Metal Detecting on Hamilton Island + Interesting side story.

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by zachary898, Jul 2, 2015.

1. zachary898

zachary898 Member

Hello Silver stackers,

I recently went to Hamilton Island to visit family and while i was there i took the X-terra 705 for spin, I made a 5min of some of my finds.

Spoiler Alert: I found over $50 in Australian gold coins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RraOO5n8jc

Side story:

While i was metal detecting at the other side of the island some guests approached me and told me they lost their wedding ring while here on holidays. I offered to help them find it the next day. The following day i got them to mark out a possible area it could have been lost in and i started detecting. I spent about 1 hour looking for it and found a couple of coins and a little bit of rubbish but unfortunately i couldn't find it even though i covered more than the area marked out. They offered me $50 for trying and i refused telling them i was happy to do it for free but they insisted i have the money, so i gave in and took it :p ( that's 2oz of silver!). They also explained they could of lost it else where that day while jet skiing ect.

I also didn't have enough good weather to do the whole beach, i maybe covered 5% so if you're going there on holidays take your detector and if any of the staff ask you what you're doing say you lost your wedding ring the day before.

2. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Great editing and great entertainment.

Thanks.

3. zachary898

zachary898 Member

Ahaha no worries Bone yard, my friends and family got a good laugh out of it :p

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What a location to go fossicking?!