RATE YOUR BULLION DEALER .

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silversearcher, Aug 7, 2015.

1. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Not sure whether a thread has been posted on this forum about " BULLION DEALER RATINGS " but I thought what the hell let's make life interesting for both consumers and for dealers. I think such a thread will give insight to dealers globally how consumer sentiment is tracking. As for me, I operate two independent businesses ( not bullion dealing ). I have been in the game for over 20 years and have very high expectations of business operations and customer service. With me it's all about provide a great service. Get the money in my bank account and make profit, and get the product in the customers hands as quickly as possible ( She'll be right is not a option ) . If there is issue, deal with it immediately. It's works for me and I believe it works for the customers. And remember to treat all people with respect and dignity regardless of difference of opinion. Being Aussie, I have only ever dealt with two organisations. Which is the Perth Bullion Company and Gold Stackers. I'm aware that both companies are sponsors and even admin of this sight. But hey, lets be up front about the pros and cons of our dealers and not pussyfoot in life. Depending with who you deal with, I'm sure your dealer would love to hear your response. So remember to be respectful. This is not about denigrating people, or bullion dealers. It's about performance standards. If the performance is of high quality then they make more profits and the customer is happy. That's the name of the game. So I'll begin by simply using a out of ten rating in various criteria.

GOLD STACKERS

1- Staff friendliness 10 / 10

2- Price of Bullion 8.5 / 10

3- Variety of Bullion ( in stock ) 7 / 10

4- Processing Time ( online orders ) 10 / 10

5- Postage costs 6.5 / 10

6- Postage Delivery Times 10 / 10

7- User Friendly website 8/10

Total of 60 / 70

PERTH BULLION COMPANY

1- Staff friendliness 10 / 10

2- Price of Bullion 9 / 10

3- Variety of Bullion (in stock ) 8 / 10

4- Processing Time ( online orders ) 4 / 10

5- Postage costs 10 / 10

6- Postage Delivery Times 6 / 10

7- User Friendly website 7 / 10

Total of 54 / 70

This is purely my opinion. Some good results from both dealers, but still some room for improvement. Both dealers websites need tweaking. Gold Stackers website is user friendly, but out stock items need to highlighted better before sending to cart. It's a tad dismal in appearance being dark, rather a than a bright happy space to buy off. Kind of looks out of date compared to other retail web pages. Perth Bullion website is cumbersome in some areas ( particularly of price listings from low to high ). And it also looks dated and out of vogue. However, it does look more inviting for the online shopper to buy off compared to the darker web page of Gold stackers. Both web pages could possibly draw in more female customers by bringing in a bit more pazzazz, as it appears the target audience is men. So there is more profit potential to be had in this area. Both companies rate equally high with staff friendliness. No doubt they to put up with a lot of nonsense, so well done. Gold Stackers processing time of orders is exemplary with notifications of receiving of money and dispatchment. However, they do fall below par with postage and handling costs. As they use Platinum Express which makes no sense, as Australia Post Guidelines do not insure bullion. They need a option for registered post as many of us do not live in Express Post zones anyway. But, the trade off is that bullion does get to your door fast regardless. Perth Bullion processing time is slower, and sometimes a lot slower. They do need the occasional nudge from time to time to get your product moving ( but, in fine print they do state their handling terms ). But the trade off is that their postage costs are lower. So some people don't mind the wait. I like to get my customers orders packed and posted in less than 24 hours once paid for. And why not ? Once paid for - legally it's their property, and it now belongs to them !

As I say, these are my opinions........

What are your opinions ? It would be interesting to hear what performance standards your dealer has from home or abroad...

2. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

I am just a small time buyer.

Perth Bullion

1, releasable postage cost 8/10
    2,within 10 km,s from me if I want to pick up 10/10
    3,cant find anywhere cheaper for the small quantities I buy.10/10
    4,Great selection thats ever changing to suit stackers needs. 10/10
    5 friendly helpful staff both in person and on the phone 10/10
    6 not open Saturday 0/10 (would have spent much more on PM,s if it was)

Perth Mint

1,less than 1km from my house 10/10
    2,only buy if not available at PB because the mint is more expensive. 5/10
    3 Not open Saturday -10000/10

Thats it :)

3. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

11.5 / 10 to Goldstackers for me :eek:
    I usually get a coffee from them , but today I got lunch :D
    But they made me work for it :lol: :lol: :lol:
    It's the coffee that makes it 11 / 10 for me

4. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

some not so nice comments about certain dealers in the past have resulted in threatened legal action so this might not be such a great idea

5. silversearcher

It's handy if they are close by...Postage is no issue...Cheers

6. silversearcher

I live a couple hours away from them. Bought some bullion off them of late. Would they make me a coffee ? And is it good ? Cheers

7. silversearcher

That's a good point about PAYPAL. I have used that many times at Perth Bullion Company. It's a good option. If you sell online it's a good way to trade your PAYPAL Dollars into silver or gold. Perth Bullion Company sell on Ebay so they need PAYPAL. Cheers

8. fishtaco

Tell it as it is! legal action poppycock! lol protecting a not so competitive/reliable business with "legal" action over a user review/comment is a threat they are not willing to pay for because they would "lose" lol

9. trew

Well obviously it's poppycock to you because you are not running the forum.
    I've posted negative experiences with a coin dealer here before but I did it in the members only area to avoid such legal issues

10. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:
    I'm special :lol:
    They have to buy me a coffee NOT make it
    It always tastes better if someone else pays for it :p
    Haven't had one for a while since somebody gave up smoking , I used to kidnap them for a cigarette & a coffee

11. fishtaco

That's a good point about PAYPAL. I have used that many times at Perth Bullion Company. It's a good option. If you sell online it's a good way to trade your PAYPAL Dollars into silver or gold. Perth Bullion Company sell on Ebay so they need PAYPAL. Cheers[/quote]

Forgot to add pay pal advantage :)

12. silversearcher

Thanks for your review. I worked in retail for 10 years and worked every Saturday. What a drag. I can understand closing on Saturday as staff need a break. I also see your point. If people work all week Saturday is their only day to shop and closed shops are annoying. The scouts knife cuts both ways on shop opening times. Maybe they can open the doors. Saturday morning used to be the best time to shop...Cheers

13. fishtaco

Why hide comments in the members only forum? Non members not worthy of advise? 0/10 for that! lol

14. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This post may be of interest: http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-126515.html#p126515

15. fishtaco

In the scale of things the postage cost is so small I would be lucky to save much If I drove there! Bring back half day Saturday trading with no Sundays or public holiday trading for "everyone" andI work mon - fri :)

16. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

11th round bullion (https://www.11thround.com.au/) is by far the cheapest, and trustworthy.

Not as much choice as PB or GS, but if you want low premium, it's definitely the way to go.

GS is #2 on my list, more reliable and consistent than PB in my experience.

All the 3 above are worthy of consideration...

ps... special mention to https://www.bullionlist.com.au/ , best prices on anything Southern Cross and Geiger.

17. trew

From a members only thread in 2013:

18. fishtaco

Great "auto censor" of dealers names! They have nothing to worry about then. positives wont be auto censored :)

19. mrg9grn

mrg9grn New Member

Ditto

20. fishtaco

Bullet wont head my way so no need to "dodge" although you pay for members are a tight knitt mob and can imagine the bitching is endless so warrants care lol