Phoney Pandas

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by yennus, Jul 17, 2011.

1. excalibur

excalibur Member Silver Stacker

2. chicken12

chicken12 Member

On the listing you can click on "Report Item" look on the right hand side of page near item description

3. TasAg

TasAg Active Member

161286328767 - Have reported but might need a few more to do so before ebay takes notice

4. anighttrader

anighttrader Member

The latest trick from Chinese selling Pandas on eBay is to list in German, yes, German. The listing usually starts with the Year China Panda Mnze 10 Yuan and showing very good pictures of the coin. Then in a lengthy narrative in German he says it is silver plated in .999 silver. Mnze of course is coin in German. By reading the title and seeing the pretty pictures you will be led to believe it is a real coin. I have notified eBay that this is deception in any language. Don't fall for this.

The seller goes by the eBay name pekingitems. Actually, if the narrative is in a language you cannot read then just avoid it. Whether they like it or not English is the international language of trade and someone in China listing on eBay in a language other than their own or English is just trying some tricks.

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fake Panda Alert

Guys, a seller on eBay is selling fake Pandas; he sprooks BS and his so called coins are not coins at all.

You can research his other items but for starters, see item number 231360429419

Don't be tempted to buy this counterfeit crap.

H

7. darkclark

darkclark New Member

just had a look real nasty pieces of crap right enough

8. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Dang, got my first fake in 6 years. 2004 1 oz silver panda, double sealed...nuts I tell you. Nuts. Good lesson. And I'm pretty sure I bought it thru one of the major dealers in the U.S. I bought it long before I've come to know folks like Peter, Lucky, Andy, Thincat, Utah, and many others. Lesson: seek counsel before buying Pandas to be sure you are not buying fakes!!

You know me, I'll post pictures as soon as I get the fake back.

9. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

In MY HUMBLE OPINION ............75% OR MORE OF PANDA,S IN OMP CURRENTLY LISTED ON EBAY ARE FAKE!! my advise to anyone buying who is new or isnt quite comfortable judging authenticity buy graded coins! and just as an additional note let the bells ring loud in your head and listen to them :) when you see a 1983 silver Panda selling for 50 usd in an auction and it is a 1500 usd coin all day ...............well the old too good to be true story :) ..... do research ,research and then do more ...and if you don't have time buy from very reputable people not these folks with 10 or 12 very rare panda,s for sale at 1 time with low feedback ........................

10. jboone

jboone New Member

/Users/justinboone/Downloads/74674162712849on.jpg
    Source: /Users/justinboone/Downloads/2593192712849on.jpg
    Source:

Found this not sure if real or not, i noticed that it is 2004 coin with 2005 date