2016 PM 1 oz silver Kangaroo.

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by fishtaco, Aug 14, 2015.

1. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

If you can buy Maples and Ase,s for the same price or cheaper what is the point of having the kanga 1oz true bullion investment coin to compete with the others?

It has to be cheaper to buy in Australia than other 1oz coins minted outside Australia or its pointless to aussie buyers especially given pre orders are showing higher premium than Maples!

This coin needs to sell for as low a premium as ase,s and maples do for north americans or surly it will fail past the initial first coin novelty for both aussies and others?

2. PT Cruiser

PT Cruiser Active Member Silver Stacker

According to GP's post this morning, it may well sell for less in Australia than ASE or CML. I wouldn't judge the situation based on pre-order pricing. I also don't know why someone would purchase a pre order for a coin with an unlimited mintage, unless they thought the price of silver was about to rise (and never drop back!)

3. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm waiting for the Emu bullion coin.

4. fishtaco

I am not going to pre order lol.

GP said that it was aimed partly at the north american market because they love aussie coins so surly it has to sell there for the same or less than ase,s and maples?

He also said that ase,s and maples outsell aussie bullion coins in Australia, so with this in mind then they should sell for even less in Australia dont you think?

5. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Goldstackers has the kangaroos priced below ase's and maples.

6. fishtaco

But still more expensive than PB Maple price? They should be cheaper than maples from "every" aussie dealer?

7. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A roll of 25 maples at PB right now is $25.17 ea and a roll of 25 kangaroos at GS is $24.45 ea.

8. fishtaco

Ok apologies! miss calculated whilst window shopping :) so what is a 25 roll of maples selling for in north america compared to a 25 roll of kangas in aussie?

The price should be comparable! not maples price in aussie to kanga price in aussie? If its no less $24.45au then it could work.

9. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

From Goldstackers site :-

Personally not sure why anyone would care to fake a generic bullion coin as opposed to one which has some numismatic value, but maybe they are testing the market and will incorporate this authentication feature in more of their coins going forward....

10. fishtaco

Plenty of fake eagles maples and generic buffalo's have been reported over the past year by unsuspecting experienced buyers so I suppose "quantity" is what the fakers or resellers of fakes are aiming at as you can pile fakes in with the real during a largish trade plus these coins/rounds are regularly traded in high quantities more so than than numis.

11. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

Surely there is no need to be so surly about this. At this point we don't have pricing, so why let it bother you to the point of being surly?

12. fishtaco

Spelling police show there true intellect by having nothing to really say to others other than trying to promote their non existent superiority! its the only way they can interact with others you know! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

13. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

It is? My point is they are only pre-sales and they usually are a bit inflated, for those that want to have whatever it is first. I'm going to relax and wait for them to be released, then make a decision if I'm going to buy.

14. MasterID

MasterID Member

Philharmonic is cheaper than maple and ASE. Their sales figure can't catch up with ASE nor Maple.

More than just price, I would think.

15. silverprepper999

silverprepper999 New Member

No they are not, at least in Europe where I buy (aurinum.de). Noah arks are the cheapest, than maples, then somalian elephant, and then goes Philharmonic, and right after it it goes ASE.

16. o-to

o-to Member

In France the order is:

- Phil
    - ML
    - Noah

These 3 coins are the real bullion / pure investment coins and are by far the cheapest you can get

After them comes the ASE which can be sometimes more expensive than Elephants, Spider, Britania and libertads!

17. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

I can't say with certainty for anyone else but for me Britannias and Philharmonics are my cheapest. ASEs and Maples are a bit higher and Libertads are my most expensive (mind you this is a <$1 difference between them all). This is based on my dollar cost average. I don't stack other coins but I might change it up and get a tube of the new kangaroos or maybe some Noah's Arks. I dunno.