I just got my First Kilo Pandas!

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by TexasSilverBandit, Feb 16, 2015.

1. TexasSilverBandit

TexasSilverBandit Member

I finally broke down and bought a 1 Kilo Panda. One was from China!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes! On EBay, but they had been in business 17 years and have 100% feedback. I am not sure how many KILO Pandas are faked??

I got a 2015 from China and then today, I just received another one, a 2014. I LOVE the 2013, but harder to find at a decent price.

Anyone want to trade my 2014 Panda KILO for a 2013, let me know. Besides this recent purchase, I only have (30) of the 2013 1 oz. Pandas. Oh ya, and I also have some 2014 5oz. pandas in route as well. The Kilo Panda is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It fits really TIGHT in the case, as the capsule is shaped like an octagon, I think it has more than 8 sides though, and the case si a circle, so you have to wedge it in there pretty tight. getting ti out, might be another story.

Very Cool Coins and now I am done in the Panda Department for a long while. I'm broke.

Bandit......................

2. 1ozTrOy

1ozTrOy New Member

Pics pls. The 2013 is my fav coin by far.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Kilo pandas are nice. Just make sure you take good care of them so they don't tone or develop milkspots. Those shiny surfaces are quite the magnet.

4. TexasSilverBandit

TexasSilverBandit Member

They are obviously in a capsule. It doesn't screw on as good as it should, it twists and kind of locks on the coin, it would be better if it actually screwed on better, like a real screw on capsule. It is amazing, the BOX is awesome, the Capsule looks cool, the coin looks great. It is a nice overall presentation.

I am going to make a necklace of out them, wear the 2014 on Odd days and the 2015, on Even Days.................................... LOL

Then when I get the 5 oz. I will use that to flip for head or tales when it is required. I just got BIT!!!!!! By the Panda............................... And I liked it!!!

2013 is my Favorite too! I want a Kilo, but too expensive. Again, maybe someone has several and wants to trade one day? I have only been stacking less than a year, so I am lucky to have these coins.

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice. What was the premium?

6. TexasSilverBandit

TexasSilverBandit Member

The Premium was my first born child. I paid under $1,100 for each one because I am famous and a movie star.

7. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

8. TexasSilverBandit

TexasSilverBandit Member

I worked a Private deal for the 2015, and it cost me $1,070 paying direct. It took some trust on MY part, but it worked out fine. The 2014, I got for $1,050 when silver went down one day last week and I didn't see milk spots, but I only looked for a second. I will enjoy it later, when I am in the mood. It was packaged amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took me 5 minutes to get through all the layers, AND, the coin was wrapped separately outside the box, great job!

9. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have 2013 but not for trade lol.

Big coin easy to get white spot overtime. Slab it fast.

Let me post my 13 kg, 5 oz and 1 oz this weekend

10. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Would love to get a 2014 Panda kilo (by far my favorite year, not even much of a Panda fan!), but just too rich for my blood.

The 5-oz is good enough for me, LOL.

They are nice in the larger sizes, plus decent packaging.

Congrats!