Buying on the weekend?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by cfcbryan, Feb 28, 2015.

1. cfcbryan

cfcbryan New Member

Not much going on tonight so I was gonna fish around online and buy something that catches my eye. Is there any downside to buying on a Saturday? Am I better off ordering during market hours? Looking to buy small amount of bullion (maybe hundred bucks or so). Any ideas?

2. leon1998

leon1998 Member

I am expecting $15ish spot in the next few weeks.

If you can find a deal which reduces premium by more than a $1 per oz, you can go for it.

:p

3. cfcbryan

cfcbryan New Member

That's a bummer. Was hopin to get Something. Thanks for the info!

4. BoliverT.

BoliverT. New Member

There is no down side to buying on the weekend from my experience in buying at this time with only buying as you say, a hundred bucks worth of coins or bars any movement up or down would be minimal on any buy you make.

FYI If you are new to buying silver or gold, no one I know of can predict future priced of precious medals or anything else accurate from my experience. Hell look at the 2012 end of the world predictions, well here it is 2015 the world is still here, look at the historical other doom and glooms being predicted for thousands of years, none I know of have ever happened as they said it would. In a few words do what you feel in right for you, you are the one who has to live with your decision!

5. Spyder

Spyder Member

JM Bullion has free shipping with $100 minimum. If you keep your eyes open, they frequently have sales for $0.79 over spot for any qty with free shipping. I think they announce a new weekly sale every Monday. Not sure that it helps you for weekend buying, but definitely a good deal for buying $100 at a time.

6. cfcbryan

cfcbryan New Member

Ya I usually order thru jm. Haven noticed the Monday specials. Maybe I'll wait. See how the night goes and if I stumble across something I REALLY want Thanks guys

7. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

The problem is although you know full well dealers raise their prices just slightly for the weekend of "No Trading" in the exact same way as money exchangers all over the world fix exchange rates higher at noon on a Friday, you think you are getting hit harder, but truth is by Monday trade the price could go either way again same as any other day!

I have bought almost all my stash on a weekend from either SS members or dealers. It gives you the extra time at a fixed price to really think about your purchase which in my mind is better than the chance of a a small premium saving on a rushed ill thought out buy :)

Sorry just to add I only buy small like yourself so the few dollars either way is rather irrelevant in some ways :cool:

8. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Silver was hammered from overnight high of 16.7, all the way down to 16.3

We will see 15.5 really soon.