GOLD STACKERS CART TELL ?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silversearcher, Aug 9, 2015.

1. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm sure the title of the thread will certainly raise the eyebrows of Gold Pelican and Captain Kookaburra ( Do birds have eyebrows ? ). And their mouse buttons are now clicking in hyper-drive as they both open up the thread. But really, it's nothing that sinister. Nothing more than a play on words. I like to add a bit of spice to these threads. I like threads that are sensible, topical and good natured with hint of intrigue and humour. For several months I have bought from Gold Stackers towards the end of each week. It's not a king's ransom, but for me it's all I can afford ( as one dealer made CLEAR to me, 10 K spent per year is peanuts, I hope GS don't think like this ) ?... After quite a few online purchases on Gold Stackers it's quite a simple process click on the "ADD TO CART BUTTON " then add in amount of items you wish to purchase and follow the prompts. Pretty easy stuff (even for an older guy like me). So several weeks ago I purchased 10 ASX buffalo rounds and an ASX bar. I added both orders in the shopping cart and immediately paid. Only to find out the following week that the XAG buffalo rounds were out of stock. Was my mind playing tricks on me? As I thought that you could never purchase anything "OUT OF STOCK" as there is no "ADD TO CART BUTTON" to click on. How did I manage to make a purchase on an out of stock item? Apparently, I missed the tiny red lettering in the "ADD TO CART " section that says, "out of stock and a back order has been placed ". Or words to that effect. Well when I rang up the following week to find out that the 10 XAG rounds were on "BACK ORDER ", the blood pressure began to rise, particularly when then goods had been paid for. No doubt I may have been complacent and clicked through the tabs and purchased without completely reading all the fine print. But I really didn't expect this to happen! Maybe this is the new modus operandi with new age business operators, and the younger generation are probably used to the concept of what online buying entails. But as an older gent and getting longer in the tooth this sort of malarkey wears thin. To coin a modern phrase, it feels like I've been "Punked". Makes no sense paying the full amount for goods that is not in stock and with express postage to boot. So today, I looked at the Gold Stackers website and low and behold my mind wasn't playing tricks on me! They do have several items out of stock and there is no "ADD TO CART BUTTON". This negates any purchase. This is the way it should be! If goods are not available then you can't place an order. Unless, you expressly request Gold Stackers or any bullion dealer to order an item in for you with a down payment. So what gives with the "ADD TO CART BUTTON" mysteriously turning itself on and off lately? However, after a few phone calls back and forth and a difference of opinion on this matter, the friendly staff member at Gold Stackers did resolve the problem. Well done young fella..

Cheers....From the bloke who hates "THE BACK ORDER" (It has cursed me for years )

PS - Disclaimer- Gold Stackers is a damn fine company and you won't get much better service and efficiency elsewhere. (Apart from myself, as I sell a different line of product on the net ).

To be the best you have to beat the rest is my motto..

PPS- Please leave out churlish behavior as this is boring and verbose.

2. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Since I'm in the US, I can't order from GS..

But whenever I run into back-orders from other dealers, which can placed in the cart, typically there will be a big song & dance prior to submitting the order, verbiage stating that the buyer accepts, the entire order will be shipped together when the product comes in, blah blah blah.

It's fine with me. But the customer is definitely aware of it, whether it's a new screen, perhaps something you even have to check off by clicking your mouse, or whatever.

3. Spilver

Spilver Member Silver Stacker

I think it is good to be able to still get an item on a price dip if it is not in stock, but clearly on order and expected to be delivered.
    I would be more frustrated not to be able to do this.

4. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

WTF does that even mean? "New age business operators"? Who are you have a go at with that statement? Online retailers? Younger people? Small businesses of the last few decades?

[​IMG]

5. SpacePete

[​IMG]

6. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's hotter in the suburbs than it is in the summer.

7. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Back order is pretty common by my reckoning, when ordering for the business I get it plenty...

So assuming unallocated isn't for you then...

And anyone who says 10k purchases a year is peanuts is a peanut them selves..

8. silversearcher

" a particular way or method of doing something " Operations that lack transparency " " I can say what ever I like, as long as it's lawful " and so forth. Take care mate. Cheers

9. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

That's what it says in the cart when an item is available to order, but is currently unavailable from our stock on hand. It doesn't discriminate between items we have got zero of, or 19 out of 20 of, or a monster box of new stock due later that day - if it's not in the store, it shows that message. I can see from the abandoned carts that it costs us sales from being transparent about our availability - I hate seeing an abandoned cart for product that we literally have arriving the next day, but manually maintaining ETAs on the website for such items would be half of a full time job for someone. For security and commercial purposes we will never advertise actual stock on hand numbers. I wouldn't want the local underworld wannabees to leap to the conclusion that available stock meant "227 Collins St stock", and do something non-trivial about it.

If the website says "Out of stock" and there is no "Add to cart" button, the item is genuinely out of stock, and we cannot source more stock, so we stop taking orders. Usually these items get removed from the catalog once we've finished filling any outstanding customer orders that have those items in them. Very rarely we get caught out with accepting a backorder for an item only to be told by a supplier that it has been suspended/discontinued for minting (common at this time of year for Lunars etc), or "none are scheduled for production for xx weeks".

If the website has the "Add to cart" button, then the item can be ordered. If it's in stock, it's in stock. If there's insufficient stock on hand, or we're in the midst of restocking the item (like ASEs at the moment), then you will be notified in the cart with the above quoted message.

Our Platinum Express shipping option is a requirement of our insurer.

10. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-7MmhqNfA[/youtube]

11. silversearcher

Popular product! Not enough on hand to fill this order immediately. Backorder has been accepted......Yep what it says in red letters ( couldn't quite remember exactly what its said ). Well that explains the mystery of "ADD TO CART" and abandoned carts. I'll just ring up from on and find out what's in stock....Gives me a good excuse to use up credits on my phone that never get used up. I'm a no BACK ORDER guy....Cheers

12. SpacePete

Ok, I see from your answer that you have some serious comprehension issues. Maybe you need supervision when ordering online to ensure you don't make mistakes when money is involved?

13. Chubbsng

Chubbsng Member Silver Stacker

I get what Silversearcher means but in short the answer to the question is yes thats kinda the way it can go online. It's not bad, you just have to know what's up and the benefit of it.

I bet you'll check more often. And the Grandpa Simpson thing is gold.

14. SpacePete

And then you'll likely mishear or just totally misunderstand and again we'll get to enjoy you whining about young people these days.

15. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The back ordering shopping cart setup allows buyers to lock in the price. If you only want whats in stock dont order when the backorder message appears, lower the quantity until the backorder message vanishes.

16. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Some remarks in this thread makes me think about the cheek that I will have to put up with from youngsters when I get old one day. :/

17. SpacePete

You don't have to wait till your old to tar an entire class of people based on one inept customer interaction. ;)

18. silversearcher

Don't worry Skyrocket...When your older you won't worry about the cheek. You just shunt the toxicity away and move on. Like water off a ducks back for me. For the sake of being vexatious some miss the point, as they only paraphrase and use quotes out of context. Just sawing sawdust ....Gold Pelican gets it. He explains how things are setup. I'm now aware of how the Goldstackers website works. And for me it's pretty simple. Order, then pay and receive goods. Pretty rare to order goods online that is not in stock these days. So the back order did catch me off guard. Cheers

19. SpacePete

I see you didn't answer the actual question You want to try again?

20. silversearcher

Personally, not once in my life have I had a situation where a full payment is taken on a item that is not in stock ( except with bullion dealers ). It's customary that a down payment is taken ( usually 10 to 25 percent ). This covers the retailer for any losses incurred if you fail to pick up goods or pay for rest of order. Not sure about the unallocated side of things. I would really want to talk to the dealer face to face before doing so.
    Cheers.......