The 2015 Panda

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by copperhead, Jan 10, 2015.

1. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

Does anybody know of an Australian dealer who is selling the 2015 silver Panda??? Anybody with a couple to sell me?

2. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

Thanks for the info.

4. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why not buy slab?

5. upandaway

upandaway Member

Guys, I could do with some impressions of these coins. I bought my first 2015 silver panda yesterday. It appears somewhat strange to the eye to me in as much as the frosted section below (where the weight and purity used to be) seem stained/shadowed and the same at the top as if playing tricks with the eye; I haven't worked out which yet. Never noticed it on previous years.

Apologies for being vague, but it's not easy to describe. It's like the frosting isn't a constant colour throughout the area it is done yet when I shift the coin in the light it doesn't really appear to change much like the staining is still there. Wondered if anyone else has noticed this?

I started wondering if it was fake but I bought it from a reputable dealer. I was considering a larger purchase but have to say it does very little for me from the panda to the general impression of it in the hand. Then again I thought the same of the 2012 and look how that has firmed up!

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

You might consider taking pics and uploading to the forum. Or taking a close up video and uploading to YouTube then share the link here.