We've done a profile of the Golden Enigma coins as they seem popular

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Jun 16, 2015.

1. scott

scott New Member

The same can be said of those "Awful" burning coins. Most of those same big worldwide dealers are trying to get their hands on all of them they can.:)
    I'm not an active posting member here but do frequent the site and very much enjoy the AgAuNEWS posts and blogs, it's some of the best information out there. You certainly should cover things that interest you but I do think journalistically it is a mistake to ignore and especially so to ridicule a product that has brought a lot of excitement to our little hobby/obsession/business.

2. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

3. Luker

Luker Member

[​IMG]

Thoughts on this after-market enhancement/ modification? I generally don't go for this sort of thing, and yes it is very pricey ($189 CDN/$151US/ 96 pounds/136 Euro), but given the others in the series have done ok, and this one is limited to 500 (whereas the others have been 5,000 I believe) , I purchased one on pre-order to likely flip. (The original coin (unaltered) has a mintage of 1,000,000.

Cheers,
    Luker

On PRE-ORDER

http://www.thecoinshoppe.ca/2011-1-...night-the-wolf-ruthenium-finish-and-24k-gold/

ONLY 500 PIECES WORLDWIDE!

This us a beautiful new series of Wildlife at Nightblack with a very low mintage of 500 coins. The first coin of the series features The Wolf in gold, and the background of the coin all black.

The coin is completely plated with Ruthenium and partly with pure gold. The precious metal Ruthenium is a member of the Platinum Group and worldwide very rare. All this together with the luxury box and the noble certificate makes a perfect present and a worldwide searched collector's piece.

The coin's reverse depicts a beautifully designed Canadian timber wolf, with the moon and nighttime mountainside landscape behind this majestic Canadian predator.

Enhancement was done by a private mint in Germany.

Specifications

Special Features: Black Ruthenium and 24k Gold
    Mintage: 500
    Material: Pure Silver (99.99% pure)
    Finish: Brilliant Uncirculated with enhancement
    Weight: 1 oz
    Diameter: 38 mm
    Scope of Delivery: Luxury Box
    Certificate: Yes
    Face Value: $5 Dollars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I believe these coins are purely made for flipping. It's just me but I have no liking for colorized coins :p

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

It's good that they put that black stuff on there, because it is hiding a sea of white underneath. LOL. Trust me I know. I had a rack of these, and guess what? Yup they turned from a pristine silver to a sea of white. I have to admit this doesn't look that bad. I mean, I'm not buying it, but it looks okay.

6. Luker

Luker Member

I am assuming the finish lies somewhere between matte and glossy as in this brief video of an American Eagle with similiar finish. Can anyone here attest by virtue of owning any of the series? (They were 5000 of these "produced" so someone must have purchased...).

Cheers,
    Luker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skLdR_SWw18[/youtube]