2000 Sydney Olympic 1oz Coins

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by ScottyRS, Feb 10, 2015.

1. ScottyRS

ScottyRS New Member

I thought I'd treat myself to a pair of 2000 Olympic coins which were on Fleabay but from a reputable seller.

After buying the pair (advertised in 'Mint Condition') I received them this morning.

[​IMG]

The design sides are in excellent condition. When removing them out the box and flipping to the queen size. The one coin has a small milk spot (which i can live with) but the other is in terrible condition. Around 1/3 of the queens side has a cloudy blemish and also what looks like a cloth that's been over it leaving light scratches.

This is the 2nd time now that someone on E-bay had advertised incorrectly. It's such a pain in the arse as I pay immediately and look forwards to my purchases (as we all do).

[​IMG]

The Seller has been replying to messages and does seem to be wanting to do a partial refund for the issue rather than a full return of the coins.

I shall let you guys know now I get on. It is another knock down but what can you do? At least i buy the vast majority from legit bullion dealers but these 'special' adhoc purchases are a complete gamble.

2. ScottyRS

ScottyRS New Member

I would just like to add there is a happy ending to this story. All resolved with seller. Cannot fault them for response. Just another 14 to get now but I'll probably buy the set aswell :) Great looking coins.

3. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am surprised that there was some milk spot on the coin.I have not seen any olympic coin with milk spot.I assume coin must have been removed and handled which would probably explain the scratches on the coin .

4. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lemon Juice,Baking Soda,Aluminium Foil and Boiling Water should sort out the blemishes

5. ScottyRS

ScottyRS New Member

The question being... should I risk it or just leave it alone... The other side is absolutley fine.

6. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

leave it alone..

7. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

Plus 2 leave it alone,& as dragafem I've never seen one with milk spots,I've also got the full set and they look great in the wooden case.

8. ScottyRS

ScottyRS New Member

I'll have another look at the other coin and see what makes me think it's a milk spot.

I'm on the look out for a full set with wooden case. Will be doing a few more overtime hours and switching my paper for a set :)

9. Danny-boy

Danny-boy New Member

Another UK resident with the full set here.

No milk spots, although I did reject a shark that had spots so it does happen, but it seems pretty rare.

10. ScottyRS

ScottyRS New Member

It's nice to hear they are popular. They are fantastic looking coins. I'm saving my spending money to buy the full set in wooden case (allowance signed off by the wife)

11. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I bought a couple last year, I can't see myself getting the whole set though so have been thinking about selling them but that said they are really nice coins.