New Panda Medal Coming: Panda - Goat/Lunar

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Pandacollector

Pandacollector Active Member

Yes, this can happen at the Mint, but it is uncommon. If there are a lot of them it may be possible to get them officially repackaged and resealed. It is not the first explanation I would think of for an unsealed coin.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

2. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Only ebay seller Noami has silver antique panda goat for sell now. Anyone come across other seller other than me and Bob with Stock????

3. SA4H

SA4H New Member

I haven't checked eBay lately on the pricing of the raw vs NGC 70 medal..... I do want to update that I bought 3 from Lucky a while back and got them graded by NGC, all came back PF 70 (3/3), which is great.

Btw, what's the mintage for the antique finish?

4. Jens

Jens New Member

5. SA4H

SA4H New Member

Thanks Jens.

I guess I will just stick with the regular.
    It's getting harder to keep up with all these releases.

They all have limited mintage so the Mint has to create more series to generate works and revenues......
    Honest truth: My pocket book can NOT keep up with their innovative creations. :(

6. andrewlee10

Selective buy. Only buy the items you like and within financial ability

7. Elkslayer132

Elkslayer132 New Member

Sold a pf70 today for just under $500usd on ebay seems about going price for right now.
    Bruce is that you on the other end here!
    Welcome to SS :)

8. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Here are some pictures of the Antique Panda Goat 99 Mintage. Andy and I sent several to get graded, and the highest grade received was PF67. To my knowledge, the highest grade on these is a PF67. So, if you happen to have a PF68, its probably more like a PF70. lol. These look great. But I'm sure the antique process really hurt the chances of getting a high grade on the antique version. These will be for sale on www.chinesemedals.com (next week).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW9RCHnC9RY[/youtube]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. asdfghjkl32

asdfghjkl32 Member

Pretty awesome looking medal.

10. SA4H

SA4H New Member

Hey Chris,

Nice to see you on here.
    I guess I have to sell one or two to recycle the cash and buy the next coin. Btw, when will be the next release (the Monkey)?

11. andrewlee10

Monkey will likely release within this year.

Is in designing stage now.

12. andrewlee10

The monkey panda will release in Oct or Nov 2015. Design have firm within next week. However, it will not publish so fast.

Pre-order within this month or next.

Expect more information will release within next 2 to 3 weeks like planned mintage, first batch mintage and so on.

There are 3 versions for the Panda goat silver, silver antique and Gold. Mintage 299, 99 and 19 ( to confirm) respectively.

Monkey panda silver proof will be higher than 299, silver antique and gold versions mintage likely maintain the same.

The panda goat first batch mintage is 9 pieces which Bob and me will keep 4 pieces. The size is 50 gram and 30 mm. All to be confirming within these month. Price yet to confirm which likely double the price of baby panda gold. 1-2 keep by mints and internal circulation. 3-4 will be selling in market. The balance might mints if the demand is good.

Private message me and BOB if keen on the gold panda.

13. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, here is an update on the GOLD LUNAR PANDA (GOAT).

The initial planned mintage of gold panda gold was 30. However, my partner Andy has coordinated with all parties to make this medal more valuable and rare, so the planned mintage has become 19 instead of 30. The Mint will produce 9 pieces, which were privately sold to lucky, Andy and me. There will also be an additional 1 to 4 pieces on top of 9, that will be minted for Mint to have for safe keeping and VIP's in the future. Hope this information is helpful. Please email us or PM us, or go on our website, www.chinesemedals.com. When the Panda Monkey comes out, it will obviously be less expensive to order from our website vs. eBay. Be on the look out.

Keep in mind, going forward, the Lunar Panda Series will have Silver Proof, Antique Silver, and Gold, as mentined above by Andy. This series promises to be one of the most popular in the world. Am I biased? Perhaps. But I've seen the Monkey renderings from many of the mints around the world, and I have to say, I believe the Lunar Monkey coming out (yes, we've seen the actual drawings) combined with the Panda (yes we've seen the actual drawings), is one of the best I've seen so far. Time will tell if you agree or not, after all, art is 'beauty in the eyes of the beholder.' :)

14. andrewlee10

Hey all,

I have few enquires of the 2015 gold panda goat.

As informed early, estimate 10 mints out of 19 planned mintage. 3 keep by me and Barsenault. 3 sold to customers and 2 keep by mints. This means left 2 for sell. Please notes that the mints has right to mints the balance of 9. However, we yet to hear any news.

The release price will USD6,500. I believe it will go higher in ebay after stock level depleted.

Hope this information is helpful. Please pm me if need pre-order for it.

Payment 60% deposit and balance before shipping.

Estimate shipping time is end September. However, hope everything no delay.

15. andrewlee10

LUNAR MONKEY PANDA INFORMATION.

This is the second medal of the series. It will be three monkey (dad, mom and kid) like the goat last year. The panda will change design. NO actual design photo available at this moment. Estimate shipping end Oct or later.

Plan Mintage is likely to be 499 due to the popularity of the silver panda goat among collectors. We discuss with Mints to up the plan mintage from 299 to 499 for the monkey panda silver proof.

First batch will mints 400 pieces which mints will keep 100 pieces for collection and retails. Likely 5 dealers appointed to carry the balance of 300 pieces of the Monkey panda medal. It will be available at ebay, their webpages and physical stores.

The release price will between USD 180 - 188 in webpage and higher in ebay due to ebay fee and so on.

As at now, mints and dealers has sold around 230 pieces. Another 170 left before launching.

Barsenault and me decide to invite SS member to pre-order the medal at USD182 or SGD 255 including shipping. (we do not ship certain countries). Max order per customer is 1 piece due to low stock level. Payment by paypal gift/family. Will invoice end August 15 and payment in full. Only less than 10 pieces will offer for pre-order here at this moment. You need to buy from the webpage and other dealers after this offer end.

If other appointed dealers would like to join in this offer which preorder qty will increase. I will checking with them.

Cheers

16. andrewlee10

Gold panda goat left 1 for sell.

17. andrewlee10

silver proof Monkey left 3 pieces for pre-order.

18. picturefun

picturefun Member

Please hold one for me, I need to know where to send the payment. I am in the U.S.

19. andrewlee10

silver proof panda monkey 2 left for pre-order.

20. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

What does it look like?