Oooo my first PM10 0zer

Discussion in 'Silver' started by fishtaco, Jul 7, 2015.

1. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Purchased from House and I likey very muchy :)

Nothing I suppose really to experienced stacker's and I can imagine the "eye brow raise" but I want moreeeeeeeee lol

Is it worth buying a few of the new Englehards 10 ozers or should I stick with Perth Mint? I have a few Englehard 5 ozers already

"so chunkey you could carrrlve it" lol

2. swoydaz

swoydaz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

PM are extremely popular and well recognised ... maybe they might sell a little easier?

But loads of people love E's too.

3. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

You have 30 trades and this is your first PM 10oz? You've gone about this all backwards, that's how people usually start :)

I like the pm 10oz, doesn't get better recognised and standard than the 10oz, though for my money the 20oz and 50oz are the most aesthetically pleasing PM sizes.

They also do a good job filling the spaces between other bars in SDB's or other boxes. Definitely a good size for the dollar amount of silver value though, not so big that you'd have trouble moving them even if silver goes to $50 again.

4. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you stick the 5oz "E" under your tongue, in a few hours you'll start to hallucinate.

5. phrenzy

Some are better looking than others though.

[​IMG]

6. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Given up on the selling ASE's at children's birthday parties venture then?

7. fishtaco

I have many avenues I choose but you are blind,due to regular zinc depletion in your body I should imagine :lol:

8. fishtaco

Not really backwards as I wanted to collect all the 1oz kooks koalas and ase,s plus at least a pair of the most popular 1oz minted bars so the extra spent was worth it to me,I now only need to collect a 95 and 97 proof kook then a new years coin of each so I can now concentrate on 10 oz bars 1 2 3 4 and 5 oz poured bars plus adding to my gold bit by bit.

I will probably ditch all my maples Britannia,s other RCM,s and all my SBSS rounds in favour of early ase,s.

9. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Hey mate all good, I'd rather a stack of ASE's than a bouncy castle too.

Yanks have run out of the things, could be a shift our way??. :|

10. fishtaco

I dont profess to know anything about pms because I am so new to stacking but ln my nooby quest (wrong or right ) in collecting an every year ase for my own satisfaction I hit a stumbling block where the individual ase,s required by me were not as stated by so many experts only $4 - $5 over spot but much more!

Who is buying them for so much more? well I did and so have many others and I also grabbed what I feel were some silly bargains on SS!

In the end its all only worth buy back price or what individuals are prepared to pay and I have proved this to myself by buying all my proof kooks cheaper than bullion kooks! I dont even want proofs! silver is silver to me, I am just playing the game. :)

11. fishtaco

What do you think the higher premium "longevity" would be on poured bars?

There are a few under 10 ozers I would like to buy now but not sure it would be worth the extra knowing I am in it for the long haul wealth diversification/protection and not a seller.

12. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Except E doesn't cause hallucinations? (Says SWIM) lol

13. scrooged

scrooged New Member

I grabbed one of these from this seller >> http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...ehard-australia-bar-240-includes-postage.html

Reckon if you like the PM 10oz you'll love this one too. Good dimensions.

Not old but pretty sweet.

14. fishtaco

I already have a few of the 5 ozers so may get a 10 oz next,not too sure what the box is for? my 5 ozers " in the box" look like cheap sharpening stones from a $2 shop lol might ditch the boxes :) "Naked " baby lol

15. phrenzy

I always wondered if anyone here was a SWIMmer.

As for the new Engelhards I think they are a good basic low premium bar. As long with you stick with a household name you can't go too badly wrong. Beyond that it's just what you like the look of or can get cheap. For a basic, non vintage or or otherwise unique, bar the difference between a 10oz Engelhard and 10oz perth mint is like the difference between getting your basic 91ron petrol from a shell or a BP, if there are differences you likely won't notice. I personally like the PM bar but the engelhards are perfectly good.

16. col0016

col0016 Active Member

I assume a lot of people swim, explains all the boat accidents :p

17. Kota

Kota New Member

Just bought my first from JM the other night myself. Just had a feeling as it was down because of the Asian stock dump and other things that happened that day. I wanted to pull the trigger earlier after a bigger USD spot drop but didn't because at 3 I was thinking about how to sell my stack because of a letter I got from my ex landlord that told me I owed way more than I had in Fiat because I evacuated out of a house with my kids because I did a home mold test and it blew up into something that looked like a mushroom. I thought that I was going to get my security deposit back, instead got a bill for terminating lease and they wanted 5k extra for the remainder of the lease. I went ballistic and fought it all in one day. I guess I won the battle. We will see but was promised security deposit back so was good news. Went from thinking about selling stack to good news (everything happens for a reason and Karma is good). Anyway I felt safe enough to pull the trigger on 1st 10 ounce RMC (new) for 167.23 total including shipping. Did I do good. I am still new at this and would like advice if anyone has any. I did it on a credit card and could have bought cheaper with a check, but am l am hesitant not to put on CCard because it should have some protection involved with it. Any advice?

18. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

People are claiming some of the new Englehard bars are underweight.

19. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

I feel like it depends on how you plan to sell. (eventually)

If you are buying stuff with high premiums, are you going to be getting that premium when you sell?
    Are you selling to private party? Ebay? Coin shop?

These questions about selling should impact how you purchase.
    You should have an entry & exit strategy in PMs before just stacking anything and everything.
    Just my $0.02

20. fishtaco

I have no real exit plan,I am just hiding a bit of my "now" spare cash from future government asset tests when I retire in 11 years time.

Given I live walking distance to perth mint then I should possibly stick to perth mint silver as it will be simple to cash in as needed.