a funny story

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by mrg9grn, Jul 30, 2015.

1. mrg9grn

mrg9grn New Member

Hey ss been a while since I been on. I've only just looking at the sale threads past two weeks but always keeping a eye on the spot.
    Just thought I share a funny experience I had a couple weeks ago at the emundi markets in Qld.

I went to the emundi markets with mum and my sis cause she came up for splendor.
    So were looking around there's heaps or silver jewellery stalls around. we came up to one that sells there jewellery a percentage above spot.
    So I'm looking around on the table and spot a ten oz Scottsdale bar and thought that's interesting to see here then I look behind the counter next to the blokes calculator and note pad and see a ansile 100 ozer and thought ill ask what he would sell it for just to see what kind of bloke this guy is.
    I so casually ask him hey that's a big bar he gose yep you want to hold it so I say ok haven't seen something like this before 100 oz ! Wow how much is this worth then he gose 4000 I couldn't help not to smile and say that's a big premium over spot its only worth 2000 he quickly gose more like 2200 I'm still smiling trying not to laugh and quickly gave it back to him. Well that's my story might not be that funny but it was at the time when the bloke was telling me how hard its getting to get physical silver and that he doesn't make much on his bullion.

Thanks for reading mrg9grn have a good one

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It must have had swirly swirls :)

3. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Saw a 10oz silver PM bar for $389 at a pawnbroker in Chapel St, when I questioned him on it

"OOHH it's not for the likes of me & you " :lol: WTF
    I only know his face & he doesn't know me at all :rolleyes:

4. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

I went to a pawnshop to see if they had anything interesting. Guy had some BU Eagles in the case. I asked how much they are and he said $35 each. I said too rich for my blood since spot is only $20 (at the time) and I was paying about $22-23 per coin online. He tried to let me know shipping is expensive... um free from most of the dealers I use! He got a little flustered and asked if I was a coin dealer or something. I said, "or something" and walked out. You can't expect folks like that to have any ethics.

5. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

They gotta make some money since they have a high overhead....but you're absolutely right about ethics!