Will we see $14 silver again

Discussion in 'Silver' started by leon1998, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

You were wrong.

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

"Were" is past tense, and it is true that USD $14 wasn't hit in 2015. But 2015 is far from over and I think leon may be vindicated as USD $14 is likely this year.

4. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

After all just wait long enough.....ignore all intervening price movements. Four months later...wrong....but any reasonable interpretation of such a prediction would be that without any specified timeframe it referred to imminent movements.....a prediction that was made in December 2014. Anyone trading based on it would have a loss.

I'd love to see the mathematics behind the '80%' certainty.

5. Sonic

Sonic New Member

Right so it's OUR fault, once again. Many Americans are waking up to the fact that this is no longer a democracy, it's quite frankly an aristocracy. The rich buy the politicians. The people are only given an illusion of power, that their vote will make some difference in the nation or even the world. This simply isn't true, at least not anymore. There are a ton of things the American people want changed, but it never happens (despite promises which we voted for). The vast majority of the people in our nation (the ones that know about it) do not agree with corporations dodging income tax, but it hasn't changed. A lot of these corporations are heavily involved in politics themselves. What power or control do "we the people" really have against that? And that's just one example, of which there are many. Democracy right? American dream on...

A lot of people still don't believe this (it's not a matter of belief) because they don't want to hear it. They still want to believe they're living in a fairytale America where the everyday Americans call the shots. They don't want to feel duped. It's understandable, ignorance is bliss. But dream time is fading and more and more people are waking up to the truth, and we're just as pissed off as you. Actually I think we deserve to be pissed off a little more than you. The fact that you are not even an American and you believe "it's all their fault because they vote" shows your level of understanding.

I may not have all the answers to the big problems. I'm just one pawn in the game. But at least I know what a lot of the problems are.

6. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Geez, Sonic, I actually thought you were an Aussie !

Sorry about that :)

7. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I can't speak for others who I don't know well, but 1 year, in my view, is really not a long time frame for those who are stacking physical silver as what that stacker may see as a means of long term protection against devaluing fiat. Besides, I don't think leon was presenting himself as a bonafide pm investment expert. I cut him slack because I believe his comment was based on overall sentiment in the markets. This year, even the US Mint silver bullion sales have been way down from the previous couple of years. Sentiment toward silver is not rosey right now it seems. USD $14 silver may very well be hit this year.....certainly more likely that USD $41 silver.

8. Niveka

Niveka New Member

It's posts like these that are just depressing and spoil the fun. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all. I'd write a longer retort but Dr. Phil is about to come on and I need to catch it before we go to the early bird all-you-can-eat buffet.... Need to go change into my stretchy pants, ttyl... :rolleyes: