RSC silver.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Dusty

Dusty Active Member Silver Stacker

Sonic or Brian is that you? Were are my 60 rounds you still owe me from 2011 :) only joking mate...

Really your correct about one thing the coins are nice and should really bring a premium but I'd still be happy to melt some down into a bar.

If you really want some I'll be putting a few up for Auction tomorrow and in them will be a DIRHAM and a 2010 cat which are really really really rare.

Looking forward to your bids ;)

2. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Open to overseas bidders, if paid in AUD or USD..?

If so, will there be enough rounds available to make shipping costs worthwhile to the buyer? :D

3. Dusty

There should be enough to go around and open to overseas bidders at there cost for postage.

4. wa22a87

wa22a87 Member

I'm thinking of getting rid of mine also dusty.
    I wonder what a full silver series would go for??
    All years of cats, macaws, monkeys, dirham and anacondas. 9 rounds I think in total. I would have to dig them out to see.

5. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

I could go for something like that..

Sets of 1 each of whatever one has available would be pretty hot. :cool:

Even if it's not the full series.

Assuming they're in good shape, of course..

6. Dusty

Has anyone got the full series ?

7. Sonic

Sonic New Member

Such and such HAS no place here, and neither DOES such and such. Or let's do it your way: Such and such has no place here, and neither has such and such.

Yeah, I think my way is correct. Plus you missed an apostrophe, I'll let you look for it. I didn't mean to thank your post, by the way.

Dusty I also didn't mean to thank yours, but that was just simple misuse of a smartphone. I wasn't trying to quote you. I just wanted to let you know so you don't expect me on your bids. I'm in USA for one and I haven't made my mind up about this regardless.

Edit: I also quoted the wrong one Clawhammer, but you get the idea: I win. (Mental note added to not get on the forums immediately after waking up)

8. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Being contrarian is good as a general principle but I'm not sure your direction is the right one......I would not give these boys my money.

9. Sonic

Sonic New Member

I was also not aware they still owe thousands of dollars to anyone. Everything I've read thus far suggests that all coins were (eventually) delivered. I haven't read anything about investor money being owed and not paid. I'm not saying it's not true, just that it's something I hadn't factored in yet as I have not read it anywhere but here just now.

10. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Yeadh but SME investing is for those with trained and experienced auditors beside them....what are their last tax filings like? Just quickly looking at it they are registered in Panama? Who audits their books? The whole 'club' thing screams no to me is that what you are thinking of?

If you sepak Spanish which I do not here is the site for Panamanian companies.

https://exposingtheinvisible.org/resources/obtaining-evidence/panama-registry/

You need to analyse that their returns are in order and have a private detective run a background check on the people who registered it. After that proceed to analyse the tax return annual filings and who audits them. Then you get them to pay your own auditor to run their books and get guarantees based on the directors privately owned assets in jurisdictions that you can enforce a claim in.

My instincts say there is nothing good in this and you have almost no chance of doing well by it.

11. Sonic

Sonic New Member

It's very doubtful that I will now. I may read up on them from time to time (like once a year). If they grow and become more professional and branch out in the future I might consider it again. I'm just not convinced they intended from the start to be this shady company that rips people off. If that's the case then has anyone actually checked the authenticity of the purity of their coins? If their coins are as pure as they claim, then that would suggest to me they at least wanted to be a reputable company with a unique edge on the market. Maybe they just bit off more than they could chew. Regardless of how or why, I appreciate the input.

Their coins might still be worth something some day, but they might not ever be well known enough for that to happen either. It's a risk, no matter how I look at it. Oh well, it was just something to consider.

12. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Nothing wrong with being contrary...added in edit in last post but just dumping it here again. Any private investment should follow this (along with meeting their bankers)

If you speak Spanish which I do not here is the site for Panamanian companies.

https://exposingtheinvisible.org/resour -registry/

You need to analyse that their returns are in order and have a private detective run a background check on the people who registered it. After that proceed to analyse the tax return annual filings and who audits them. Then you get them to pay your own auditor to run their books and get guarantees based on the directors privately owned assets in jurisdictions that you can enforce a claim in.

My instincts say there is nothing good in this and you have almost no chance of doing well by it.

13. Sonic

Sonic New Member

Thanks Oldsoul, you definitely know way more about this than me. I've never invested in ANY company before so I don't know these ins and outs. I have, however, had ideas for investment even when I was in high school that would have indeed paid off big by now had I actually done them. Now perhaps I'm a bit too eager to find the next gold mine, when the things I thought of before were much more obvious and a lot of people were jumping on those ships around the same time. They weren't really unique ideas, it's not like I chose Apple when they had penny stocks. I chose them right after the first iPod came out, still would've paid off at this point, but it wasn't very original. I did however predict how popular energy drinks would become, before Monster even existed (I was thinking of Red Bull at the time). But, again, I've never actually made money like this.

The only other stock investment idea I had didn't turn out to be as good. It was for an economics class, we had a very limited amount of time to try to make a 'profit', so I had to choose a company I thought was bound to make a profit soon. I chose Anheuser-Busch because the Super Bowl was around the corner and I'd heard that the Super Bowl is America's biggest drinking day, even more so than the holidays. Plus they produce the most popular American beer, especially for the Super Bowl. But, and I still don't understand why, this idea failed entirely. So I guess that's my one pretend experience with short selling. Maybe 2 out of 3 made me cocky and eager to actually try to see what I can do with my money. This is just the first idea I've had in a long time. I've decided I might buy penny stocks just to learn how to play the game, before I take a chance and lose and become depressed over it. I really can't afford to invest a whole lot right now anyway, so that's probably for the best.

14. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sonic, You're a troll !

15. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

Well this thread shows one member owed coins, thus the company has violated their contractual agreement with them, and sold memberships on false advertising.
    And this forum doesn't show other investors who are not forum members who were burnt by RSC.
    So now that you have read it do you still think its a company worth investing in?

16. Sonic

Sonic New Member

On YouTube, occasionally. Here I'm just the fool on the hill, seeing the sun going down, and the eyes in my head see the world spinning 'round!

To anonmiss, no I probably won't invest in them. But remember, I never said anything about entrusting my money directly to the people in the company. I was considering buying shares in the company. As for their coins, I'd probably shop around and get them somewhere else. If choosing to do something risky, I would do my best to minimize the risk.

Maybe this wasn't the best idea I've ever had. I've all but admitted that already. But who knows what the future holds? Perhaps with better management and marketing, they could build a better reputation and stronger clientele in years to come. Or maybe this controversy will haunt them forever and they will fizzle out. I try to keep my mind open to different possibilities :)

17. jcz1

jcz1 Member

Sonic, this company doesn't actually exist any more, so there's nothing to invest in, nothing to follow. The fact that the website still lives is strange, but there's nothing behind it.

Although you can go through the entire purchase process, your credit card will never get charged. I tried this about 2 years ago myself, with the exact same prices as today.

So what you are seeing is the ghost of the company. The company is dead.

18. Sonic

Sonic New Member

That is interesting jcz1, thank you for the info! I tried to dig up some info on them but all I really found was their website, and more links to our forums here of people talking about them. Makes sense now! I'll probably get some of their old coins one of these days. The fact that they're dead means the coins are probably already pretty rare. I imagine this whole story could be hyped up real good for a sale 10-20 years from now.

I wonder when they were shut down. It's odd that their 1oz coin prices are pretty competitive with current spot price (a couple bucks higher than an ASE on APMEX). I thought this was strange at first because I had read they demanded a higher premium, but I chalked it up to them not doing so good and lowering their prices.