is silver in hugh bubble reight now ?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by ninteno, Aug 17, 2015.

1. ninteno

ninteno Member

hi everybody,

with seeing a record in number of member online two weeks ago
    and also a lot of chat and trade here i would say we are near a popping bubble in PM market.
    with respect we are in august. this time usually all things are boring flat.

weather we are in a bubble or people start ignoring the continious PM bashing from mainstreammedia
    and start using their own brain instead of watching cnbc ....

nice times to be intom market right now.
    i am waiting to see a lot of WTB for lunars and other premium related coins within the next months to come.

your thinking is ????

2. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I seem to be noticing a bit of a split in the stacking market. Less people buying kooks and koalas and even a little pull back in lunars and more people buying bulk weight ordinary bars and higher end numismatics and rare bars (like PM odd weight). I think it's the middle that's losing out. It's not a big swing but definitely detect more people buying things like old silver dollars and crowns or low premium silver and less people buying rolls of whatever the perth mint put out last.

3. galifreyan_guy

galifreyan_guy Member Silver Stacker

While prices are low its nice to chase volume. Simple low premium 10oz & 1kg bars are an easy buy and easy sell. Also very easy for new comers with less knowledge about specific pm coins and high prremium products.

4. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Happy to buy lunars at spot :)

5. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

I have switched to bars. Perth Mint has just too many coins and variations of those coins!

Perhaps I am just finding my feet with silver but when you can purchase a 90,s PM proof 1oz kook in a case with coa for the same price as a square cap bullion kook then what does the future hold for buyers of all these "now" PM coins in future years?

I always joke about lunas and the "lunatics" lol but once they slow up trading between flippers/ speculators because they demand such a premium and collectors already have a keeper set they will just become another mass produced PM coin in many forms competing with the latest release PM coins/designs/forms for a flipper high premium!

Same with SBSS rounds! there are so many and so many more being minted that they have just become another silver round.

There was a thread from a member who is done with most new silver coins because they are becoming overkill like stamps did a few years ago, I tend to agree with him.

6. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Stackers become collectors for some strange reason?

Collectors never become stackers, they just stack up to make profits out of stackers collecting!

"choose the red pill" lol

7. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Think you can get the Chinese ones at spot. :p

8. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Bubbles form when a market is topping out. Not even silver haters can say silver is near a bubble now. Maybe an inverse bubble if there is such a thing?

Jim

9. ninteno

ninteno Member

i have seen hugh interest in forums like this before only in a phase of rising markets.
    we are now in a 4 year bear market and there is no really sign the papermarket has turned
    and we see a hugh demand, a lot of chat and also new stackers momentary.
    if the market will turn we willl see things in pm markets we havent seen before !

10. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

I think i'd consider myself a new "stacker", only recently buying in early july. At first I did lunars, which I went backwards for which in hindsight wasn't a great decision... But I'm finding, I like the current semi-numi's and 10oz - kilos. I found that my LCS, will only pay spot for any coin, semi-numi, numi, whatever. So i added som bigger bars that are lower premium to spot to cover those. The semi-numi's to sell online and the bulk to sell to LCS as an exit strategy.

I tend to agree that I believe it's an inverse bubble building, but ya never know how long it'll last. If it goes down, sure, no problem. If it goes up, I'm happy. I'm one of the new guys that came to the forum interested by the recent slump in metals.

11. Porcello

Porcello New Member

Most probably there is no other place to invest - stocks market almost all time high, real estate in a bubble, bonds in trouble. So only cash or metals left.

12. Stroctor

Stroctor New Member

I started stacking buying bullion and junk silver. Mostly ASE's and maples. I am currently caught up with 2 sets, one being momento mori zodiac series and the other biblical coin series by Scottsdale mint. I will be happy when they are done so I can get back to bullion. I'd love to get some libertads and philharmonics to round out my stack.