Buying saffires in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Jewellery & Gems' started by Spode, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Spode

Spode Member

Anyone know of a shop selling stones in Brisbane open on the weekends? A friend wants one but she wants to browse hence the shop.

2. brisbanecoin

brisbanecoin Member Silver Stacker

There are a few but most are by appointment only as they would have to come in. 160 Queen st, Brisbane arcade there are a few Jeweller's in there or there is some gemstone dealers in 180 Queen st (The old NAB bank building) Just go to the through the door off to the left of the retail shop and you will see the directory) Or could always try the Sapphire Export at 81 Queen st.

They would probably be best phoning ahead as I'm not sure any of them are open on weekends without appointment. If she is looking for a Kashmir I know one dealer who has a few just over a ct @ $14,000 per ct. Really depends on size, origin and price, as they will be more at retail prices then wholesale.

If she knows roughly what size, colour, price range and possibly clarity, and acceptable treatments if at all I can look into some wholesale stones but they would be from a cutter and not a shop plus the cutter isn't around for another few weeks.

3. Spode

Spode Member

Thanks I will let her know.