APMEX Gods of Olympus style 'EXODUS' coin revealed

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Dec 16, 2014.

1. silvermed

silvermed New Member

These are gift boxes. The Master Leather case is said to be released soon that holds the entire 2015 six coin set. Perfect answer to the bulk packaging issues we have.

2. jackburton

jackburton New Member

i hope they do TOWER OF BABEL!!! BOOYAH

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will, but you won't recognize it with all the busy-ness of the details like the Exodus coin. :D They'll probably have a gazillion little people running around building the tower to the heavens...and 10 billion clouds that the building is reaching towards...and 20 billion rock windows....and 50 billion...well, you get my point. LOL.

4. jackburton

jackburton New Member

i believe it all depends on which particular piece of artwork they select for the rendition

5. Sully

Sully Member

exactly right.
    Personally i don't find the exodus overly busy anyway.
    The purpose is on the event, the larger scene.
    It was necessary to give an impression of the multitudes involved, as in the story.
    I think they managed a fine depiction of the piece of artwork they chose.

6. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

Totally agree. It's a big spectacle scene that's very well depicted. Nice coin.

7. SilverSiren

SilverSiren Active Member

Respectfully (I enjoy your site!), I couldn't disagree more. They would have been better off having Moses more prominently displayed, using a viewpoint of being right behind him looking at the red sea. It would have still been grandiose, but with a central, well defined design element on the coin. What they did go with isn't very well depicted at all, you can tell that just by looking at the artwork it was based off of. Add horrid packaging, too many coins planned, and an unrealistic price point, and Exodus becomes the not so little coin that couldn't. I think they could have done much better all around and maybe then the series would have been a hit right out of the gate . . . maybe. As it stands, exodus coin sales continue to creep along very slowly, with 6 coins per year planned, I don't even see them selling out by the time the next coin in the series is released!

8. barsenault

Yes I agree. They could have done a much better job. I love my bible...and look forward to seeing future editions. I hope there are some that are out of this world....hit it out of the park images....I'll be a buyer...not of the whole set though. :-(

9. silverflash

silverflash Member

Pokemon coin, in a pokeball case..

Just take my wallet already o.o*!

10. milkyspot

milkyspot Member

is it only me thinking that carring cottongloves for 2 ounces of silver packaged in a chinese made box is overplaying?

@silverpete thank you demonstrating how ridicolous the packaging is sized.

11. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

Well my comment was aimed at the coins design, so a strictly personal view, as is yours. There isn't a right or wrong, but obviously it's one that divides opinion.

Where we do agree is in the sheer number of coins. Announcing a set of six would've been the way to go. Announcing TEN sets of six wasn't, and will put off a lot of collectors who tend to like having completed sets. The packaging isn't a big deal as it's clearly designed for purchasers of a single coin. As others have said, a collectors box for the whole set will alleviate worries about storage, but any set comprising sixty coins will simply have to be of a certain size.

Not a coin for me regardless. My interest in religion ends at architecture.

Mik

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I totally agree. I have followed this thread hoping that someone would post actual video and pictures and that those videos and pictures would show something, even one thing, appealing about this coin's design. But alas, there is nothing appealing about the design or price (in my view) about this coin. The design is terrible. After all, bible themes can be compelling for collectors...why didn't they bother to create a decent coin?

This other new .999 pure silver coin (actually its a medal) (introduced by another member in a different thread here in the SS forum) is far, far, far better in terms of appealing design (in my view) and it's very symbolic to Americans and those who love birds of prey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heidi-Wastw...rg=20131230161411&rk=6&rkt=10&sd=171574696665

As for the Scottsdale/APMEX bible coin....I don't understand why, if they are going through the effort, energy, and expense of creating a series of coins, why didn't they bother to create a half decent first coin. It looks like vomit-design.

13. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Definitely one of my pet peeves with some of these guys in these YouTube videos..

Yeah, I put on one (nitrile) glove when putting coins in air-tites, when I've built up a few to warrant such a task.

But it's the *last* thing I do right before doing so -- NOT before even opening the damn mail package.. :lol:

I don't fault people for wearing one, though, should they choose.

At the appropriate time, that is..

14. barsenault

That round/medal has to be one of the nicest piece of art I have seen a while. Wowza.

15. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

60 for a series.... I stop my brake immediately after hearing this news.

Apmex except to target the people to buy and effort to buy for long term.

Will Apmex continue to mints if tis series die off half way? This another issue for collector to think before buying.

Personally I am not buying it at all.

16. barsenault

Yeah. Why didn't they say 10 OT and 10 NT...or just do a 10 coin series and then see the success of it and continue....this has failure written all over it! :)

17. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Resurrection.

18. Perth Bullion Company

Perth Bullion Company New Member

This is certainly not for all, judging by the polarised comments.
    However seeing it in person it certainly is another fine Scottsdale product, and definitely aimed at a certain collector, not every stacker.

For those Australian's interested we have stock in hand in Perth, available in store or online.

http://www.perthbullion.com/shop/detail/ssexodussco2/

19. atlonsa

atlonsa Member

The second coin Crucifixion through the lens of my camera.

Do not mind the coin of the series, but ... the quality varies greatly from one to the other coins. Before that, I took a client coin Exodus and it was good. A little later I'll post a photo another coin Exodus, which came to me sealed.

No, APMEX and Scottsdale - so it will not work. I do not want to play the lottery!

[​IMG]

20. atlonsa

atlonsa Member

So - jammed edge with access to the reverse for 10 hours.
    Traces of ring cutter on the obverse. These places without the antik finish.
    A Shame!
    [​IMG]

Perth Bullion - it's your coin. Do you have something to say about this "magnificent" coin for the collector? :cool: