Silvers Dismal 5 Year Performance

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverDJ, Apr 18, 2015.

1. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Silver has had a very dismal 5 years performance in both USD and AUD. 1 year of quick rise and then 4 years going down down down.
    Where will go from here?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gold in AUD has fared much better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver's price decline seems concurrent with monetary easing policies which I thought should have been a positive for price.

3. SilverDJ

So completely the opposite to what should have happened? That doesn't bode well...
    Will it take a SHTF scenario or *insert market crisis* to boost silver again I wonder?

4. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't know what should have happened, just what I naively assumed would have happened. Now, I am wondering if QE was actually positive for prices in that they would have fallen even more without it. So as the impact of QE recedes, could prices crash?

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

That "Quantitative Easing" was a scam invented by the monetary policy makers (read: central planning thieves) to make people with savings waste their savings on certain products whose prices were / are temporary driven up by the monetary policy makers.

The central banks blocked the spending of the money they produced to make their monetary aggregates bigger. The prime goal central banks had with such bigger monetary aggregates was / is to donate new money only to selected, something that was previously done along different interest rates manipulation, but since these are linked to various "adjustments" (wages, savings), the risk was / is high that new money actually "leaks" into undesired hands. It's much easier to add money than to remove it.

Silver buyers had during 2004-2011 a "get less and less" period, and during 2011-2014 a "get more and more" period.
    Silver sellers had during 2004-2011 a "get more and more" period, and during 2011-2014 a "get less and less" period.
    The saver that beats the central planning choses both "get more and more" periods.
    The saver that is beaten choses both "get less and less" periods.
    What does not bode well... <complete sentence here>
    What bodes well... <complete sentence here>

7. HateFiat

HateFiat New Member

@Holdfast (or anyone else who can answer my question) - how do you tell when is the right time to flip from silver to gold or from gold to silver?

8. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

There is a good chart around here somewhere.
    If you hold tight i bet ya House will post you directions.
    I am pretty sure the chart would say NOW is a great time to be swapping gold for silver.
    Or to focus on silver now and leave gold as a now and then purchase.
    Of course many here would also say the best time to swap gold for silver is NEVER.
    I personally like the idea of trading a wee gold coin for a big pile of silver, though this is unlikely as i do not really do trades .
    But i have never had the opportunity so i guess faced with the option i may well take the silver.
    I am always amazed though when i do sell gold and silver at the same time.
    For you take a big HEAVY bag of silver and swap it for cash, yet i would take 2 rings off my fingers and get the same amount of cash.
    I like both, but gold clearly has an immense amount of dense value .
    31.1 gm of silver =$20 note , 31.1gm of gold =77 $20 notes.

9. HateFiat

HateFiat New Member

I turtle-heading give up.

And stupid forum is screwing around with my curse words. Mother trucking bloody forum.

10. Holdfast

Have you ever taken up your favourite Rifle or Bow?

It's a feeling of comfort that many folk never understand.

Sometimes folk who love a hobby or way of life can predict;...most times when others are asleep, I'm hunting.

Check the timings of my posts, you'll notice that when others are asleep in Australia I'm watching.

I suppose it's keenness. ;)

Edit

Also, I keep detailed Excel which allows me to disregard the BS as in the OP. :lol:

11. SilverDJ

Really?
    [​IMG]

Looks pretty poor to me.
    You've barely made anything today if you bought at average late 2000's levels, and failed to sell on the 2011 rise.
    Gold was a much better performer over the same period.

12. HateFiat

HateFiat New Member

I have no idea what the hell you are trying to say, nor do I care. Every time I ask a question to try and learn something here I get a troll reply. Fuck it. When you no longer like coming to a forum, what's the point in staying around?

13. Holdfast

14. Holdfast

Ok.

15. HateFiat

HateFiat New Member

No troll reply for one? I think I am going to drop dead from shock! Seriously, being here has been a complete waste of time for me, I have learned next to nothing, and the best thing I can say about this forum is that it is the second most unfriendly place I have been on the net.

...Why am I even posting this? Who is going to give a shit what I say? Why did I even waste my time on bullion? I was born below the poverty line, I have lived below it my whole life (and only able to get nice things due to living below my means), and I will probably die below it. Why delude myself into thinking I can better myself with bullion or anything else for that matter?

16. Holdfast

Sorry, you feel that way.

I think, if you check back-posts that many folk are very helpful, in fact... they say more and help more than other forums.

Having said that, if you couldn't be bothered doing your own research and want everything on a plate from folk who have years of knowledge, then perhaps you may be better off some where else.

Most of us try to help, and we have; try using the search function which may assist in providing the outcomes you require.

Cheers

H

17. SilverDJ

Sadly, bullion will never get you rich, but it is a nice way to save money, and that can get you out of poverty.

18. Holdfast

That's BS!

Plenty of folk trade metal...you don't know how to.!

19. SilverDJ

Sure I do, I've made money trading metal, but it's not going to make me rich.
    Even if I traded $100K in metals a year and made a nice say 10% return by getting lucky and timing things right, that's $10K profit before capital gains tax.
    Nice bonus, but it ain't going to get me rich, I earn vastly more than that by working for living.
    And then there is the very real chance the market goes nowhere for a long time, or down.
    And no, I don't want a 2nd job buying and selling metals F2F and flipping coins on ebay etc getting a small margin per trade, thanks.

Why don't you tell HateFiat just how he can trade metals to make him rich then? Remember, he has very little money.

How much money do you earn a year trading metals? And how much time do you spend at it?

20. HateFiat

HateFiat New Member

The search function? You think I haven't already tried that!?

And I think I would be better off elsewhere. Why stay when the only way I can get polite answers is to be a rude prick to others?

Good day. Que mockery for "I am leaving the forum for ever!"