New to Silver

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Danmon, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Danmon

Danmon New Member

Hi all, just saying hello.

I've been browsing this site for a short while and have now registered. I brought my first silver at the end of January ( pool unallocated at ABC Bullion), having researched it a bit more I may have been better off buying some actual silver, bars or coins, what do you think? My thinking was that there was a smaller spread associated with unallocated, so I had a better chance of my investment going up in time.

I'll be in the market to acquire some more soon and was wondering what to get. I'm going back to the UK in a few months and was wondering if there are any coins from Australia that are sought after in the UK that I could take a few over and flip them just to feel that I am winning?

2. Spyder

Spyder Member

Welcome aboard.

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome!

I have unallocated, allocated and physical, they all have their place. If you intend to buy it and then sell it when the spot rises then you might as well not worry with physical silver, you lose money on the postage, unallocated is just fine.

It depends where you are going to sell them in the UK, not sure of the set up, you might be able to buy them here and sell them with a 20% mark up in the UK as people are used to the VAT on silver coins. If you are selling to a dealer they might only offer you spot, no matter how exotic.

I would buy junk silver over here and sell it over in the UK, it is cheap here but might be a novelty over there, if you can find someone who wants it.

4. silver addict

silver addict Active Member Silver Stacker

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome :)

Physical and Unallocated both have their pros and cons so depends what you want to do with it. My core stack is phys but I also have Unallocated as its easier to convert to cash if needs be. Also don't have to pay for the storage which can be quite expensive with phys.

6. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Hi and welcome.

7. Boyscout

Boyscout Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks Ozboy, i had missed 1

Welcome