who else lowered subscription on 5 oz atb coins

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Jkenosh, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Jkenosh

Jkenosh New Member

I used to get 2 of each since I started stacking in 2014. I know that I can get more bulk bullion for the money but I like them. With the price increase for subscribers it seems like they are getting overpriced. Has any else lowered their subscriptions.

2. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Didnt even bother this year--plus this years designs are terrible for the most part

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I intend to collect the entire series but I no longer have a subscription...I just order them piecemeal from the mint as they are released. I subscribed because of the discount....like probably most.

4. db23

db23 Member

Why maintain a subscription at all if there is no discount?

5. Jkenosh

Jkenosh New Member

I subscribe for convienece. Its a valid point though why subscribe with no discount

6. picturefun

picturefun Member

The main point to subscribe is NOT to get returned coin. Piecemeal ordering from the U.S. Mint often times could end up getting coins returned by others. Not always, but possible.

Although subscription also has no guarantee. Some big dealers may also subscribe in big quantity, get them, screen them, return those could not get 69-70 grade. and the Mint may just send them out again to other individual buyers

7. TexasSilverBandit

TexasSilverBandit Member

I have put together TWO Full sets starting in April or May of 2014 , it was hard and expensive going back, but now I am caught up. I obviously get 2 to fill my fancy APMEX Display BOX. Last coin I got 7 total, and was going to keep getting this number, but of course, just as I start collecting these and finally getting them for a normal price, the discount goes away! It is kind of stupid of them to remove the discount, but it is what it is. Anyway I lowered this purchase to TWO, that's it.

Of course it doesn't matter what the design is, it is still going to be purchased by me and everyone else who is collecting them! Sure, we ALL hope we get a Hawaii again and buy a bunch extra, but it is hard to gauge what is going to be the success, most of it is a product of Mintage Numbers, Low = Good!

Anyway, it is a cool set and I recommend anyone collecting the set to buy the APMEX Box, it is worth it and an easy way to store the coins, then of course, you have the empty boxes to keep. LOL Anyway, I think MANY lowered their number as it makes ZERO difference to the buyer. They aren't sold out immediately like a Perth Mint Coin, so if it is a cool design, you can always buy more for the same price as anyone else.

I guess the Mint realizes that 30,000 mintage is always going to get reached, no matter if they sell it at 10% off, or at list. However, I think they alienate some customers in the quest to make a little more margin. Oh well, I am still getting these as I am stuck with it. LOL I just wish they would take care of us a little better. Mine already shipped out!

8. mmissinglink

The US Mint claims that they do not put collector coins that have been returned by customers due to quality problems back onto the shelf for re-sale. Whether this is true I don't know....it's just what they claim.

9. milkyspot

milkyspot Member

this years design suck bigtime, i am out of the series

10. mmissinglink

Crappy design = low sales = key issue? It's happened before with other coins.

And yes, the first 2015 coin's design appears hideous...at least the illustration of it that the US Mint uses.

11. TexasSilverBandit

TexasSilverBandit Member

They will still sell, no matter what the design is.