WAIT?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Gigrantor, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Gigrantor

Gigrantor Member

I plan to buy some silver, I missed the low last week but I have a strong feeling that the recent rise will only be temporary and we may see another fall.

From past experience Fridays and Mondays are generally a good time to make a decision on whether to buy or not.

I could be wrong but I won't be surprised if silver gets back to under $20 AU and around $14 US very soon.

2. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Plenty of time before any major rallies. You'll know when you need to buy. :)
    I'm holding off...but most people on here are dollar cost averaging down to $5. :lol:

3. Gigrantor

Gigrantor Member

I waited and missed the low again, silver has gone up over a dollar an ounce in the last few days.

Some are suggesting to buy now while others are speculating that it will drop even further.

Not sure if I want to risk waiting any longer. Then again, I've noticed that there has been a recent trend in the price falling at the end of the week.

I'm waiting but at the same time may buy big if the price goes back over $21au.

4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There'll be a lower low, buy then ;)

6. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Best to buy when the price gets to the lowest point of 2015.

I'll let you know next year when that was.

7. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

All those who wish to buy now in my local area are paying more than they would have if they bought at $16 due to increased premiums. I wonder if that trend will remain if paper silver prices drop to $14.00 or lower?

I would bet that most waiting for $14, $13, etc will wind up buying on the way back up at $18, $19, etc.

We'll have to wait and see. I don't have any extra $$$ to load up now so I don't have a choice. But I have lots of cool stuff I bought over the past year at $17 to $18 (including premiums) so I won't be too sad.

Jim

8. silverbait

silverbait Active Member Silver Stacker

Since you do have the money to spend right now go for it.

All this stock market real estate bubbles and currency devaluation taking place I personally do not keep my earnings in cash anymore.

9. elsapo

elsapo New Member

The funny thing is my Apmex orders from last week are being delivered today :)

10. Save yourself the risk of inevitable remorse by not ever buying big.
    I made a relatively big purchase at what remains the lowest spot price around $18.00 AUD and I am feeling pretty fine about that but I am constantly aware that even this very wise decision may one day become a regret.
    Buy at what YOU feel is the right time, in moderate amounts, and be satisfied that in the longer run your good, bad and terrible buying decisions will all average out to a final satisfactory outcome.
    You will never pick the top or the bottom, that's a fools paradise and bound to lead to frustration.

11. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Depends on what silver product(s) you are interested in buying. If you are interested in merely blobs that do not have a limited production run, then there's no reason you can't wait till you feel the bottom is in.

But, if the product you want has a limited run or mintage that could sell out before another drop to USD $14.XX then you may want to pull the trigger sooner.

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Regardless if you value your silver in a currency or in ounces, the fact will always remain that there are times when our money works better for us and times when it works worse for us.

Some of us woke up to the idea that precious metals may be an important asset to add to our portfolio (savings) in the recent past. Some of us started buying silver when the price was USD $36 or higher (as high as around USD $49 in fact). But, I also know of stackers who've been stacking for years who were also buying at this price level.....so it wasn't just newbies who were paying comparatively exorbitant prices.

Obviously, it's not easy to know, whether you are new to the game or a seasoned veteran, when in the future the market will consolidate or expand and how much and for how long.

So for those who are or have been crying that $20 or $30 / oz silver is way over priced, just consider the fact that you are getting a very serious bargain at below USD $30 compared to many stackers.

USD $15 silver is a gift to those who'd paid triple that just 4 years ago.

The point is, getting your money to work most efficiently
    for you is not only ideal but sometimes timing and luck is everything.

13. Absolutely agree!
    That big purchase I made at $18.00 spot was 2014 Pandas which I picked up at $28.00 per ounce, a $10.00 premium over spot but as is already apparent, a very good buy.
    I would not make a purchase that large in generic silver (blobs) but these were at a sweet spot for buying and I was simply very lucky that one time. :cool:

14. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Still plenty of time up your sleeve to get CHEAPER silver.
    These ups and downs are only a worry to those that watch spot every day and read into it too much.
    Both silver and gold still have plenty of downside , so do not jump in:)

15. Gigrantor

Gigrantor Member

All I can say is that I am glad that I waited, now is the time to buy! :D

16. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Really? LOL.
    We're heading lower...but feel free to stock up NOW, NOW, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Gigrantor

Gigrantor Member

Really? How much lower and when?

18. That's the best answer you're ever going to get to this question.