Want to remove yourself from the Tax System?

Discussion in 'Wealth Creation & Management' started by adrenalin, May 4, 2015.

1. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

No taxation without representation!!!
    Well my friend - there IS representation.
    When they subpena your bank, other income methods, and conduct an audit, you'll be in a world of hurt.

By all means, keep denying any effort to pay taxes.
    If there is one thing the government is good at....it's collecting taxes.
    Whether now, or later, you'll pay like everyone else. lmfao

2. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for your concern...
    As I stated earlier I pay, and have paid, plenty of taxes...more than most...
    As a former smoker of 40 years and heavy drinker I also paid an inordinate amount of additional taxes that were paid for out of money that had already been taxed...
    Even without the income tax portion around half of your money goes to taxes...
    And they just keep slowly dialling the temperature on the slow boiling frogs :lol:
    It's a free world...you're free to believe what you like...

And as for "representation"? no thanks...I'll present myself, no wish to have anyone "re-present" me ;)

3. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Sin Tax / = / Income Tax
    I could care less whether you pay your outstanding debts. You don't owe the money to ME... lol
    Just letting you know ahead of time before they forcefully collect.....
    In 10 years when you owe a boatload, I'll say "I told you so". :lol:

4. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

I'd consider burying some PM in case they decide to collect your assets, and sell them at pennies on the dollar. lolololol

5. Chubbsng

Chubbsng Member Silver Stacker

I love your style and a few years back played a similar style game with the ATO. It was under a P/L company not as an individual though and maybe the outcome was different because of that. I felt like i had a point about not paying GST and some other crazy stuff. My accountant said i was wrong and my lawyer said I was double wrong. I dont know what I actually thought but I didnt pay and waited to see end results.

Approximately 2 years after not paying the first amount i got a subpoena to court. I had to pay pretty quick and paid more than 20k in additional costs.

Sorta kinda funny and really dumb. I hope it works for you and perhaps as an individual you may not be bound to same laws but i was breaking a whole lot of corporate laws and was always gonna pay.

Enjoy!

6. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not paying the ATO is a bit like not paying the Mafia their protection money. Eventually someone's going to come around and break a few fingers.

Do you really want to be a martyr?

7. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Yep, adze67 is going to be in for a world of hurt in a few years time when the ATO has finally had enough.
    Anything who thinks the ATO isn't going to take you to court isn't too smart. And once that happens either you a) defend your case and win, b) lose and pay costs, or c) go to jail. You can't just fob off the courts with asking then to substantiate their "claims".
    And also, you're welcome for all those services you take for granted that everyone else pays for and you don't, because, you know, you're special.

8. Chubbsng

I don't know if Adze67 thinks they're special. The government often plays 'the game' with us so some people feel compelled to play it back.

I dont know the ins and outs of the government or councils or whoevers use of their incoming money but how does it work? Does income tax pay for the roads or does the registration fees cover this? If one never used the roads should they have an exemption from paying the portion of their income tax which is for the roads? I know its a theoretical point and rather complex but thinking income tax is the one thing thats makes our great country great may not be the full picture.

I haven't personally paid income tax in a decade. All very legally (trust me I've been audited more than once) and via companies and trusts and businesses make my way through life. Is it wrong and I'm bludging off society? Well i employ more than 30 people who all pay tax and collect more in Gst in 1 year than a high income payg earner earns in their lifetime so I could argue I'm contributing significantly more than an ordinary payg earner.

Its all interesting stuff.

9. SilverDJ

Anyone with a company can do that too, it's just a different way of paying tax. Your first $18k is tax free, and if you can arrange it (legally) so you don't earn any more than that personally, and can sustain yourself by other (legal) means then you don't have to pay any personal income tax, no biggie there.
    But that's not what's being discussed here. It's about someone who earns more than $18k in income personally and refuses to pay tax on the rest.

10. Chubbsng

Fair enough

11. SilverDJ

Well good luck with that. The ATO will have no hesitation in taking you to court (in fact they might even enjoy it), and once that happens you are forced into a much higher stakes game where the loser pays the victor what's owing plus all sorts of additional costs, or they go to jail. Have fun.

12. Chubbsng

Well they obviously audited me because I pissed them off and i'm pretty sure im on their calendar which reminds them to audit me every few years. I laid my own path with them and chose to fight a completely unwinnable battle. Perhaps same will happen with Adze but I can understand wanting to 'test' the system.

13. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

This guy thinks that since he smoked for 40 years and paid lots of taxes in smokes & alcohol he doesn't need to pay income tax.
    All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not in his shoes. :lol:

It's all fun & games & hilarious "beating the system"......until it isn't so funny anymore.
    The government is quite resourceful in collecting what's owed to them.
    I've spoken my peace, best of luck. :lol:

14. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting analogy there mate, and they operate on the same principles of fear, coercion and threat of violence...
    But that doesn't make them right ;)
    Not sure about being a martyr but if that's where the journey leads...

15. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You're a brave man adze67... wish there were more people like you... hope you get to keep your fingers and kneecaps too.

You're right that they rely on fear, coercion and the threat of violence... I would much prefer they operate on a more benevolent basis (e.g. no medicare, no social security, etc if you are late in paying your tax)... kinda like the utility companies (e.g. don't pay your electricity bill, and they can turn off your power).

16. SilverDJ

For obvious logistical reasons society can't work like that. That's why the income tax system exists the way it does.
    The only way to morally exit the system is to exit it entirely, i.e go bush, live off the land and not rely on modern society in any way again.

17. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Pretty sure that's illegal

18. f40

f40 Member

I am aware of a few different people who don't pay income tax.

Some do it through private foundations, others just flatly refuse to pay.

One individual I know hasnt paid income tax since around 2000. He has been taken to court several times by the ATO and wins every time.

Another guy I have heard of rumour has it doesn't pay his mortgage with real cash, he pays the bank every month with a "promissory note".

From all accounts the bank took him the whole way to the supreme court and it was deemed legal what he was doing. However he can only pay monthly and not pay out his mortgage with one large promissory note.

19. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Can you send the court transcript?

20. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

If not a court transcript, a source of this factual information would be cool. :cool: