NGC Releases Tokens and Medals Census

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by mmissinglink, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Elkslayer132

Elkslayer132 New Member

Congrats, great results

2. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

You see, I told you no worries! ;)

Some carriers have option that you receive a text or a email for every status change in tracking system. I always use this. You can see if the item was delivered and in some cases even who singed for it, etc.

3. Elkslayer132

Elkslayer132 New Member

Got this back today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Oh My God! Stunning and perfect! Congratulations on such a rare high grade. I am very jealous in a happy-for-you way! :)

The 2014 Great Wall World Heritage medal was the first I purchased in this series....and it is still my favorite medal of this series so far. All the medals in this series are spectacular, beautiful works of craftsmanship but the Great wall medal is my first love of this series. I love the little doorway / window in the medal....makes it quite unusual for a medal.

Wow...I have to look at that medal a few more times....what a great conversation piece that will be and probably will be very desirable over time.

Edit: Your not so good quality pictures don't do this spectacular medal any justice at all. Just saying...I am not meaning to be insulting.

5. Elkslayer132

Elkslayer132 New Member

Yes crappy camera and lighting i know but that's all i got for now, no insult taken. This was the one that started me collecting Medals i was too late to the game to get the first 2 in the series but maybe some will show up in the future. I have all the brass though and i am thinking of sending them in for grading too.

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

That's very cool and interesting that this was your first Chinese medal.

The moment I saw a picture of this Great Wall medal on ebay, I knew I had to buy one immediately...so I did. It was brass and I shared some pics privately with Barsenault and shortly thereafter, he bought his Great Wall medals.

Incidentally, I really like the video Barsenault did of his Great Wall medal....you must have seen it I'm sure.

I can't believe the amazing luck you have Elkslayer that your first medal was graded a perfect 70....it's a really good omen I think....really good. With that kind of special luck, you should buy the entire series and have them graded. :)

7. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, I love the series. For sure. Thanks to Missing for intro'ing me to the series. I think that has to be one of my favorite Great Wall medals from an artistic appeal. There are obviously others that have history and age that are more desirable, for sure. But as far as high relief and details of this medal. All I can say is wow.

Elkslayer...congrats my friend. Kudos to you. That is awesome. That has to be worth some serious bling. Not that you're selling it, but it sure is a nice piece!!

8. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member