10 x 10oz Perth Mint Coins now or 1 x ASE Monster Box Later?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Niveka, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Niveka

Niveka New Member

I was about to buy 10 10oz coins from PM but then thought to myself, "save for 3 months and get another monster box..." what should I do?

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Both in April. :)

3. Theantifunie

Theantifunie New Member

Hmmmmm.... That's a hard one. For me, in my situation I would save up and get the monster box and then get the Perth coins. However, your situation may be different from mine. Either way your still building wealth!

4. GRETZKY427

GRETZKY427 Active Member Silver Stacker

Cant remember which forum member said it but any silver is better then no silver as you are ahead of the 96% people out there now buying/stacking silver.

Cheers, HAPPY STACKING :)

5. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

I wish I had such a problem ........
    Good luck with your solution :)

Personally, I like the monster box idea as it is nice and divisible if necessary.

6. chowdersilver

chowdersilver New Member

Neither, take a memorable trip.

7. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

It depends. All other things being equal and if you have a reasonable expectation that no significant financial changes will occur in your life between now and then (later) and if you believe silver spot will be lower later, then wait and get more silver for your fiat.

8. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Another monster box - please make sure you record and post a Youtube video of your efforts next time :lol:

9. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Just remember if you get another monster box your going to be forfeiting 5 hours of your life to magnet test and weigh them all...are you mentally prepared to go through that again haha

10. a1nipper

a1nipper New Member

Monster boxes are the way to go if you can afford it. Leave it mint sealed as those command big premiums
    years down the road

11. Niveka

Niveka New Member

I don't think Youtube would let me post a 5 hour video :) Although, I bet i could cut it down to 4 hours the second time around.

12. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Would be interested to see any proof of this. From my experience, sealed monster boxes attract minimal premium (.10/ounce extra) over tubes of ASEs.

13. Niveka

Niveka New Member

From my experience with the last one, anyone can have a "sealed" monster box. The ends of the straps were just heat pressed together and could be separated with a little care. I've saved the straps and the box and should I want a "sealed" monster box at any time in the future I would simply have to put the tubes back in the box and reattach the straps by putting on drop of superglue on the end of the strap and pressing the ends together again. It would be good as new, actually even better because all the coins inside would have their dates checked, weight checked, magnet tested, and ordered so that all the coins for face up and oriented in exactly the same direction :)

14. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

[​IMG]

Monster Stacker aka Niveka

15. BoliverT.

BoliverT. New Member

I assume you are a grown man my question is why would you ask other people what you should or should not buy? I like many others here, buy what I like or how much of what I like and can afford to buy, this way if things go down hill you can blame no one but yourself. Just saying although I could be wrong.

16. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I don't think it has anything to do with blaming others. I am a new stacker and value the opinions of many of the established stackers here since they have more experience than myself. In the end I make my own choices but like to weight it against thier input. I've avoided a few stupid decisions this way but have also made a few poor choices aswell haha.

17. Niveka

Niveka New Member

I'm just looking for opinions from more experienced people, that's all. No matter what anyone says I will always have nobody to blame but myself if things go south. I'm tempted by the PM 10oz coins because I could make a purchase today instead of waiting, they look cool and people say they can potentially gain value above and beyond spot. On the other hand, the practical side of me says that although having more ASE's is a bit boring, they would probably be easier to sell down the road and if I hold out and save for a monster box I will definitly be getting more oz for the money. I gues it's the typical battle between impulse vs pragmatism. Was just interested in other opinions on the subject. Oh, and yes I would consider myself a grown man, although new to stacking and I'm sure much farther behind the curve than most of you that have been doing this for a while. I wish I had been doing this for the last 10 years, I am now in the position of playing catch-up.

18. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Depends which 10-oz'ers..?

19. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

My guess would be ,so you can actually tell (anonymous)people that you are getting new toys without having to worry about them coming to burgle you ?
    I like to share/brag about things i get on forums for this very reason.
    It's not a look what i have meh,meh,meh sort of thing , but i just got some new toys "what do you think" with like minded people.
    Edit:Forgot about the original question.
    My advice would be have a quick look at the charts for the last 5-6 years ( not a chart fiend ,but all information is handy) and you may see that pm's tend to rally early
    in the year only to correct around March.
    If it was me i would wait.
    I am cheap old bugger though:)

20. Niveka

Niveka New Member

Yeah, probably a little of that as well :)