panda

Discussion in 'Silver' started by copperhead, May 11, 2015.

1. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

So here we are well into 2015 , has any one yet got a conclusion over the non listing of fitness of coin.
    Hows this for a theory ... China wants to be number one , They have had there fill with Fiat . There coin is an arrogant
    indication there coins are real Fiat is not with no need to prove cause this is the next true money and it's coming to you
    sooner or later .

2. silvertracker

silvertracker New Member

You would figure someone would have tested one panda for the silver purity by now. I love the panda coin but no way am i buying a 2015 until its proven for its purity.

3. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I love the pandas as well but agree with silvertracker, i'm avoiding the 2015 coins so far.
    I've recently downsized my stack and when i rebuild I think that i'll generally be avoiding the smaller sized coins. Of all the smaller denomination coins though, i reckon i'd still be interested in the pandas.

4. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes:

5. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But apart from that, yes why is it taking so long?

6. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

7. picturefun

picturefun Member

As an owner of several Electronic scales, ALL I can say is you posted 3 videos from 3 dif. sources. Based on those, NO conclusion can be made, it is actually due to the inaccuracy of electronic scales, or it is really due to the real lack of silver content of Panda coins.

Electronic scales are NOT accurate.

8. picturefun

picturefun Member

self confidence is trending with the actual power. Read China's history since 1840, you should get your answer why it takes so long

9. 1ozTrOy

1ozTrOy New Member

:rolleyes: huh?

10. Niveka

Niveka New Member

It wasn't effluent, just a quick push wont fix it like you think. Maybe try applesauce.

11. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Lets get real ,
    We all know how intense the bullion market is
    Silver rounds - silver bars - silver coins - Fractal - Kilo
    Gold has an assortment of products to sell to the public also
    ONE of the most important Specs on a coin is .999 pure and weight .

Does that protect us from fakes - I say yes cause if you buy from a legitimate source
    there selling you on what the coin says .
    The coin needs no other documents to prove truth .

The pandas years down the road will have to be tested (visually ruined )
    when they are sold on the secondary market . As of now JMB provedent sure you can trust
    but I will not be buying a 2015 panda on Ebay

So yeah china was being arrogant
    And when you think about it ,
    the coin is what it is
    A Silver or Gold coin of currency
    There way of saying - get ready - get over it - PM currency .

12. tenchi

tenchi New Member

huh?

13. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

14. silvestor

silvestor Member Silver Stacker

The way I see it is that this could be a unique coin and it might drive the premium up as China might revert back to marking their coins as before, therefore I picked up a couple of these.

15. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

For your theory to be close to correct they would need to be close to spot, as they are not they are just a high premium spec play on future demand.. As they no longer display essay criterion they are that much easier to fake.. Went from bad to based in my books but premium may increase in the future if you can find someone that will be
    I've you are holding legit ones

For the record I don't buy any silver with a premium unless its antique numismatic

1for1

16. silvertracker

silvertracker New Member

I will like to see by years end how many of the 2015 Pandas actually sold and compared to previous year sales.

Also why hasn't anyone tested at least the silver in the 2015 panda's ? I would but every dollar is tight right now so whatever I spend on silver has to be authentic. The name is eluding me right now but there is a chemical that will tell if the coin has silver in it but it does ruin the surface of the coin.

My issue is at the moment is started to collect one panda for each year it was made so eventually I have to get one 2015 panda.

17. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Aha! I Got It! here is the concept . China is hording Copper SIlver Gold Metals and More metals .it's known to be true.
    I think there not fond of selling there gold and silver at current lows . 2011 that was excellent $47 - - then $38 $33 $28 ok also
    But this under $20 is lasting to long . So they knew this would aggravate and slow down sales . They want to keep there PM's
    particular at under $20 .
    So the brave and dedicated will buy pandas as such . The realist wont and thats fine with China, more for them to keep
    you tell me . They must be selling less , you here the conciseness of people and china had a winner in the panda
    to much of a winner as they must of decided

18. SilverBullet8241

SilverBullet8241 New Member

Bought 15 of them. They are nicer looking they my on goat, kook or koala. Yes there is a higher mintage this year I guess it's a risk. The lack of marking on it I am not too stressed about

19. SilverBullet8241

SilverBullet8241 New Member

Bought 15 of them. They are nicer looking than my on goat, kook or koala. Yes there is a higher mintage this year I guess it's a risk. The lack of marking on it I am not too stressed about.

20. Ouija

Ouija New Member

On most of the large dealers websites, there is a huge difference in price between the 2014-2015 Panda:
    http://www.apmex.com/category/28040/1-oz-silver-pandas

I understand that older products usually sell for a larger premium, but this is a very large difference.

Is it possible that the rumors about the new Pandas are driving up the prices of the older coins?

The decision to omit the weight and purity makings is disturbing. We have seen that the weights are inconsistent now we have wonder about the internal purity of the silver. This is an unacceptable state of affairs, and justified or not, the mere "doubt" will forever cast a "taint" of this particular mintage.

The Chinese ought to know better than to allow an under-weight coin to slip through their final inspection.

Although the weight of the silver contained is not enough to make any difference in its "melt value", these coins are not purchased for their weight alone. The high premiums charged for such coins, mean that they are valued for other reasons, unrelated to their weight.

I don't believe that the Chinese mint would risk fouling their own credibility by intentionally short-changing their buyers, but they must have known that leaving the weight and purity marks off the coin, they would only be inviting speculation and suspicion.