A few words for you my compulsive counterparts

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Devils Metal, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Devils Metal

Devils Metal New Member

I am new to this forum and new to the "game" of PM storage. I have been at this for 6 weeks since I made my initial purchases. When I begin any adventure I study history, trends and attempt to best forecast what hopefully will be the logical outcome. What I have learned so far I believe some will agree. The premise of building wealth with silver will come more from you buying physical silver to appease your want to buy something. Other than any other item which for the most part will surely lose value or be consumed silver will solve that. Mans "want" will always be there and making that score gives you the adrenaline and the reward while at same time a feeling of building something or leaving your mark on the world. This is where I believe silver truly "shines" and ultimately will create wealth. I see many involved in this fragment of society me included are some what obsessive compulsive and super focus on "silver" as we must be focused on something anyway. So this is good news for us we get to study, spend , communicate to others about what we feel is relevant. Now to your questions on price and future here is what I feel are some good tips for you from what I have learned. Buy when silver is priced at $2.00 below the 100 day rolling average chart. Be very mindful of your exchange rates as for me our dollar fluctuates 25% to the U.S so when we go to par some years I will have lost that spread if I did buy. Silver's bottom will be in the $10.00 range and ignore those that discuss the cost to produce silver or what is silver used for such as electronic firms. I give a recent example that Japan uses tons of silver to make products they just buy Johnson Matthey as they did. Very simple 160 year old company eaten. What you need to do with your silver is over time when gold silver ratio gets close to 40:1 trade for gold. Then when it goes back to 70:1 get your silver back and more then at the next rally sell the extra silver. Another tip I have is avoid the coins and go bars only as when price rises you will never get your premium back and will have less silver to trade or sell. Although there is some merit to selling coins as prices drop as they do help in a downward spiral as the new obsessive compulsive people are entering the market or those few fell they need to buy that one piece to finish a collection of pretty pictures. I personally only buy RCM 10 oz bars with the odd maple as in the future the Chinese will infest the world with fakes and further add to difficulty selling. I won't get into the battles but, anti counterfeit measures will have a profound effect in the value of your silver in the future. As far as the future price being 10 years out I feel that silver will be $ 36.00 average and will have gone far above and far below that for those of us that want the trade with gold so time it right my friends. To close this one long winded message of mine just google my name and you will understand this game.

2. BigSteve

BigSteve New Member Silver Stacker

...and breathe. Welcome though.

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am new to this forum and new to the "game" of PM storage. I have been at this for 6 weeks since I made my initial purchases.

Virgin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHW5RVvg2v4[/youtube]

4. Niveka

Niveka New Member

shiny and new :)

5. chowdersilver

chowdersilver New Member

Welcome!

Have you ever considered incorporating paragraphs into your writing?

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Wall of Text - this must be a disciple of Pirocco. :)

Welcome to the forum Devil's Metal!

7. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with this post would be the "20 day ,moving average"
    If the best time to buy is "when silver is $2 below 100 day rolling average" would i not be stuck with a lot of expensive metal from $45usd and on down?

May i suggest you have another look at this blanket suggestion and have another look at your charts and see just how much metal you would have LOST MONEY on
    with this formula had you started in 2011.

On a positive note this forum is a great place to play.
    Edit: Fixing a quote regarding rolling average,Was 100 day and not the 20 day i wrote.

8. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

G'day and welcome :)

9. clear

clear Well-Known Member

?

10. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

Hello and welcome.

Don't worry, we have the full range of OCD here, including, dare I say, some pretty normal run-of-the mill buyers and sellers.

The main benefit is that people on the board have made every mistake imaginable, and are usually willing to talk about them. A large pool of experience is a wonderful thing.

11. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was just going click the "Say Thanks" button... but this comment deserves a round of applause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z571ByeNbPQ

12. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

AUD or USD?
    Even if USD, that's doubling your money over current price. That's only 7.2% per annum compounded over the next decade.
    Silver's not exactly great, huh?
    Welcome.

13. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Welcome! I am new to this as well but only small time with few ounces a month. I appreciate your study and observations and this one is true for me.

"The premise of building wealth with silver will come more from you buying physical silver to appease your want to buy something. Other than any other item which for the most part will surely lose value or be consumed silver will solve that. Mans "want" will always be there"

But silver in 5 years will only be worth $25US :)

14. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

We think we can know the future, but history shows that you can't.

15. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Very true! History shows us wars are won/lost or abandoned, the war on "Terror" will be neither.

16. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

I have been buying since 2006, and their really isn't a pattern in my opinion. I just picked up a coin magazine about buying gold and silver and it had some good advice about buying AT THE TIME. It's different year after year.

17. 18anstacking

18anstacking New Member

welcome, check out other investments to like gold and palidium, also id loveeee to see what you would say about investing in gems!
    but really welcome to the forum i hope you enjoy us.

18. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Wall of Empty Lines - this must be a disciple of the MoneyForNothing Club. :)

Welcome to the forum Devil's Metal!

The silver price is driven where other prices are driven to.
    Deviations are just temporary.
    Because profit is grabbed.
    Because a High Sale requires a High Purchasing Sucker.
    Because a Low Purchase requires a Low Selling Sucker.
    Some people treat other people as Suckers, and try to lure them into the Wrong Decision.
    Some treat other people as companions trying to evade the Theft.
    It's not the metal that is the devil.
    It's the Thief.

This can also be written like this:

Wall of Empty Lines - this must be a disciple of the MoneyForNothing Club. :) Welcome to the forum Devil's Metal! The silver price is driven where other prices are driven to. Deviations are just temporary.
    Because profit is grabbed. Because a High Sale requires a High Purchasing Sucker. Because a Low Purchase requires a Low Selling Sucker. Some people treat other people as Suckers, and try to lure them into the Wrong Decision. Some treat other people as companions trying to evade the Theft. It's not the metal that is the devil. It's the Thief.

Same message.
    Some don't like both, and focus on commas and periods as to avoid the Painful. :D

19. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just
    as
    you
    and
    I
    and
    all
    stackers
    will
    do