching over to gold. I need a little more of the yellow stuff. When I get back to silver I'm thinking either 5oz coins (ATB, Libertads and Noah's arks, and maybe some Australian stuff?) or 10oz bars. Not sure how I feel about it yet. The premium is a little high on the 5ozers. Any thoughts?

Anyway back to school work!

2. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the milestone:)

3. Audeamus

Audeamus Member

If you venture down the Australian path get yourself a couple of 1 oz lunar coins each year as they are released. Keeps things interesting and traditionally they are quite popular with stackers and collectors.

Good luck!
    Aude

4. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

Thanks mates.

I've seriously considered Aus. coins but I've decided to stick with the 5 above. I am trying to stick to pure stacking and not collecting. I have numi coins I collect so I want to keep these two paths separate. I could see myself wanting to back fill the stack with some high premium older issued coins and turning it into a new hobby lol. Plus I stack for the long haul. Who knows what future stackers and collectors will like in30-40 years? Who knows though, maybe I'll change my mind?

Cheers,